SEB AB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.9

Officer Seb Life International Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview went up in 5 steps in total, 2 interviews on the phone and one face to face with recruitment agency and then with SEBLI 1 interview with manager & HR + Another interview with team lead & future co-worker

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the role, Why have you applied for this job?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then received an email saying I was selected for a brief phone interview. The recruitment agency gave me a call on a selected day, call didn't last for more than 15 min. Later received an invitation to assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Why SEB? Why are you a qualified candidate? Strengths? Relate your skills to the position?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB.

Interview

1st round : traditional short phone screening (basic questions on motivation etc)
    2nd round: a recruitment day with an IQ test, group assignment and personal interviews. Good atmosphere and SEB staff were all very friendly.

Didn't make it to the last personal interviews which would have included more personal interviews and personality tests.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure and what did you learn about it?   Answer Question

Global Financial Solutions Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEB AB (Oslo (Norway)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 40 minute conversation with an analyst in the team. We talked about the company, the role, me and my motivations for applying to this specific role. I was then given a case on currency hedging of a future cash flow in another currency.

I did not get the internship based on bad performance on the case but got very good feedback so I am happy with the experience.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview round - brief telephone interview where they asked general questions about you and about your motivation. No extensive preparation for this round needed.

Second interview round - invited up to Stockholm for the SEB assessment day where you first were introduced to SEB, had to do assessment tests (only logical), a group-case (regarding customer service), and where you met with your potential future boss, a SEB HR person, and an external recruiter. During the last interview (that lasted for about 30 min), you had to prepare a presentation which they had informed you about before, and you were asked questions about why credit analysis in addition to a few technical questions. I got a question regarding the impact on the BS, PL and CFS when writing off goodwill.

Third interview round - first two hours of tests (personal + logical tests) and one hour in-depth interview with the external recruiters. Then a credit analysis related individual case very much related to credit analysis (2 hrs prep + 1 hr presentation) and then a meeting with your future potential boss.

Interview Questions

• How will the writing off of goodwill affect the financial statements?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

Banking superday, 50 applicants meet at SEB headquarters in stockholm, some of the previous years intern presented the company and what to expect, furthermore there were lunch and mingle with some of the full time employees which told us more about the specific banking division.

Interview Questions

• Were asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation and then some followup questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. The first interview was with two employees at the department. They mostly asked me about myself but also questions about what I think about diversity at the work place. They also asked me some questions about statistics and finance. On the final interview they were three persons interviewing me, two was the same as the first interview and the head of the department was also there. During the second interview I mostly got questions about statistics and finance.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: What role do you think a bank should have?
      Interview 1:Describe how a bond and a stock correlate
      Interview 2: What is value-at-risk?
      Answer Question

Controller (Trainee) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB.

Interview

Step one is a phone interview with questions about your life, choice of university, why you want to work at SEB etc.. The second process is an open house where you will conduct an analytical test (mensa style) and have and interview with questions focused on your leadership abilities. The next step would have been a large personality test containing around 600 questions, and a final interview. You will also be asked to show them your criminal record.

Customer & Corporate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SEB AB (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in April 2014.

Interview

straight to the point, but friendly and interesting.
    They made you feel welcome and comfortable as soon you walked in.
    The interview process consisted of two individual interviews with two different people from the company. The interviews varied little in how long they took but overall it was about 15 minutes with each person.

The overall experience was very positive and friendly. You immediately feel welcome. They let you know pretty quick after the interviews if you get an offer.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SEB AB (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in January 2014.

Interview

I have been contacted via LinkedIn if i was interested by an opportunity in the team. After a phone call to schedule a physical interview, I had the interview with the 2 team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Why should they choose me ?
      What is my knowledge in Asset Management ?
      Answer Question