Ryan Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

3.3

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Frederick, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is a phone interview. The recruiter asks a series of questions regarding work history, skills and experience. Following that interview, a second round of in-person interviews takes place. If you are not chosen for the second round of interviews, you will be notified via email.

Interview Questions

• The interview starts off with being asked to talk about yourself for about 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews and a rigorous 4 hour panel interview. Some interviewers were nice and open, others were rude and very pressing. Not interested in knowledge or eagerness to work in the field, only questioned about academic achievements. Job more geared towards fresh college grads, not experienced construction professionals.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millsboro, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Millsboro, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen interview. After you had that, you have another phone screen with another manager. Since I was recruited for this position by a recruiter, I asked tough questions such as why is the role been like a revolving door in this location.

Interview Questions

• I asked why is position open. They asked me how would I fit into their organization.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email requesting a telephone interview. Lasted approx. 30 minutes.
    Was told I would receive a link to further testing/questioning considered to be part #2. Took test,300+ questions and some math. Took approx. 2 hrs. Received an email 3 days later requesting specific sales data history to direct to management.
    Awaiting response.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I have had 4 interviews with Ryan Homes. This has been a 2 month process so far. I have not yet received a formal offer or pass. The interview was behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had an issue with a sale. How did you resolve the issue? Tell me how that experience is relevant to selling new homes.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online (Wednesday), then was contacted by a recruiter via the next day (Thursday) to set up a phone interview (scheduled for Friday). The interview was about 30min - super friendly and easy to talk to. Then she sent some longer essay questions to answer and a behavioral assessment with some logic and reasoning questions. It was long, but didn't take a long time to complete. I finished the day after (Saturday), and then was contacted by the recruiter on Monday to set up an in person interview for the following Wednesday. Met with 3 people (sales manager, division manager, and VP) individually, lasted about 2 hours. Overall it wasn't anything crazy and I enjoyed it. Still waiting to hear back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

One of the more time consuming, 6 hours min. to get through phone call #2. Click on "apply" and the resume and cover letter just start you down the rabbit hole. Yes, then you need to redundantly put all that info into their form. Over 45... don't bother.

Interview Questions

• "So, did HR explain what the job is?" (phone interview with field ops person)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

lengthy and annoying

Interview Questions

Negotiation

na

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Multi-phase interview process starting with a phone interview and culminating in an in-person group interview. I flew in from another state with the promise that I would be reimbursed for my expenses. Several months later, I'm still waiting. Excuses ranged from "you should receive something in the next two weeks" to "I know we sent a check; just can't figure out to which address it went." Seriously?! I'm glad I didn't receive an offer. I value integrity and organization, and this company appears to lack both. With the construction business booming in Florida, opportunities are plentiful so this company will need to improve its culture to compete for the really good employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you needed to improve the operational efficiency of a project and how you accomplished it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

submitted application, received email back asking for a phone interview. After passing phone interview, then there is online testing which can take up to 2 hours that consists of math questions and personality testing, then if you pass that there will be a 3-4 hour in person interview with 3-4 high level managers.

Interview Questions

• Real life experiences. What problem have you overcome? Describe how you handled an upset customer using a real experience.   Answer Question

Process was too long and was missing other opportunities. I took another job offer that I didn't want to lose. Since the process was so long.