Roush Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Interview consisted of one behavioral phone interview with HR and one in person technical interview before offer was made. The technical interview was with a panel of 4 engineering staff members.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate on your previous (resume) experience?   1 Answer
    • What vehicle/data collection softwares are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Senior CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Allen Park, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of engineers. 5 altogether including a manager and director. I was brought into a conference room where they asked me questions about previous jobs. I told them about all of the NVH and CAE projects that I had worked on. Including being the project manager for the installation of a $3.4M AWD dyno.

CAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Allen Park, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was extremely academically focused. Was asked a lot of questions as to what classes I was taking and what I was learning. Was also asked questions like What are the laws of Thermodynamics, what is stress, what is strain,etc. Many questions that I was not prepared for. It was hard but I answered to the best of my abilities. Interview was hard but it was an eye-opener.

Interview Questions

• What are the laws of Thermodynamics, what is stress, what is strain,etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview

Process was quick. Phone screening then F2F with 3 levels of management. Interviewers were very personable and relaxed. It was more like a conversation than an interrogation. Not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. Felt great after the interview and thought they felt I was a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions. current role, how I managed projects, what kind of team I would create, etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview

The first contact was from an e-mail expressing that they would like to have a phone interview. They called me and asked me a few basic questions about my major and why I chose that field of study. They also asked about my skills with Microsoft Office. The next step in the process was a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?   1 Answer

Vehicle Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roush Industries in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email saying they want to do a phone screen and setup a time for it and the phone interview only takes 20-30 minutes. then received another email with the recruiters name and info who's going to call me on the date and time I chose. The time that I picked I got the call and the recruiter greeted me and started the interview. it was mostly about my skills and qualifications.

Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Livonia, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. Later, I was called for a two stage on-site interview with multiple people. The focus of the interview was heavily on my theoretical knowledge and the school projects I worked on.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on theoretical engine concepts that I worked on during my school projects. Nothing difficult or twisted. There were a few questions on what kind of results I achieved in my project works.   1 Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Allen Park, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

3 hiring managers interviewed me, basically went over resume and some experience regarding the job. Lasts nearly an hour and then the manager gave me a tour inside the lab

Interview Questions

• FMEA, materials, experience   1 Answer

Manufacturing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Livonia, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR. Interviewer was nice to deal with but was mostly just asking questions about my past jobs and didn't ask many questions related to the potential job.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roush Industries (Livonia, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two on-site interviews. The last on-site interview was in a different location than the first. It lasted 2 1/2 hours. The entire process was fairly bizarre and I was "coached" before my final interview. I was told about the hours I would work and what the job expectations would be and very encouraged by the conversation. I went home that day confident that I would be receiving a call with good news and I sent handwritten thank you notes. One week went by, then 10 days with no feedback. I emailed my contact and the hiring manager and got no response. I was told by a person who works for the company that they just take a long time to work out details and not to be discouraged, but I pretty much knew that I wouldn't hear anything and I was right. Never a phone call or even a "no thank you" email. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What kind of photo and editing technology do you use?   1 Answer

Roush Industries Response

Jul 30, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

We do apologize that you were unhappy with your interview experience with Roush. Unfortunately the position for the Internal Communication Specialist was cancelled. You should have received an ... More