SEB AB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.9

Officer Seb Life International Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview went up in 5 steps in total, 2 interviews on the phone and one face to face with recruitment agency and then with SEBLI 1 interview with manager & HR + Another interview with team lead & future co-worker

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the role, Why have you applied for this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB.

Interview

Took 1 month.
    1. Applied via ob portal
    2. After 3 weeks got a call. Phone interview lasted around 30 min.
    3. Was invited to interview. Overall there were 3 of them. First one - tests, second - discussions, the third one was about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• There were test on simple maths and logic, as well as questions about experience, education, past jobs / internships, hobbies, stress level, etc. Why I applied, why I consider myself a good candidate...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then received an email saying I was selected for a brief phone interview. The recruitment agency gave me a call on a selected day, call didn't last for more than 15 min. Later received an invitation to assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Why SEB? Why are you a qualified candidate? Strengths? Relate your skills to the position?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEB AB (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started on Skype and then the other interview was supposed to be in the job location but was instead organised on Skype since not everyone could have attended the interview.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB.

Interview

1st round : traditional short phone screening (basic questions on motivation etc)
    2nd round: a recruitment day with an IQ test, group assignment and personal interviews. Good atmosphere and SEB staff were all very friendly.

Didn't make it to the last personal interviews which would have included more personal interviews and personality tests.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure and what did you learn about it?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riga (Latvia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB (Riga (Latvia)) in February 2016.

Interview

30 minutes long interview, my overall experience was quite satisfying in terms of approach by corporate personnel who was gentle and very clear while explaining all the interview process. The started with some common IQ tests then to explain the methods to be applied by candidates. It took about thirty minutes all the process.

Interview Questions

• Very intuitive and IQ defining tools   1 Answer

Global Financial Solutions Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEB AB (Oslo (Norway)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 40 minute conversation with an analyst in the team. We talked about the company, the role, me and my motivations for applying to this specific role. I was then given a case on currency hedging of a future cash flow in another currency.

I did not get the internship based on bad performance on the case but got very good feedback so I am happy with the experience.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview round - brief telephone interview where they asked general questions about you and about your motivation. No extensive preparation for this round needed.

Second interview round - invited up to Stockholm for the SEB assessment day where you first were introduced to SEB, had to do assessment tests (only logical), a group-case (regarding customer service), and where you met with your potential future boss, a SEB HR person, and an external recruiter. During the last interview (that lasted for about 30 min), you had to prepare a presentation which they had informed you about before, and you were asked questions about why credit analysis in addition to a few technical questions. I got a question regarding the impact on the BS, PL and CFS when writing off goodwill.

Third interview round - first two hours of tests (personal + logical tests) and one hour in-depth interview with the external recruiters. Then a credit analysis related individual case very much related to credit analysis (2 hrs prep + 1 hr presentation) and then a meeting with your future potential boss.

Interview Questions

• How will the writing off of goodwill affect the financial statements?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

Banking superday, 50 applicants meet at SEB headquarters in stockholm, some of the previous years intern presented the company and what to expect, furthermore there were lunch and mingle with some of the full time employees which told us more about the specific banking division.

Interview Questions

• Were asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation and then some followup questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SEB AB (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. The first interview was with two employees at the department. They mostly asked me about myself but also questions about what I think about diversity at the work place. They also asked me some questions about statistics and finance. On the final interview they were three persons interviewing me, two was the same as the first interview and the head of the department was also there. During the second interview I mostly got questions about statistics and finance.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: What role do you think a bank should have?
      Interview 1:Describe how a bond and a stock correlate