SRC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.7

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

2 1/2 hour 4 separate interview. HR was courteous and informative. The other 4 personnel were fine but the key person that I needed to be interviewed by wasn't available as per HR and every other interviewer informed me.

Systems Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC in October 2017.

Interview

I spoke to one of their hiring managers on the phone. The interview lasted about a half an hour. He started off explaining what the company specializes in, what their goals are, etc. Then he asked me a few questions about myself, and a few technical questions to finish. The overall interview was good. The representative made me feel comfortable while answering questions. Though they presented me with a great offer, I had to decline due to distance reasons.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (Syracuse, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and then applied through their company website. They contacted me after 10 days and skipped the phone interview and just asked me to come in later that week, but it was delayed another week due to their fiscal year end. Regardless, it was about average speed overall. I did have to fill out an old-school application (PDF & email) right before the interview which was very redundant.

I met with 5 people starting with HR. It was a bit odd they pitched me all the employee benefits right off. They're almost too good to be true. Then I met with site director, hiring manager, and a couple other related people. Everyone seemed pretty smart and invested in the interview process. The conversation was actually "fun" with a couple of them.

Something seemed a bit off there, but I would've liked to explore the next step.
     Unfortunately, I had another job offer and couldn't wait.

Interview Questions

• Some "tell me about a time when..." questions and also some thoughtful questions that showed they reviewed my resume beforehand.   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward interview, then comes a tasting and offer letter. Overall the experience was great and the interview is very honest. If ou are relaxed then the interview will be fine.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter from SRC in response to a resume submitted online. We had a pleasant conversation about my background and the recruiter had much to say about SRC and how it was a great place to work. He said he would forward my resume to the hiring manager but I haven't heard back from them.

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview where they just reviewed and questioned my resumeStarted with a phone interview where they just reviewed and questioned my resumeStarted with a phone interview where they just reviewed and questioned my resumeStarted with a phone interview where they just reviewed and questioned my resume

Interview Questions

• name a time you were working with a tough team?   1 Answer

Facility Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRC (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Had the first Interview via phone with the recruiter about 4 days after I applied for the position online. About a month later I had a conference interview with both Facility Director and Manager. Both interviews were very productive with plenty of challenging questions, just do your best. You need to know at least the basics and are able to elaborate on your experience with facility management, operations and maintenance. For an entry level position searching for new graduates the expectation is not to know everything but to expand on your ability to work in an environment with the motto "by any means necessary".

Interview Questions

• What is facility experience have you had? How long was your internship? What role did you play, and the level of involvement?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me for a phone interview call a couple of weeks later. One interview on the phone and a week later was offered an internship position.

Electronic Warfare Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I was contacted shortly after via e-mail for an onsite interview. There I interviewed with 5 people, the security manager, 3 engineering managers and the HR representative. The interviews lasted for a total of about 3 and a half hours. Everyone was extremely nice. The part with the security manager is to ensure you can get a clearance, the engineering managers were more technical interviews and the part with the HR representative was mostly just explaining benefits.

Electronic Warfare Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRC in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR about a week or so later. Scheduled a phone interview about a week after that. Phone interview had 3 parts: 1) Quick talk with security person, I already have a clearance so she just asked for my info so she could look me up and verify it 2) Technical interview with 3 hiring managers 3) Chat with HR about company, benefits, and any further questions. Phone interview took a little less than two hours. An offer was made to me approximately two weeks later.

All was well and I was very interested in the company and overall pleased with the offer. I tried to negotiate $5k more in salary and HR replied that it would be "very difficult to get that" so I responded citing two sources (LinkedIn and a government contractor wage survey, both local to San Antonio, not national averages) that there offer was $10k under the average for an EW Engineer in San Antonio. They interpreted this as me being unhappy with the offer and that I would be unwilling to stay with the company and they rescinded the offer three days after making it (and after I had already signed and accepted it with me explicitly stating that I was not unhappy with it, merely trying to negotiate and get the best offer possible).

They apparently have a problem with people using them to get a clearance then going somewhere else for better pay. In my opinion they need to reconsider their salary offers. Their offers are clearly not competitive and management is extremely paranoid about people being unhappy with the offer and not staying at the company.

I must give credit to their HR representative. He was very personable and easy to deal with and very understanding of my explanation but it was management's decision and they made up their mind. Reading other reviews here it seems management is clearly a problem at this company. Guess I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some of the projects I have worked on at my current job. The parts they were interested in are classified so there wasn't much I could tell them.   Answer Question