STA Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Very Quick
    Very laidback
    Company knows what they want
    Got a phone call from HR, came in for my 1 on 1 and had an offer letter by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Can’t emphasize enough how important it is to ask questions about the company when you go into the interview. When they ask “So, do you have any questions for me?” respond with something thoughtful that will prove your interest in the opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face, the interview was very casual and comfortable.
    Everyone involved was very friendly, and I was at ease immediately. I would recommend STA, as a potential career.

Interview Questions

• Where's your favorite travel destination   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Straight Forward. Applied Online, and received the call asking for me to come in for a interview shortly there after. Perfect situation for a first job. Great company to learn quality of work.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Applied for position in person (turning in resume)
    Got a call for an interview
    Interview- job offer on the spot

Travel Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by 20 minute in person interview with supervisor and manager. Very laid back. Spent most of interview talking about personal travel experience. Rest of interview was focused on general customer service experience.

Group Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STA Travel (Chandler, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

I came very overdressed. it was more like a conversation. Most people dress very comfortably. call center vibe. The staff was very friendly. They wanted me to feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• If you were giving travel advice what would it be?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STA Travel (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

I recieved a call from STA Travel, they interviewed me via phone and asked me a few questions:
    1. Why do you want to work for STA Travel?
    2. What do you know about STA Travel?
    3. What skills can you offer into organisation?
    4. From 1 to 10, how well do you know Europe? (Whatever number you say, for example: 8, they will ask you if you can to tell them 8 things you know about Europe) Answer wisely and be honest.
    5. How many countries have you travelled and where?
    6. Do you have experience in sales and how many years?
    7. Would you be able to tell us a time that you had a stressful experience working in sales? and tell me how you handled stress.
    8. How did you handle angry customers?
    9. In your previous sales experience, how did you provide your best customer service?
    10. How did you make a sale?

Tip: When you apply, please make sure that you know the company well. Nowadays, they will just put you on the spot and you haven't had the time to prepare yourself and provide the best answer.

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10, how well do you know Europe? (Whatever number you say, for example: 8, they will ask you if you can to tell them 8 things you know about Europe) be honest!   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at STA Travel (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

very basic - had coffee in the food court of a shopping centre with the regional manager. she called me as i had applied a few months earlier and had failed the online process at the 2nd stage, said they would keep my cv on file - i guess they actually did !

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very casual over the phone - asked about experience and why you think you would be good for the role. Focused on experience with people and ability to interact. Submitted a CV through email and heard back about a week and a bit later asking for an interview. Was caught off guard by the interview but managed to get through and get role as student ambassador.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied for job via website, got a call within a few days asking if I was free for an interview. Went for a 1 on 1 interview with a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) where I was asked stock standard interview questions with some travel stuff thrown in. High emphasis on sales experience and ability and the desire to hit and exceed sales goals.

A week later was called and notified that I'd been successful, then attended a three day in-store training experience learning the basics of the industry and meeting the people I'd be working with. Then two weeks of training at the head office in Melbourne, met some other staff, drank some free beer, all in all a very good experience.

After training, you end up back in store on a provisional basis for three months at which time you should be able to do the vast majority of tasks involved in the job unsupervised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, the salary is what it is and any form of negotiation will bet met with a standard company line that 'you have unlimited potential for earning with your commission'