SOSi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SOSi Interview Questions

Interviews at SOSi

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SOSi (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Got a phone call from a recruiter. Then I took a screening interpreting exam followed by a two week interpreting course at the end of which another exam is scheduled. The exam deals with all three modes of interpretation.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with interpretation in a legal setting.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SOSi (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First phone interview is basically asking your experiences; she then proceeds to describe the type of work and the process; You are then given an assessment; if you pass, you move on. Next process is taking a course with a language agency; if you pass that assessment, you then move on to work. Your performance is reviewed; if you score high enough, you will keep working.

Interview Questions

• Where have you previously worked?   3 Answers
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SOSi (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty short,. Was contacted by a recruiter. submitted the resume next day. However, all the email exchange, exams, coordinating took few months, and I'm still not officially contracted with them. They made me take the immigration interpreting online classes and exam.

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Complete process from online application to offer took 4 weeks. Very important to network with employees to get understanding of process, and understand their HR processes to manage expectations. I spoke with recruiter and program managers, but but was never given opportunity to speak with the prime contact manager. Offer's are very broad concerning position and duty description, and appear to provide a lot of flexibility for SOSi and the prime contractor, with limited options for employees. Benefits package seem generous for a 365 day overseas tour to include completion bonus, time off, and financial benefits package, but if I am asked to return I would expect a significant raise after this unspoken "probation period".

Interview Questions

• What experiences , education, qualifications, and security clearance do you have working in the fields and theater of operations associated with the job title and description?   Answer Question

Interview

There was no in person interview. Interviewer was the project manager. We basically held a normal conversation for 20 minutes. Not a lot of questions and no technical questions.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SOSi (Herndon, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewing process was very easy, usual interview questions. Several people interviewed me. They described the worked day. I pretty much asked questions and manger was answering them. Was not hard to impress them.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SOSi in March 2019.

Interview

Thought the interview went well. I had to wait three weeks to hear I didn't get the position. This is after I contacted the recruiter a week prior and told to be patient.

Be up front with candidates and let them know as soon as possible if they didn't get the position. You know right away if the candidate is someone you would hire or not.

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

3rd party requirement. Ex KBR, they love you. Got a call via phone, then later via Skype, on the end by phone again. Offers differ a lot. great promises until they pick you up, then everything changes

Interview Questions

• work experience mostly, and little of background   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Approximately 1 week later, I received a phone call for a phone screening. I was scheduled immediately for an in-person interview just a few days away. The interview was average and wasn't anything I didn't expect. However, I was told that I will hear back from them right away whether I was offered the position or not. I followed up with a thank you email the same day and sent another email requesting my candidacy status. That was almost a month ago and I have yet to receive a reply from them. I think it is very inconsiderate when someone takes time out of their day for an in-person interview and the company provides no follow-up, even when requested. I have received feedback from companies even if it was just a phone screening. Word of advice, at least reply to those candidates who completed in-person interviews with you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an angry person?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SOSi.

Interview

Once you get past the recruiter; there are three to four interviews depending on the position. The process is long drawn. After the initial contact with the recruiter; it takes a long time. You are in limbo before the actual interviewing starts; there is no contact so you really don't know if you are still in the running for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was reasonable and I accepted it.