SRC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.6

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter from SRC in response to a resume submitted online. We had a pleasant conversation about my background and the recruiter had much to say about SRC and how it was a great place to work. He said he would forward my resume to the hiring manager but I haven't heard back from them.

Facility Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRC (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Had the first Interview via phone with the recruiter about 4 days after I applied for the position online. About a month later I had a conference interview with both Facility Director and Manager. Both interviews were very productive with plenty of challenging questions, just do your best. You need to know at least the basics and are able to elaborate on your experience with facility management, operations and maintenance. For an entry level position searching for new graduates the expectation is not to know everything but to expand on your ability to work in an environment with the motto "by any means necessary".

Interview Questions

• What is facility experience have you had? How long was your internship? What role did you play, and the level of involvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me for a phone interview call a couple of weeks later. One interview on the phone and a week later was offered an internship position.

Electronic Warfare Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I was contacted shortly after via e-mail for an onsite interview. There I interviewed with 5 people, the security manager, 3 engineering managers and the HR representative. The interviews lasted for a total of about 3 and a half hours. Everyone was extremely nice. The part with the security manager is to ensure you can get a clearance, the engineering managers were more technical interviews and the part with the HR representative was mostly just explaining benefits.

Electronic Warfare Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRC in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR about a week or so later. Scheduled a phone interview about a week after that. Phone interview had 3 parts: 1) Quick talk with security person, I already have a clearance so she just asked for my info so she could look me up and verify it 2) Technical interview with 3 hiring managers 3) Chat with HR about company, benefits, and any further questions. Phone interview took a little less than two hours. An offer was made to me approximately two weeks later.

All was well and I was very interested in the company and overall pleased with the offer. I tried to negotiate $5k more in salary and HR replied that it would be "very difficult to get that" so I responded citing two sources (LinkedIn and a government contractor wage survey, both local to San Antonio, not national averages) that there offer was $10k under the average for an EW Engineer in San Antonio. They interpreted this as me being unhappy with the offer and that I would be unwilling to stay with the company and they rescinded the offer three days after making it (and after I had already signed and accepted it with me explicitly stating that I was not unhappy with it, merely trying to negotiate and get the best offer possible).

They apparently have a problem with people using them to get a clearance then going somewhere else for better pay. In my opinion they need to reconsider their salary offers. Their offers are clearly not competitive and management is extremely paranoid about people being unhappy with the offer and not staying at the company.

I must give credit to their HR representative. He was very personable and easy to deal with and very understanding of my explanation but it was management's decision and they made up their mind. Reading other reviews here it seems management is clearly a problem at this company. Guess I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some of the projects I have worked on at my current job. The parts they were interested in are classified so there wasn't much I could tell them.   Answer Question

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRC in November 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was only 10 minutes. And no technical questions, only background check. And I was scheduled at 1pm. But she called me about 1 hour later. I don't know how they decided the interview, because the no question is about engineering.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by HR representative. It was the basic personality questions: "Tell us a time when...". 2:1 interview was more technical. Asked to explain basic concepts of electromagnetism.

Interview Questions

• What will allow a signal to go farther through atmosphere?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

They contacted me about a week after I submitted my application.
    The phone interview was mostly non-technical, just basic behavioral
    questions from HR, but they did ask me about the principles of signal
    modulation, radar equipment, and Fourier transforms.
    After the phone screen they called me the next day to schedule the
    in-person interview, and mentioned that it would take about 24 hours to
    clear the travel details.
    They never called back, and never responded to my emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a frequency modulation is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRC (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and contacted on the next day for screening questions. Then, followed up with a phone interview next week. The first screening questions are just the basic background questionnaire. The phone interview asked questions in details like internship details, courseworks, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the programming language that you are most competence in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRC.

Interview

Applied at college career fair and online and was contacted swiftly. Had the first phone interview set up a few days later. All interest questions about my programming experience and job history. Technical interview set for next week.