Ryan Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Multi-phase interview process starting with a phone interview and culminating in an in-person group interview. I flew in from another state with the promise that I would be reimbursed for my expenses. Several months later, I'm still waiting. Excuses ranged from "you should receive something in the next two weeks" to "I know we sent a check; just can't figure out to which address it went." Seriously?! I'm glad I didn't receive an offer. I value integrity and organization, and this company appears to lack both. With the construction business booming in Florida, opportunities are plentiful so this company will need to improve its culture to compete for the really good employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you needed to improve the operational efficiency of a project and how you accomplished it.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millsboro, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Millsboro, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen interview. After you had that, you have another phone screen with another manager. Since I was recruited for this position by a recruiter, I asked tough questions such as why is the role been like a revolving door in this location.

Interview Questions

• I asked why is position open. They asked me how would I fit into their organization.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I originally applied to Ryan Homes after talking to a few of their current production managers and supervisors at my college's career fair. I was told to go on their website and review the available openings and apply. The application wasn't too bad and I decided to apply to positions in a could different cities. After a couple months of corresponding with a hiring manager for Ryan Homes I came to find out that the positions available online aren't necessarily available. They just allow people to apply even if there isn't an openning and they aren't looking to hire. I was called in to interview for a couple positions only to find out during the interview that there were not openings available. After about 4 months of this I was asked to interview for a city that I had not applied for. I did and was called back for a second round interview. Everyone involved in this whole process was super nice and helpful and I honestly enjoyed the process for the most part, but their job boards on their website need a serious overhaul.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you faced a problem that you had to overcome?   Answer Question
    • If there was one question you wished I had asked you what would it be?   Answer Question
    • What are your three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I have had 4 interviews with Ryan Homes. This has been a 2 month process so far. I have not yet received a formal offer or pass. The interview was behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had an issue with a sale. How did you resolve the issue? Tell me how that experience is relevant to selling new homes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a representative and then moved on to a panel interview in Columbia, MD. The panel interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with senior administrators, taking about 4 hours. They use the STAR technique for interview questions, which I thought was easy to prepare for given the resources on the method. Overall it was very pleasant, all the interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Beltsville, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with two recruiters at a university career fair. Was contacted by NVR corporate HR who initially conducted a phone interview and then I took a long and tedious personality screening. In-person interview was standard. Did not receive an offer.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online (Wednesday), then was contacted by a recruiter via the next day (Thursday) to set up a phone interview (scheduled for Friday). The interview was about 30min - super friendly and easy to talk to. Then she sent some longer essay questions to answer and a behavioral assessment with some logic and reasoning questions. It was long, but didn't take a long time to complete. I finished the day after (Saturday), and then was contacted by the recruiter on Monday to set up an in person interview for the following Wednesday. Met with 3 people (sales manager, division manager, and VP) individually, lasted about 2 hours. Overall it wasn't anything crazy and I enjoyed it. Still waiting to hear back.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Long and redundant. I was interviewed over 4 hours by the district manager and two teams of two. All the questions were essentially the same, as if they wanted to line your answers up. This was after an hour long phone screen and personality tests. The interview questions themselves were easy, but the process was difficult.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different managers after getting through the initial behavioral phone screening and on campus interview. The employees and hiring managers all made this a very easy process throughout its entirety.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have purchased? What steps did you take to consider alternatives?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Frederick, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is a phone interview. The recruiter asks a series of questions regarding work history, skills and experience. Following that interview, a second round of in-person interviews takes place. If you are not chosen for the second round of interviews, you will be notified via email.

Interview Questions

• The interview starts off with being asked to talk about yourself for about 5 minutes.   Answer Question