Rural King Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.0

CSM and Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cross Lanes, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rural King (Cross Lanes, WV) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a full-time position, was called within two days. There was no interview process because they told me at the time, it was part-time when I applied for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• They told me the position was 9.50 an hour and only part-time. This was extremely misleading and a waste of my time.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rural King (Champaign, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was basic, the store manager just read from the prepared sheet. They were interested in filling in the blanks than finding out about me. Very little follow up

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coshocton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rural King (Coshocton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager then went to HR to finish the paperwork. We just sat in the back room and got to know each other and I gave my background experience.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle certain situations.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peru, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rural King (Peru, IL).

Interview

Well, at this one, it seemed like it took forever to get to the interviewer. I arrived on time, but they were twenty minutes late. I think I saw the interviewer walk by a few times, saying that it would be soon. The place seemed kinda hectic.

Also, the interview did not go that well. (I had been thinking it was a part time or full time position but it turned out to be a temp position and I did not know that ahead of time.) Also, the interviewer came off to me as rather stern.

Hiring and Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rural King (Mattoon, IL).

Interview

Submitted Resume, received phone call "pre screen", I was asked a few basic questions, met with the VP of the area I was going to be working in for a formal interview, I was offered a position by him within 5 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked questions about my knowledge and skill set in the area I was interested in.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I interviewed at Rural King in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a store manager . Very nice and told me a lot about the job and company. Interviewed with district manager - extremely nice . Talked about 2 hours . Told me tons about company . Asked lots about motivating people, selling, running a team.
    Interviewed on video interview. Strange just talked into a video. Interviewed with HR . All were super positive about company and growth.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my background and situations with handling staff   Answer Question

Right now it was too much of a financial cut in pay for me but I do hope to work here someday . This company seems to be on the verge of something big. Loved the culture and atmosphere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rural King (Jasper, IN).

Interview

onliine application. got a call for an interview the next day. I spoke to someone in the office. She called me back and I interviewed with the manager. We spoke for a short time and I was offered five cents over minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• What my experience was in the retail field   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rural King (Knoxville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through three managers during my interview. Not one asked about my qualifications for the job or my experience. They only seemed to care about what Tractor Supply was doing now that they were moving in town. I worked for TSC at the time but wouldn't give them any info.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to get on as a department manager but was told there weren't any open positions and later found out there was. They offered me more money and full time so I accepted even though I felt like something was off. Later I found out no associates were full time.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rural King in May 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview, went well. Then had a face to face interview, was told I would hear something either way by the end of the week... two months later they called to see if I was still interested in the job. I told them only if they were willing to negotiate the salary.($30,000.00 a year for 50 hours salary). They said they would ask and get back with me. I have never heard from them again. Very disappointing!

Interview Questions

• None were difficult, just use experience from previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rural King (Muncie, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy as can be. Asked question, fill in a paper application, (don't bother doing an online one -go to the store and get one) pee in a cup, submit documents. As long as a background check comes in as fine you'll be called in to work within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Do you do drugs?
      Can you run a cash register?
      When are you willing to work?   Answer Question