Roush Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2018

2.5

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Livonia, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a very thorough, but congenial, easy interview. Interviewed by different levels of management within the department and mostly covered past experience. It was a lively conversation that included past shared colleagues and program assignments.

Interview Questions

• What was my greatest difficulty about my past work experience?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with fleet manager and he outlined the job. Went over scope of work and equipment to be used. Explained the car testing and routes taken. Explained different options of the car

Engine Calibration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview

interview consisted of one behavioral phone interview with HR and one in person technical interview. The technical interview was with a panel of 3 engineering staff members. Asked basic concepts of engines

Interview Questions

• What vehicle/data collection software are you familiar with?   2 Answers

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting a resume via their online career portal I was reached out to for a phone interview. The interview process was two phone interviews and an on-site interview. The first phone interview was conducted by a person from HR, the second phone interview by the manager for the position, and the final on-site interview by the same manager. The process was relatively straight forward, with increasing duration interviews that were more in-depth at each stage working up from basic information about my background and experience to more specific questions about my skills and abilities. The on-site interview included meeting the rest of the engineering team, seeing the facilities the position worked in and learning more about the responsibilities as well as a brief test of my computer modeling skills. The HR department was very helpful coordinating the phone calls and the logistics of my onsite interview and the managers were very accommodating. They sorted all of my travel and timeline for me which made the interview process much smoother. However, when it came time for a decision to be made about an offer it was very difficult to get information or feedback. The notification date came and went with no update. It took a lot of prodding the HR department and substantial waiting to get any information about an outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on (either from work experience or school)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Livonia, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat in office with hiring manager, he barely looked at me and asked questions from a document. I felt it very impersonal and thought to my self, why am I even here? He could have just cut and paste from my resume.

Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Interview consisted of one behavioral phone interview with HR and one in person technical interview before offer was made. The technical interview was with a panel of 4 engineering staff members.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate on your previous (resume) experience?   1 Answer
    • What vehicle/data collection softwares are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Senior CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Allen Park, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of engineers. 5 altogether including a manager and director. I was brought into a conference room where they asked me questions about previous jobs. I told them about all of the NVH and CAE projects that I had worked on. Including being the project manager for the installation of a $3.4M AWD dyno.

CAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Allen Park, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was extremely academically focused. Was asked a lot of questions as to what classes I was taking and what I was learning. Was also asked questions like What are the laws of Thermodynamics, what is stress, what is strain,etc. Many questions that I was not prepared for. It was hard but I answered to the best of my abilities. Interview was hard but it was an eye-opener.

Interview Questions

• What are the laws of Thermodynamics, what is stress, what is strain,etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview

Process was quick. Phone screening then F2F with 3 levels of management. Interviewers were very personable and relaxed. It was more like a conversation than an interrogation. Not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. Felt great after the interview and thought they felt I was a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions. current role, how I managed projects, what kind of team I would create, etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview

The first contact was from an e-mail expressing that they would like to have a phone interview. They called me and asked me a few basic questions about my major and why I chose that field of study. They also asked about my skills with Microsoft Office. The next step in the process was a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?   1 Answer