SOSi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.0

Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SOSi (Norfolk, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiters contacted me the following day after uploading resume and application. Seemed very interested in filling positions to meet their needs. Formal telephonic interview scheduled with in the week.

Interview Questions

• Initial questions about my experience, availability, and expectations for salary and benefits.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA).

Interview

SOSi reached out to me...they were in need of qualified personnel and late to need for the projects they were standing up in Iraq. They were more interested in getting a warm body in the seat than a lengthy interview process. This trend continues today.
      They tend to reach out to people they have served with in the Army first and hire without a lengthy interview process. If the MSG, ISG or BD VPs know you from previous service...you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in deploying to Iraq   2 Answers

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SOSi (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Got a phone call from a recruiter. Then I took a screening interpreting exam followed by a two week interpreting course at the end of which another exam is scheduled. The exam deals with all three modes of interpretation.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with interpretation in a legal setting.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Approximately 1 week later, I received a phone call for a phone screening. I was scheduled immediately for an in-person interview just a few days away. The interview was average and wasn't anything I didn't expect. However, I was told that I will hear back from them right away whether I was offered the position or not. I followed up with a thank you email the same day and sent another email requesting my candidacy status. That was almost a month ago and I have yet to receive a reply from them. I think it is very inconsiderate when someone takes time out of their day for an in-person interview and the company provides no follow-up, even when requested. I have received feedback from companies even if it was just a phone screening. Word of advice, at least reply to those candidates who completed in-person interviews with you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an angry person?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SOSi.

Interview

Once you get past the recruiter; there are three to four interviews depending on the position. The process is long drawn. After the initial contact with the recruiter; it takes a long time. You are in limbo before the actual interviewing starts; there is no contact so you really don't know if you are still in the running for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was reasonable and I accepted it.

News Desk Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOSi in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job and got an email two days later from the recruiter to do a phone screen. We did the phone screen later that day, and he just mostly told me about the position, asked a few questions (like availability) and then I asked a few questions. It turned out the position was part-time at least at first and the monitors are considered contract workers, so it probably wouldn't have been the best job for me. They were also looking for someone to start immediately, like that weekend, and I just couldn't do that, but the recruiter emailed me back the very next morning to let me know that they decided to go with someone else because of the timing, but was very kind about it and I appreciated the personal email letting me know.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SOSi (Herndon, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewing process was very easy, usual interview questions. Several people interviewed me. They described the worked day. I pretty much asked questions and manger was answering them. Was not hard to impress them.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with direct manager. I was hired on the spot. It was a good place to work, until you start digging in the financial information. beware of this place!! They make promises they never keep

Title III Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SOSi (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was lengthy due to the background clearance but it did take less than expected, after waiver was granted I interviewed with the supervisor on site, basically went through the same questions I put in my application when I first applied.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SOSi (Virginia (South Africa)).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The process all happened very quickly. As others have said, you won't hear back from HR about the status of your application despite giving them your time. The interview seemed a bit sexist--I recall the man leading the interview saying something like you need to be stern and stand your ground, etc. as if to imply that I couldn't do this...