STEMCELL Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

STEMCELL Technologies Chief Executive Officer and President Allen C. Eaves
Allen C. Eaves

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Salaries do not match the cost of living" (in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay, small increase once a year can be very depressing" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An awesome place to work!"

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for STEMCELL. This company has a ton of integrity, and truly cares about helping scientists. With fast growth there is always lots to do, and I always feel I'm making a meaningful contribution.

Cons

In rapid growth companies there is always lots to do, it can be hard to fit it all into an 8 hour day.

Advice to Management

With such quick growth and so much to do, encouraging work life balance is an important an area of focus.

"Great Dynamic Company to work for!"

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

Very forward thinking and innovative in the industry. Great resources available and great transparency throughout the company

Cons

Pay is a little less than the average role however the company culture is fantastic.

3. "Amazing company with some growing pains"

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a rewarding place to work in the sense that the company is committed to furthering scientific discovery and is dedicated to innovation.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is still implementing the systems they need, specific to performance review and management hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward your young talent. The most innovative people may not look like the cookie cutter stereotype that are so often hired at STEMCELL.

"Manufacturing Technician"

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

- Co-workers are really nice and the group seems to have a lot of chemistry
    - Only 2 possible shifts, M-F (no weekends or night shifts!)

Cons

- Upper management relies on heavily on employees to know their stuff because management doesn't always know the details of projects

"RnD"

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

Good work social life balance. Investing in RnD to improve technology

Cons

Pay is slightly below market value because the company is extremely executive level top heavy with middle to lower level employees not getting deserved pay raises.

"Lucky to be a part of STEMCELL"

Current Employee - Scientific Inside Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Scientific Inside Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have always felt supported in my role and cared for as an employee. While maintaining a great work-life balance, I was also able to take on additional leadership opportunities, and as a result have grown tremendously as an individual and professional.

Having worked in companies where management failed to foster a sense of community and teamwork, I can confidently say that the culture at STEMCELL will be the driving force behind its future growth, a secret sauce to success that can not be replicated elsewhere.

Cons

Growing pains of a successful company. There are areas where there is no existing system in place. Sometimes, it requires you to be adaptable and take on more initiatives.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire for resilient, conscientious, and ambitious talents, and train them to become high-performers and team-players that will drive the company forward.

"Awesome biotech company to work for!"

Current Employee - Scientific Field Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Scientific Field Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company culture, great flexibility, company on great growth trajectory, excellent leadership and mentorship from everyone

Cons

Nothing worth listing so far

Advice to Management

Definitely appreciate the focus on hiring people who fit well into the company culture at STEMCELL

"Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Scientific Sales Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Scientific Sales Representative in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I transitioned from 7+ year career in laboratory science into sales with STEMCELL. This company operates like no other biotech I've seen - they are extremely selective in their hiring and treat employees very well. I have found policies to generally be extremely reasonable, and despite being a relatively large, distributed organization, communication is excellent and everyone treats each other with respect. I haven't experienced any micro-management at all so far; I have the freedom to do my job and don't have to waste my time with workplace politics. For the first time, I feel like management actually cares about what I think - that's a great feeling! Is it because the company is Canadian? I'm not sure... but I'm sticking with STEMCELL for the foreseeable future.

Cons

None so far - this is a happy place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - and keep the company private!

"After 9 month of working at Stemcell Technologies"

Current Employee - Field Technical Sales Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Technical Sales Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

All opinions expressed here has been my personal experience and may or may not reflect the experience of others. Personally, I love my job! 10 months after graduating with my PhD and being unable to find a job I was contacted by Stemcell Technologies recruiter for the interview. After 5 rounds of the interviews I was offered the position. I have been working here for 9 month now, and here is what i love most:
    1. Company culture: This company is very keen to find and hire people who are independent leaders and team players at the same time. When I started everyone was very supportive, offered advice and training. Company invests into bringing the team together to interact and share knowledge. I have rarely seen this level of collaboration between co-workers in academia.
    2. Stemcell invests in thorough training of its employees: whether you are a new-hire, or a seasoned employee, if there is anything you want to learn, they will find a way to give you the training you need to be successful.
    3. Stemcell promotes good work-life balance: most people I know in the company (me included) have hobbies and interests outside of work. The company give generous PTO for the employees to take their mind off work.
    4. High quality of the manufactured products: I have never worked in sales before this position, but the product performance are so high , they basically sell itself.
    5. Traveling: to me it's a pro's because i like to be in different places, keeps the life interesting, and work challenging.
    6. Mentoring program: in my department the more experienced employees mentor the newer arrivals. You are being matched with a mentor after 3 months of the probation period, and it is another way that helps you develop.

Cons

There aren't any really, at least for me right now. One thing is clear that after working here I will not get back into academic research, because it would be a major downgrade

Advice to Management

Keep nourishing the talent and potential of your teams, and fostering the collaborative culture and ongoing teamwork among all Stemcell employees.

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

Interesting work, very nice people and lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Things can change quickly as the company is growing fast.