SMC Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2016

2.7

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

first talk with head hunter then talk to recruiter then they send you the application tru email so fourth
    Application
    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed (Port Orange, FL) in October 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell us if a time in your work experience where you had to handle multiple tasks going on all at once...How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process, Was contacted first by phone for a phone interview and then later went in for a formal interview. Was asked some very general interview questions, more of a "get-to-know-you" experience, then shown the facility.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through their website and got a call in a few days which I missed. Spent over a week trying to get back in touch with them while they weren't returning my calls. Finally about two weeks later I received a call apologizing for not getting back to me but they wanted to set up an interview in the next week. Interview was structured with most of the focus being on the details of my resume. Asked standard canned questions when the person appeared to get irritated with my response and slammed his folder shut. Had a great second interview with the branch manager with all of the same questions. The communication from the beginning was spotty and sometimes felt border line unprofessional. Given my experience I would not have pursued this opportunity.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone, then an appointment. Interviewed with several departments. They were in the process of moving to another town, unorganized, but through.Typical large corporation. Good interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SMC Corporation.

Interview

Initially meet with a Sales Manager who asks the standard HR type questions. If that Sales Manager likes you, he/she will set up a second interview with another Sales Manager or a Senior Account Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions that are asked are of the basic HR influenced variety. There isn't anything that will catch you off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy. There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer, end of story.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Had to travel up to Chicago for the interview. 3 questions out of an interview manual read by the branch manager. No tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. A quick, what is the worst situation scenario. A What is the best situation scenario and lastly a what have you done that made a customer really happy.   1 Answer

Clueless about the industry management, wishy washy about expectations, didn't know who their competition is.

Inside Sales Support Representative/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through Staffing agency on accident. Got interview with SMC..went great. Said they would contact me withing 1-3 weeks. I never heard back. I even called SMC and left VM's. Nothing. Complete disrespect to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN).

Interview

Had a phone interview. Then an in person interview where I was asked all the HR questions. Then a third interview with the entire team I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Just typical HR questions about how you perform under certain pressures and in specific types of situations.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Took 4 days for interview process when in other cases people were hired in straight off the street.
    There is a lot of favoritism, nepotism and discrimination going on at SMC CORPORATION OF AMERICA in Noblesville ,Indiana and people won't admit are even say anything because they are scared of losing there jobs.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

Panel interview with situational questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. How do you handle a lot of tasks? Have you encountered group conflict? How was this resolved? Have you had to take the role of group leader? Have you failed to meet a deadline? Why? How did you handle it?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a