KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 245 of over 290 reviews

4.1
STEMCELL Technologies Chief Executive Officer and President  Allen C. Eaves
Allen C. Eaves
Pros
  • "Great colleagues and work life balance(in 28 reviews)

• "company culture and work environment(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay to compared to the market(in 11 reviews)

• "salary is low in comparison to the high cost of living in Vancouver(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of STEMCELL Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Company to Work For!

Apr 5, 2019 - Scientific Sales Representative, Cell Culture Products in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful Company Culture! Bi-annual retreats with time for fun activities if targets are hit/surpassed. Real sense of teamwork and camaraderie. Very supportive management. Great opportunities for advancement. They treat their employees very well! They truly care about you and your professional development!

Cons

N/A - I really miss working there. :(

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

na/na

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Receiver in Kent, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros to this company are the benefits.

Cons

The cons to this company are the management and lack of communication. US facility does not have an HR.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad upper management and incredibly inept HR

Jul 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're lucky and work in a good department like Sales, you'll form meaningful relationships that tide over. The R&D team is also pretty great.

Cons

The HR department is completely inept and unresponsive. DO NOT consider joining if you're international and want to work in the US, they have NO CLUE!! The compensation is also well below market rate. Although the company claims an 'innovative and supportive' work environment, besides departments like Sales and R&D, there is a very 'clicky and hierarchical' structure in place.

6 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Scientific sales representative

May 8, 2020 - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and team. Really cares about personal growth.

Cons

Not applicable - great company

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Mar 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly enviornment, fast growing company

Cons

lunch room was too small

6. 5.0

Fantastic company!

Jun 16, 2017 - Scientific Sales Representative in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I transitioned from 7+ year career in laboratory science into sales with STEMCELL. This company operates like no other biotech I've seen - they are extremely selective in their hiring and treat employees very well. I have found policies to generally be extremely reasonable, and despite being a relatively large, distributed organization, communication is excellent and everyone treats each other with respect. I haven't experienced any micro-management at all so far; I have the freedom to do my job and don't have to waste my time with workplace politics. For the first time, I feel like management actually cares about what I think - that's a great feeling! Is it because the company is Canadian? I'm not sure... but I'm sticking with STEMCELL for the foreseeable future.

Cons

None so far - this is a happy place to work!

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lucky to be a part of STEMCELL

Jul 3, 2017 - Scientific Inside Sales in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have always felt supported in my role and cared for as an employee. While maintaining a great work-life balance, I was also able to take on additional leadership opportunities, and as a result have grown tremendously as an individual and professional. Having worked in companies where management failed to foster a sense of community and teamwork, I can confidently say that the culture at STEMCELL will be the driving force behind its future growth, a secret sauce to success that can not be replicated elsewhere.

Cons

Growing pains of a successful company. There are areas where there is no existing system in place. Sometimes, it requires you to be adaptable and take on more initiatives.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

After 9 month of working at Stemcell Technologies

Jul 2, 2016 - Field Technical Sales Specialist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

All opinions expressed here has been my personal experience and may or may not reflect the experience of others. Personally, I love my job! 10 months after graduating with my PhD and being unable to find a job I was contacted by Stemcell Technologies recruiter for the interview. After 5 rounds of the interviews I was offered the position. I have been working here for 9 month now, and here is what i love most: 1. Company culture: This company is very keen to find and hire people who are independent leaders and team players at the same time. When I started everyone was very supportive, offered advice and training. Company invests into bringing the team together to interact and share knowledge. I have rarely seen this level of collaboration between co-workers in academia. 2. Stemcell invests in thorough training of its employees: whether you are a new-hire, or a seasoned employee, if there is anything you want to learn, they will find a way to give you the training you need to be successful. 3. Stemcell promotes good work-life balance: most people I know in the company (me included) have hobbies and interests outside of work. The company give generous PTO for the employees to take their mind off work. 4. High quality of the manufactured products: I have never worked in sales before this position, but the product performance are so high , they basically sell itself. 5. Traveling: to me it's a pro's because i like to be in different places, keeps the life interesting, and work challenging. 6. Mentoring program: in my department the more experienced employees mentor the newer arrivals. You are being matched with a mentor after 3 months of the probation period, and it is another way that helps you develop.

Cons

There aren't any really, at least for me right now. One thing is clear that after working here I will not get back into academic research, because it would be a major downgrade

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Manufacturing Technician

May 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Co-workers are really nice and the group seems to have a lot of chemistry - Only 2 possible shifts, M-F (no weekends or night shifts!)

Cons

- Upper management relies on heavily on employees to know their stuff because management doesn't always know the details of projects

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome biotech company to work for!

Jun 12, 2017 - Scientific Field Sales in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company culture, great flexibility, company on great growth trajectory, excellent leadership and mentorship from everyone

Cons

Nothing worth listing so far

2 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Reviews

STEMCELL Technologies Reviews FAQs

85% of STEMCELL Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated STEMCELL Technologies 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at STEMCELL Technologies to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with STEMCELL Technologies Job Seekers