SMC Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with several different teams. Initial contact with company was through career fair at University. They were punctual in their response, and invited me to interview with a panel. The environment for the interview was laid back and more of an initial consultation than anything technical.

Interview Questions

• What are the components you are most interested in manufacturing/designing?   Answer Question

Inside Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMC Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

Response to my application and scheduling of an interview were prompt. Both interviewers were pleasant and informative, spending far more time describing the company's history and the role I would play within it than asking meaningful questions about my personal talents and goals.
         I was reassured more than once that, based on my background and skill set, I would be a "great fit" for the position. As the interview concluded, I was also promised that I would hear back from them by the end of the following week, which never happened. Still, I remained guardedly optimistic for a few weeks until I saw the position had been filled.
        I went into this interview having received several warnings from former employees about rampant nepotism, favoritism and general ineptitude and apathy vis-à-vis most employees at SMC's managerial level, but I chose to ignore them. I regret that now, as it has been demonstrated to me that this company does not treat prospective employees with the most basic of human dignity. Applicants spend a tremendous amount of time, energy and money to find fulfilling work. It logically follows that they deserve respectful answers and feedback even when they don't end up being selected for a given position - particularly if they have been told that they are a "great fit." SMC falls far short in this respect, and should treat all potential employees with the respect they deserve instead of ignoring them once they've hired someone else.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Lots of normal questions about how I would handle this, how I handled that. There were a total of seven questions that were asked, with three supervisors sitting in on the interview. After the initial seven questions, the supervisors asked certain follow up questions that were their personal questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a conflict among the employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very informal and little was talked about. The interviewer was mostly interested in whether or not I would relocate for the job. This seemed to be the only important thing to him.

Interview Questions

• Where would you be willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

first talk with head hunter then talk to recruiter then they send you the application tru email so fourth
    Application
    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed (Port Orange, FL) in October 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell us if a time in your work experience where you had to handle multiple tasks going on all at once...How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Noblesville, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process, Was contacted first by phone for a phone interview and then later went in for a formal interview. Was asked some very general interview questions, more of a "get-to-know-you" experience, then shown the facility.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMC Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through their website and got a call in a few days which I missed. Spent over a week trying to get back in touch with them while they weren't returning my calls. Finally about two weeks later I received a call apologizing for not getting back to me but they wanted to set up an interview in the next week. Interview was structured with most of the focus being on the details of my resume. Asked standard canned questions when the person appeared to get irritated with my response and slammed his folder shut. Had a great second interview with the branch manager with all of the same questions. The communication from the beginning was spotty and sometimes felt border line unprofessional. Given my experience I would not have pursued this opportunity.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone, then an appointment. Interviewed with several departments. They were in the process of moving to another town, unorganized, but through.Typical large corporation. Good interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SMC Corporation.

Interview

Initially meet with a Sales Manager who asks the standard HR type questions. If that Sales Manager likes you, he/she will set up a second interview with another Sales Manager or a Senior Account Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions that are asked are of the basic HR influenced variety. There isn't anything that will catch you off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy. There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer, end of story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMC Corporation (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Had to travel up to Chicago for the interview. 3 questions out of an interview manual read by the branch manager. No tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. A quick, what is the worst situation scenario. A What is the best situation scenario and lastly a what have you done that made a customer really happy.   1 Answer

Clueless about the industry management, wishy washy about expectations, didn't know who their competition is.