- United States - All Cities
- - Virginia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Charlottesville, VA Area
- - Norfolk, VA Area
- - Richmond, VA Area
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Delaware
- - Seaford, DE Area
- - District of Columbia
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Orlando, FL Area
- - Tampa, FL Area
- - Indiana
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Indianapolis, IN Area
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - New Jersey
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - New York State
- - North Carolina
- - Charlotte, NC Area
- - Raleigh-Durham, NC Area
- - Ohio
- - Cincinnati, OH Area
- - Cleveland, OH Area
- - Columbus, OH Area
- - Dayton, OH Area
- - Pennsylvania
- - Allentown, PA Area
- - Pittsburgh, PA Area
- - York-Hanover, PA Area
- - South Carolina
- - Greenville, SC Area
- - Tennessee
- - Nashville, TN Area
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- South Africa - All Cities
- - Free State
- - Virginia
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Ryan Homes
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ryan Homes
- Sales and Marketing Representative (36)
- Production Supervisor (26)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Sales Assistant (4)
- Sales and Marketing Associate (4)
- Project Manager (3)
- Sales Consultant (3)
- Sales and Marketing (3)
- Sales & Marketing Representative In Training (2)
- Site Supervisor (2)
- Loan Processor (1)
- Construction Manager (1)
- Warranty Supervisor (1)
- Manager, Production (1)
- Sales/Marketing Associate (1)
- Builder (1)
- Onsite Supervisor (1)
- Production Manager (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Project Supervisor (1)
- Customer Service Supervisor (1)
- Sales Support Specialist (1)
- Accounting Manager (1)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2021
The first was 30 minutes phone interview. Very nice and helpful person .Mostly easy questions about your past and resume. PSP metrics test online with a time limit. Require very reading skills. Last phone interview with two different managers on separate different time forty-five minutes takes.Very professional Senior managers .Business attire.
- Behavioral type interview you need to answer all questions with your past experience Tell me about yourself? Walk me thru your resume? Tell me about your day your current job? How do you handle conflict between associates? What do you do if someone not following the safety regulations on the job site? Why do you want to work here? How do you handle stress and pressure? What is your motivation other than salary? How do you motivate your team?
Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Dayton, OH)
1st and only interview day I met with 3 people in one day - many consistent questions ensuring I answered honestly. No one took notes, but they each did convey their interest in me.
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes
The 1st step is to submit an application online and upload your resume Next step: HR reviews the applications and chooses which candidates to interview, those candidates have an interview with a representative from HR Third Step: you are sent a candidate questionnaire to complete that elaborates on your resume and a personality/cognitive assessment to complete Final Step: they select which candidates to have an interview with in person or virtually. You interview with multiple individuals
- Q: Tell me about yourself Q: Tell me about a time you had a client with unrealistic expectations Q: Do you have a follow-up system for your clients? Q: Why are you interested in a new construction sales consultant position?
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes in Feb 2021
Overall, the interview was laid back, and the recruiter was very nice. I was asked the typical interview questions, and other things about my resume. It was one of the better interview experiences I have had.
- Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Richmond, VA) in Feb 2021
30 min intro call with recruiter. After that, required to take a personality test, along with a cognitive skill test. Got a call back the next day to schedule interview with Managers. 2 hour video interview with managers. A lot of behavior questions- they both asked the same exact ones. Maybe to see if my stories were different? Wrote them both thank you notes. Didn't get a response. Few days later just got a generic automated email saying I didn't get it. Emailed the recruiter to thank her for her time and the opportunity to interview with them. Asked if there was anything that I was lacking or advise going forward for when I interview elsewhere. No response.
- Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at work? How did you overcome it?
Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Frederick, MD) in Jan 2021
I did a 30 minute phone interview with HR, about a week later I did about and hour and a half interview in person with two project managers. A week later I did a final interview with the division vice president.
- Standard questions about why I chose the profession and company. They also asked behavioral questions and really tried to get to know you as a person to see if you fit the company well.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Williamsburg, VA) in Nov 2020
The process was very straight forward, had an initial 30-minute EXTREMELY unformal phone call with the recruiter over the position. After that, you are required to take a personality test, along with a cognitive skill test. From there the recruiter became non-responsive to all follow-up, which I deem unprofessional.
- Standard - Why do you want to work for Ryan etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Rockville, MD) in Sep 2020
It was a Phone Interview. Asked for specific experience type questions like...tell me a time where you had to deal with a hostile employee, how did you resolve the issue?
- Tell me a time where you had to deal with a hostile employee, how did you resolve the issue?
I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Ryan Homes
Panel interview with background questions. I had two separate panel interviews which were two weeks a part and then waited about another week for the offer. In all it was about a month long process.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at Ryan Homes
Interview was with two different individuals at different levels of management. After years of experience as a professional after college, the interview questions never got to any of it. They were clearly designed to address recent graduates of college or those soon to graduate. I had received my degree 5 years prior to the interview.
- Tell me about a tough challenge you had to overcome in college.