STA Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STA Travel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Travel Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by 20 minute in person interview with supervisor and manager. Very laid back. Spent most of interview talking about personal travel experience. Rest of interview was focused on general customer service experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face, the interview was very casual and comfortable.
    Everyone involved was very friendly, and I was at ease immediately. I would recommend STA, as a potential career.

Interview Questions

• Where's your favorite travel destination   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Very Quick
    Very laidback
    Company knows what they want
    Got a phone call from HR, came in for my 1 on 1 and had an offer letter by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Can’t emphasize enough how important it is to ask questions about the company when you go into the interview. When they ask “So, do you have any questions for me?” respond with something thoughtful that will prove your interest in the opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Straight Forward. Applied Online, and received the call asking for me to come in for a interview shortly there after. Perfect situation for a first job. Great company to learn quality of work.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Applied for position in person (turning in resume)
    Got a call for an interview
    Interview- job offer on the spot

Operations Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

One of the easiest interviews I have experienced. It was a formal 1:1, with an additional person joining the interview after some basic introduction questions. I took around 30 minutes - relaxed atmosphere. Questions mainly about past travel / customer service experience, asking multiple examples, so be prepared to have a few equally good answers and examples.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company. What do you understand by great customer service, please provide examples. What should we hire you.   Answer Question

Travel Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

After applying online, couples of days later, I got a phone interview and the manager asked a few questions.
    Very relaxed and comfortable talk, more like chatting with someone meet at the first time.
    They will ask a lot about your work experiences, travel experiences as well.
    Don't need to be nervous, but do think about why do you want this job.

Interview Questions

• 1.Can you introduce yourself a little bit?
      2.How was your last job and why you quit?
      3.Did you know STA before? And what did you know?
      4.Why do you want to be a travel expert?
      5.What is your plan for next 3 years?
      6.Do you have some questions for us?
      1 Answer

Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STA Travel (Durham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Standard questions, CV review, fit questions, assistant manager and store manager interview, upstairs in staff room, relaxed dress-jeans and T shirt. Mainly assessing likeability.
    INCLUDES EXAMPLE SALES SITUATION asked to role play sell a tour to the manager and assistant on a country I had no experience of after reading for 5 minutes the description.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about you   1 Answer
    • Which of our core values do you feel you would embody best   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your travelling   1 Answer

Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Group exercises, individual exercise, personal interview

Individual exercise included working out commissions with a calculator. Group exercise involved discussing as a group which items you would choose from a list to take with you when leaving a desert island, another exercise was selling one of STA's tour packages to the rest of your group

Interview Questions

• Where have you travelled? Have you been into one of our stores? Have you used STA before? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Apprentice Travel Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STA Travel (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked to complete a video interview and then invited in store for a group interview.
    The first stage of the process involved the group being taken to the back of the store and completing an exercise of replying to customer emails to assess how we would interact and reply to customers.
    One by one we were taken to have an interview with a member of staff and asked the basic questions and whether we had any holidays booked.
    We then had to complete a geography test (labelling the continents).
    We then were asked to complete the dessert island exercise.
    Overall, a very relaxed, easy experience.