SCOR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCOR Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCOR (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Great initial phone interview with HR but the in person interview was very disappointing. Upon arrival to the Charlotte offices no one seemed to be aware of where to place me for the actual interviews since the Admin was out sick. Ended up sitting in a VP's office waiting while he worked at his desk.

Was interviewing with several people.
    First interview was asked if I ever wanted to be a consultant leading me to believe that the company really didn't know what they wanted in the position since I was interviewing for a analytic position. As the day went on I got the sense they were looking for someone to help them organized themselves and hammer out their structure which once again was not the job I applied for.

Subsequent interview manager seemed more interested in boasting about his data management abilities and his rise in the company than actually scoping out my skill set.

Multiple offsite video interviews where people were very nice but seemed to be overwhelmed with recent organizational changes.

I interviewed for several hours and at the end of the day, no one escorted me out and if I hadn't taken the initiative to ask to for parking validation when I first arrived, I would have been left paying a hefty fee because the receptionist was long gone by the time I finished for the day.

Sent a follow up email and never heard from anyone in the company ever again.
    I consider myself to be lucky in that regard because they were unorganized, unfocused, and slightly arrogant all at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever thought about being a consultant   1 Answer

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCOR (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face to face interview with claims manager, discussed the skills needed vs my past experiences. The entire interview was about 90 minutes and was very through. The management team for claims likes to hire contract employees and if it doesn't work out then the contract ends

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCOR.

Interview

Applied through school's statistics department. Got contacted by HR for 30 minutes, and then scheduled interview with full time actuaries. Two phone interviews with actuaries, and all the interviews are through phone.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I was already working a contract position so interviewing was only a matter of meeting with the current manager I was reporting to.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SCOR (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

short and sweet, was done in a total of 1 hour with some very basic questions. asked about prior work experience and such. Also asked about salary demands. Raised concerns about lack of experience but were willing to accommodate an able learner.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SCOR.

Interview

Two interview process than took over 3 months to finalize.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but it was meeting intense and they had a two day agenda of people you had to meet and visit with. It was more emotionally draining from all the meetings than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

amicable

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCOR (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, Technical Test, in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This phase was straight forward.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCOR (Plano, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview went smooth. The downside to this company is that it takes months to bring you on. All approvals have to go through Paris. I interviewed in January. Was told they wanted me but didn't start until the end of March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with accounting for multi entity?   1 Answer

Communications Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCOR.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well and about a week later I was asked for writing samples. Then another email asking me for a phone meeting with the hiring manager, to be followed by F2F onsite (internationally, travel paid by company.)

First HR person was what you would expect and very professional. Asked relevant questions about work, skills, experience etc. Second one (interviewing me from France) repeated the same questions, later in the interview made some odd comments about my location related to religion/politics. 40 minutes later, got an email saying that I was a strong candidate but due to my location, I wouldn't be a good fit for the team they were trying to build. Did not get the impression company is welcoming of minorities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do you manage your work, what languages do you speak and how well.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SCOR (Paris (France)) in December 2015.

Interview

first Hr interview, then manager interview. It is really friendly environment and they just try to know you better, including experience and professional track. No need to worry just be yourself.