SRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRAM Interview Questions

2.3

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRAM.

Interview

Had a phone interview first with the Engineering Manager. Follow up on-site interview took most of the day. The focus was mainly on technical skills and background, but there was also an emphasis on cultural fit. There were lots of people involved in the interviews, usually 2-3 interviewers at a time.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRAM (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I found the interview process to be very straightforward. Expectations were presented upfront and the whole meeting focused on my objectives, the company's objectives and how/if they were aligned. Upon applying I was asked to conduct a quick phone interview followed by a PI test. I then was asked to come into the office and have a live interview-which took about 3-4 hrs. I met with a number of individuals within the company and they explained their roles/responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about SRAM and why do you feel this role with be fulfilling?   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SRAM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was long despite being told constantly they needed to fill the position. I interviewed over the phone and it went well. I was told that they would schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I would follow up and be told that they would have an update within the next few days and then a few weeks would go by without hearing anything. Then all of a sudden it was them calling to schedule a days worth of interviews with over 10 different employees.
    Afterwards they told me they really liked me and that there were two positions open and that they would be getting back to me within a week.
    After two weeks I was told they decided to backfill one of the positions internally but I was still being considered for the other position. I was then told the other position was put on hold due to budget issues (a bad sign, as do you really think you'll get a good competitive offer if there are budget issues with a position?). I then followed up again and was told the position was on hold for 3 months until a different employee was leaving to free up room in the budget. Then after following up again was told the position was canceled but I would still be kept on file for other positions. It was very clear that HR was very disorganized and unprofessional though some of this surely fell on the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked if you like cycling and to describe your passions. Since it was several rounds of 2 person interviews back to back to back, each group focused their questions on a different skill or trait. But it was clear that you needed to like cycling to work here. based on the questions.   Answer Question

Position Whitheld Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRAM (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

two interviews over the phone, very straightforward. Then Skype interview with HR & a future colleague, pretty easy. I was then asked to fly to Chicago... I had to purchase the airplane ticket myself, informed that I could reimburse the purchase. Sram made hotel arrangements, nice hotel. When I checked out to go to the interview, I was informed that I had to pay the hotel bill with my credit card, regardless of SRAM making the booking. So by time I arrived at the interview I was already out of pocket by over $1000. Sorry this is wrong. I had my interviews, fairly straightforward and easy. Last interview was HR. Since nobody cared that I had to pay my bills I bombed HR on purpose. Put in my expenses the next day, they took 2 weeks to pay them, again this is wrong, do not assume that your candidate has free money.

Interview Questions

• Show examples of experience in the area that I was to perform   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRAM in February 2015.

Interview

It took forever! Interview then a few weeks later a personality test and emails stating that I would hear from someone soon, but nothing unless I asked who the process was going. The communications were always pleasant, but their response time was incredibly long. They left me hanging between notifications for so long that I felt like I had faltered, but the communications were always so positive that I was just left confused.

Interview Questions

• The questions focused on some technical knowledge and proficiency in handling client issues (i.e. "How do you handle a customer that is insistent on poor product performance?" type questions).   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRAM (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

First I received a email. Then set up a web cam interview. It was easy and basic. Next was a on site interview. Meet with 4 groups of people. All pretty straight forward.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRAM.

Interview

The interview is a day long process where you meet a lot of people which leads to some repeat questions. They do a standard topgrading interview with different folks asking different questions (cultural fit, technical skills, work history, etc).

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRAM (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple, and I was hired on the spot. I was referred by a staffing agency, and met with the Quality Manager. We talked about my past experience, he told me about what the company was looking for, and he offered me a job.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spearfish, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRAM (Spearfish, SD) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the General Manager and Production Manager. The interview was pretty standard, they mostly wanted to know what I was looking for in an internship and if I would mind working in production for parts of the internship. I received a formal job offer one month after my first interview.

LPD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taichung (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SRAM (Taichung (Taiwan)) in August 2011.

Interview

my 1st formal job. ask some engineering questions, bike knowledge. introducing yourself in English. asked do you really want this job?