STEMCELL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STEMCELL Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at STEMCELL Technologies

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

First was a 30 minute phone interview with Team Lead. Then about a week later a 1 hr Skype interview with the Managers, and eventual face to face interview with higher-ups.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Twenty minute screening interview with recruiter followed by 1 hour phone interview with manager. Was told to expect a response in a day or two but they ghosted me instead.

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies (Tukwila, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I found this job on indeed.com which directed me to the stemcell home address to apply, I was contacted via email for a interview/address and contact personnel, interviewed with job details and contacted later with hiring decision in the interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to commute to the temporary location in Tukwila and be able to change to the new location in Fife?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies.

Interview

1 Screener, 2 one hour skype interviews, 1 meeting with the manager over lunch. Decided not to give me the position due to lack of experience and the competitiveness of the territory to which I applied.

Interview Questions

• A lot of product questions.
      How to handle difficult customers and difficult situations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter which went well, and was then 2 weeks later invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview initially went well until one of the interviewers asked me a question on multithreading.

He gave a situation of 4 threads (no specific code), one with lower priority than the others, and simply asked the question, word for word, "what happens to the thread with low priority?" with no other details. I had no idea what he meant by "what happens" and very courteously asked him to clarify. He then drew 4 bars on the whiteboard each representing a single thread (with the lower priority thread being a shorter bar) and simply restated the question "so what happens to this low priority thread?". I can assure you that I've not left out any key information here, this was literally the question posed.
    My first impression was that he might be asking what happens with regard to which threads get run on the CPU, but this is determined entirely by the OS scheduler and the architecture of the CPU, which he never specified. I tried to give some examples of what could happen, for example the low priority thread could get starved, or it might get switched out more, or it might run fine if there are enough cores, but I never got any vibes that I was on the right track. I then once again stated that I didn't understand exactly what he was asking of me and he said "that's okay, no problem" and just left it there. I had tried to extract more information from him about the problem, but he wasn't working with me and simply just restated the original question. Extremely poor interviewer in my opinion, you don't find quality engineers by asking vague nonsensical questions and then being tight lipped on the details. This led me to feel that maybe I was being thrown under a bus, or maybe he didn't truly understand his own question. Either way, this made for an extremely negative experience. I got a rejection email the next day.

The position also demanded 5+ years of experience, but the recruiter on the phone outright told me the salary was in the low $70k range, which is *very* below average for this city even for a new graduate. They justified this by saying "that's just what we pay our other staff". Avoid.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was very frustrating because the recruiter did not know anything about the software job requirements. I had little confidence that the recruiter understood any the requirements for the position itself or how anything on the applicants resume/cover letter related to the position. Maybe a good place for scientist but I have doubts how serious the company values their software and engineering department.

Might be trendy to show up to social parties late, but if the applicant is working; maybe it would be advisable to call on time. Advise to management would be to bring on a technical recruiter and offer this recruiter some night school HR courses to work on some tact and professionalism.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very informative and extensive interviews with many opportunities to meet with various department heads and supervisors. Questions were based on understanding a candidates skills, background, education, and personal achievements. Personality and passion were emphasised to be of importance.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the role of an Analytical Chemist in the operations of this company?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies.

Interview

7 interviews including phone interview, meeting with mangers, directors, VPs and sales team. They were very friendly and informative. They asked about my background, education, career goals, etc. Some of the interviews with with 2 people and took more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• career goals, dealing with conflict, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

From all reviews indicated, it is a 3 step process.
    I started with a phone interview, followed up with a meeting and finalized with confirmation of job offer.

Interview Questions

• Interesting one, they asked what are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at STEMCELL Technologies in April 2012.

Interview

All the multiple interview process were very interesting, stress free and all the interviewers I interacted with were very respectful, encouraging and made the interview a very pleasing interaction. There was a Phone interview with 2 people which lasted for 1 hour. The main part of the phone interview was to describe how you would sell one of the cell/tissue culture media. I did read and memorize all the details for the cell culture media I had chosen. After clearing the phone interview I was invited for a face to face interview with two people who were holding higher management ranks in the company. After clearing the second round I was invited for the third round with another person higher in rank to the previous interviewers. After clearing the third round I was invited to meet the President & CEO of the company. Finally after this round I was offered the position.

My advice to people who are considering applying to STEMCELL Technologies to give a lot of attention to STEMCELL website and be well aware of the products offered by the company. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Give a brief introduction of your personality?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you can excel in the role of an " Inside Sales Representative" role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a very nice compensation and I was very satisfied with it!!!