Rocket Fuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rocket Fuel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Rocket Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process is quite standard. First, I had to complete coding challenge, one phone interview and one onsite interview. In onsite interview, I met 5 people. I really enjoyed the process and Everyone was nice, polite. HR was helpful throughout the process.
    Onsite interview had white board coding along with some design questions. Coding Questions were not taken from geeksforgeeks or leetcode. Some Questions were tricky to solve. Interviewers were polite and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiters. Before the interview, they were all over me - calling / emailing me multiple times. After the interview not even one peep to inform of rejection. And this is after I had a decent interview. I guess discarding candidates like a used paper towel is the norm here.

Interview Questions

• My previous work in prior companies. I was asked to explain in detail   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone and one onsite with 5 people. First phone is about probability, Second one is DP, onsite is overall. People are all nice but they have high bar. dadadadada

Interview Questions

• almost all of them is about DP. So whatever questions you are asked, think about DP first   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked to finish a OA at first, which is a deque question. After OA, I was asked to have a phone interview. The engineer asked me if I know thier company and what didi I want to ask at first. Then he sent me a coding link to write a program question. I finished the coding finnally. The communication was not so good. I felt the interviewer did not like to talk with me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel.

Interview

It's a 45 mins interview. First, ask about the project that related to machine learning, and some concept about machine learning and data mining. And then the coding question. In the final let me ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Given n pairs of parentheses, write a function to generate all combinations of well-formed parentheses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Had one coding challenge on Hackerrank and two phone screen interviews after challenge. Did not pass to onsite. Phone screen interview questions were relatively easy, but coding challenge was quite difficult.

Software Engineering(Machine Learning Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The phone interview 1 was very simple Algo question
    The phone interview 2 was on machine learning
    Onsite at HQ comprised of 5 interviews back to back from 10 am to 2pm

Onsite interview experience was highly unprofessional and disrespectful. Making a candidate fly and interview on the same day and send the candidate back on the same day is hectic and tiring. Plus, RocketFuel didn't even ask me for lunch.

When I asked them about lunch then they were zapped and thought that I have already had my lunch? Are they dreaming?
    How can I already have lunch if I have been interviewing from 10 am to 2pm back to back. Then my interviewer told that I should have asked for it?

All they wanted was to get over with the interviews. I had 2 phone interviews and 5 onsite interviews just for an internship position. Even after all that grilling I am rejected saying that our internship positions were already filled. Why did you guys waste my time if the internship positions were already filled? If you just wanted to take 5 interns for Summer 2017?

Will not recommend this company to anyone. Total waste of time.

The interviewer, I think he was working on the Ad Conversion team took so much time in explaining the question and expected me to come up with an answer quickly. That was very unfair.

Waste of Time!!

Don't even bother applying here.

Interview Questions

• NDA for onsites. Problems are not Leetcode based and are based more on company specific problems. Do brush up your Machine Learning concepts and Algo questions though.   Answer Question

Rocket Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (South Norwalk, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall, the process was straightforward and quick. It started with my cover letter and resume submission with a referral. Then an online timed coding challenge on Hackerrank. It was a basic algorithm problem with some directions about OOD and modularity. The challenge was medium difficulty and was kind of fun. Then I had a phone interview with the engineering manager and it was very clear that she read through my solution thoroughly, which I appreciated. Finally, a four hour interview with various parts of the engineering team with questions spanning from DB design to writing a React component.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared to answer questions about your coding challenge solution.   Answer Question

G&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a super long process. It started with a phone screen by a recruiter, and then followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and 2 rounds of in-person interviews. However, the entire process lasted over 4 months! There was a long gap between each step. The recruiter didn't give any update along the way nor provide any reason for the long wait.

Interview Questions

• Name a big issue happened at work which was caused solely by my mistake and how it was handled (and resolved if applicable)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a coding challenge in mid-December. A few days after I completed the coding challenge, I got scheduled for a 45 minute technical phone interview. I got a second phone interview in early January and then an onsite interview.