SCM Insurance Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview.
    I applied online. And it's really fast to get a phone interview. They tell me it will take 1week if i get second interview. However, no more email and phone.
    Phone interview is easy.
    just ask you basic questions

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services.

Interview

I received an email asking me to complete a telephone interview that basically covered why I was leaving my current job, strengths, weaknesses, and what skills I believed a person needed to work my position. The same day I was called as well as emailed asking me to go into their office for an in person interview. The in person interview contained many similar questions as well as basic interview questions. I was sent online tests for skills in Microsoft Office and asked to get 4 references in 24 hours.

Intake Administraror Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview and then was set up for an in- person interview. Interviewed by three persons..Director, Manager, Team Member.
    After interview I am not looking at hiring prospect even though I know I did well.
    Consider them a bunch of time wasters

Interview Questions

• About weakness and strength and about my self for phone interview. In person not much questions just about my work experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online to their ad during the middle of July. At the end of July I was called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well as I had many of the skills from a previous position/similar company. At this time, I was sent an online personality assessment (basically the same questions re-worded so many times) and took about 40 minutes to complete. I also had to complete a skills assessment in Excel and Word, which I scored highly on. I was then invited to come in for a group interview.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I felt great about it after as I gelled well with the direct leaders I would be working with. The following week I was asked to give 4 references (4 is too much for this position in my opinion). They needed reference feedback within 24 hours and I was able to meet the deadline. I was given glowing reviews and I know his because I am close with my references. A week goes by and I hear nothing back.

I call the HR rep to do a follow up and they respond with "hopefully we'll have made a decision by early next week, I will let you know as you are one of our top candidates"... I've never heard back. This process took 4 weeks.

To be honest, I was really excited about this opportunity. I really thought I had this. I waited and waited for a phone call or email even if it was a rejection or piece of feedback. As well this experience left me feeling temporarily hopeless in my job search because I had to jump through many hoops with this place.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First received an email setting up a telephone interview. Telephone interview was set up and upon completion I was sent a personality survey to complete and was told the interviewer would be out of the office for two weeks so I waited two weeks to see if I would be called in for an in person interview. I got a call two weeks later on a Monday asking me to come in for an in person interview with the Marketing Coordinator and her superior. I went for the interview, and the next day I was emailed saying all of my references must fill out a survey instead of them actually calling my references I provided. So I got 4 references as requested and they completed the survey within 24 hours. I was then contacted again to come in for a second in person interview with the two people I had already interviewed with plus the Vice President of Marketing. I went to this interview and was told I would find out the following week if they would be offering me the position. The following week on Tuesday I received an email saying that I had not been selected. I asked the recruiter why I was not selected and what I could improve upon for future interviews and she said that she had no further information for me other than I didn't get the job. ALOT of hoops to jump threw for NOTHING.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR Generalist very quickly to set up a phone interview on Friday.

Had my phone interview where they asked me about my experience and very general questions my background. They had me complete a personality test, very basic questions.

Had a face-to-face interview the following Tuesday, met with the Hiring VP and a Manager for about 2 hours and really felt good about my chances for the role. Interaction with both was really good and flowing, as originally we had scheduled only for 1 hour since I had a meeting to attend afterwards.

Sent thank you follow-up emails and received responses from all 3 people. I was really confident.

Followed up with HR after one week, HR told me that person who interviewed me was on vacation and they would be contacting me shortly once they finished interviewing other candidates the following week(aka you didn't get the job and strung me along) since the VP told me two other candidates interviewed before me and they were finished interviews. I played along and followed up the following week and HR told me they were really interested in me but still awaiting feedback.

It's been 4 weeks and nothing.

The only feedback would be that be honest with candidates and don't provide false hope and state up front you didn't get the job. As i really got excited and would have been pissed if I was unemployed with false hope.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell us a time about where you exceeded expectations and a time where you did not meet expectations and why?
      -Improvements of processes and procedures
      - Describe Management style
      -5 year and 10 year goals   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Interview

was not impressed, no feedback after interview. I had a phone interview with HR and got scheduled for interview in office interview. Interviewer had a sad face all through as if he was forced to work that morning. no response three weeks after interview

Interview Questions

• do you like been monitored or left alone to work on your own   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took almost 3 months. The Talent Acquisition Manage got in touch to check if I was interested in the position to which I said yes. He then asked me a few questions and said he will soon fix up an interview with the marketing head and let me know. a couple days later he sent an email( almost 8:30 in the night) to check my availability the next day afternoon with a link to complete a behavioral assessment which was easy and took 15-20mins. I tried to work it around and fixed up the interview. Met the Marketing Head and the HR guy. Everything went well and I was told that they will get back to me within a week, which they never did. I kept trying to connect with the HR & Marketing person.

I guess they didnt have the courtesy to even send a rejection email and on top of that they were ignoring my calls & emails.

I am now glad that I didnt receive an offer from them coz if if did I would never want to work work a company that doesnt respect people and treat people like they are nothing.

They are not even top employers in Canada and they have an attitude problem.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about marketing and what do you know about us etc   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview about my experience

Manager of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCM Insurance Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR office and asked to complete a behavourial survey. The survey took about 30 minutes and was not difficult. Then I was interviewed by phone from the HR office - some basic questions on my qualifications, interest in the position, and what I was looking for.

I was then brought in to meet the manager and asked a series of questions relating to my leadership and projects. Lastly, the CHRO interviewed my for about 30-45 minutes and we discussed strategy

Interview Questions

• From a list of 10 leadership traits, which are the most important to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer that was good and comprehensive. The benefit plan was a strong motivator for me to take the job