Rodan + Fields Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rodan + Fields Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields.

Interview

In the beginning the process was quick was able to come in a twice with in 2 weeks of applying and chatting with the recruiter. It now has been over a month since I have come in and have followed up twice and still no response. I realized that I may have not gotten the job since the posting was taken down. Would have appreciated a follow up or something to be left in the dark like this really put a sour taste in my mouth how how this company is.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields.

Interview

Home Office Position

Let me be clear, I don't expect a job to be given to me. But, I do expect organizations to treat others with honesty and respect. Somewhere in this situation I lost self respect and fell into their vortex of crazy. It gives me a story to share when others ask "whats the strangest job search?"

The recruiter cancelled our call hours before. The next month, call was completed and a promise of follow up the following week. Never happened. Emails go un answered, truth and transparency do not exist here. Months later, in person interviews scheduled, fine...I was curious, like wondering "how is this place functioning?" Scheduled 3 interviews with co-workers and a manager with a dotted line type reporting situation.

Recruiter greets me, informs me that not only am I not meeting the hiring manager, the other manager is going to be a PHONE interview as she is off site.

First set of people asked to interview me were totally unaware of the time frame this had been listed for, hadn't really even read my resume and were very lack-luster in their approach to interviewing and even answering basic questions. One person even appeared to have forgotten basic grooming, hair a mess, shirt begging for an iron looking disastrous.

Phone interview was fine, actually probably the best out of the 3.

Final interview was with 3 young employees who would be reporting to this open position and they were very unprepared and had not been coached or maybe not even observed interviewing before. This was totally uncalled for...managers should always groom and prep those who are going in front of potential candidates. It was a total waste of their time and mine.

The recruiter couldn't be bothered to explain next steps, thank me or even walk me out. Seriously, unprofessional and demoralizing.

Hiring manager messaged me apologizing for the process taking so long.

Next, classic: they pull the position and a month later, they have yet to reach out and say "sorry, not a right fit."

I found a former employee on LinkedIn and messaged with a couple of questions...it's obviously the tone and tenor of her experience working there.

In spite of themselves, they make a profit...obviously their field sales hustle very well for them. Products are great. Shame they can't fill recruiting department with quality hires.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online with help of an employee referral. Immediately got response from recruiter to schedule a phone interview, then scheduled another phone interview with the actual hiring manager. Moved forward and went into the office to do a portfolio presentation to a group of 5 and then met with them all individually afterwards.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Average. Many interviewers during day visit and many phone interviews. Asked questions on experience and dealing with difficult people. Many people to talk and it was a long process. Overall felt management was not organized.

Director Field Recognition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Submit resume for review, await response. Phone screening with recruiting agency first then phone interview with R+F talent team.
    After being provided approval by talent team and next steps, was informed that an internal executive referral was being moved forward in the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about R+F?
      Why do you feel you are a fit?
      What interested you in this position?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Disaster.
     I was contacted after applying to schedule a phone screen; we set it for a friday afternoon but the time came and went. no contact. I waited a bit to see if she would contact me assuming something had gone wrong but she didn't. I only got a response after I contacted her to see what had happened. Her excuse was that that the call had been double booked with a meeting but the call time was her suggestions so how is that possible? How could she forget that she had scheduled a call and even if it wasn't her fault, she should have realized that and at the very least emailed me. To miss an interview is unacceptable on its own but to fail to reach out to the candidate is even worse. She seemed incencere in her apology.
    Finally after she replied we settled on the following monday morning. Well monday morning rolls around and she emails canceling the call claiming she's sick and tells me she'll get back to me the next day for times. She did email me the next day but asked me if i could talk later that day but I couldn't. Who assumes someone is available the same day? I've always received options from recruiters over several days.

we eventually had a call a week after it was supposed to happen. I got the rejection email a week after that; never before have I been so relieved not to be chosen.

She was wildly unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. If this is the kind of person they want at R+F then I guess the reviews are right.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Recognition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

R + F works mainly through their recruiters for the hiring process. Upon submitting an application, my resume and cover letter, I was contacted by an HR specialist in their department to set up an initial phone call. We talked for about 30 minutes at a basic level, but it was cordial and I enjoyed learning about her experience with the company. From there, she quickly set up another interview with the hiring manager. Post that call, I had a third call with another member of the team to hear more specifics about the role. I was brought in for an interview one week later. The interview consisted of five meetings with five different team members, along with a job-related assessment that took about 20 minutes. The interviews were on-time, informative and made me feel really confident in the brand and the team. I spent almost 4 hours in the office interviewing, and 1.5 hours on the phone prior to that interview. I think above all, they are looking for people who are a cultural fit, respect and appreciate the business model, and want to work hard. I am very appreciative of how responsive the recruiter was. She filled me in/gave me updates often and made me feel very accommodated during this process. I'm happy to say I accepted an offer and am joining the R+F family!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your past two positions and tell me about how the work you've done has prepared you for the responsibilities of this role; What drew you to R+F?; What is your learning style?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Waste of time. Was clear the job was being place-held for a preferred candidate and interviews were conducted as formality.

I was told by hiring managers and team that an offer was forthcoming and, at the last minute, HR representative (another real piece of work) decided another candidate needed to enter the process and I was left hanging.
    Classy all girls group over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Ecommerce Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields in May 2016.

Interview

Be forewarned, the recruiters will leave you in limbo despite insisting on the contrary. They would never! Pfft.

Promised "next steps" will become crickets and/or radio silence if they decide to not move forward.

It's fine if R + F deems a candidate not suitable for a role, but in doing so it's professional to let the candidate know (even it's standard, HR legalese) that they are not moving on in the process.

The HR team cannot be bothered to be professional or courteous at Rodan + Fields. I'd say that's indicative of a companywide problem and practice. Other reviews of the San Francisco HQs & testaments from other prospectives prove that point.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of leading a strategy through to completion.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rodan + Fields (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruited by Rodan + Fields. Recruiter was great and got me interested in the role. Spoke with who I thought was the hiring manager over the phone who I also liked very much and we got a long great. Then met with multiple people in the department which was very disorganized as it changed who I was to meet with and when at multiple times throughout the day. I spent a very long time at the office. Each person was very green in their roles and it was clear I would be the most experienced person. In learning the role more I definitely felt I was over qualified as I was coming from a director title with 20 years experience with large successful brands. Then while I was there they said it would be titled instead of a Business Manager an Area Manager. However, I was really sold on Rodan+Fields and saw growth potential, liked the team I met. They had me come back and meet their leader at another time because he couldn't make it that day. He was not from the industry and turned out to be very stuffy and conservative. Surprising they would put someone like that there. He was the one person out of the group that voted against me. What a relief for me because I might have taken it! I ended up getting promoted at my job where I was the next week so I am grateful for Mr. Stuffy and Conservative voting against me, plus I also have been hearing a lot of negative reviews of the place from people I have met and reading on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask about my skill sets and what I have done at all which was odd. Mostly why I wanted to work there, about what kind of person I am, and how I like to work with others.   1 Answer