STERIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STERIS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STERIS in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview was quick and easy. Overall great experience considering I've never had a phone interview. Interview made me feel at ease like I knew the person already. I did good.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STERIS (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

i was contacted by a corporate recruiter supposedly representing steris. all i can say is, that the recruiter obviously did not want to interview qualified candidates and make a commission as we were never able to connect. since i was unable to interview during business hours, i was given the excuse by the recruiter that "... they would be unable to interview during those hours during the week and on the weekend they would be on vacation..."
    really?
    those so called difficult hours were after 5 pm, and your so called vacation was a lie.
    i want nothing to do with steris or tri-search recruiters ever again.
    completely wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• so when are you able to speak with me about the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STERIS.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first. The interview was about an hour long. I then had a Skype interview with a manager which was about an hour and a half. I then had a phone call interview with senior HR. I then had a face to face with two sales reps and an engineer over lunch. I then met with the person who is covering down on the position for some information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you forgot what a customer wanted and how did your I fix the problem?   Answer Question
    • How did you set yourself apart from your peers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where a customer didn't understand and how did you explain it better?   Answer Question

Surgical Instrument Repair Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STERIS.

Interview

Basic phone interview, due to the remote nature of the position. A few general questions about my skills and background, then transitioned into explaining the training process and locations for training. Unfortunately, the pay level wasn't as high as I had hoped, so it didn't really proceed further once the topic came up.

Interviewer was professional and friendly, seemed to genuinely care about finding the right people for the job, and had a good understanding what she was hiring for. I was recommended to keep an eye out for other opportunities and keep in contact if there were any other questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of background with doing work that requires high dexterity.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at STERIS (Hawthorne, NJ).

Interview

6 months long though several stages of phone interviews and finally a face to face. At the face to face meeting, at lunch time, in a restaurant, I arrived 15 minutes early to find the district manager finishing lunch with one of his supervisors. This set the tone for my employment in this district.

Interview Questions

• Do you recall any interviews questions asked if you 7 years ago?   1 Answer

QS/RC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STERIS (Northborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Multi step interview process. Two phone screens - first with a recruiter then with a member of the company's HR department. Then an in-person interview, which consisted of a group-panel. This was followed by another phone screen with a member of the company's corporate quality department. Lastly, another in-person interview with zone director. Once an offer was made, a background check, drug screen, and physical were required before starting.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STERIS (Mentor, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR as a preliminary screening process. She was very polite and it felt more like a conversation than reading from a list of questions. Although my skill set was not suited for this particular position, she was able to recommend other options that could be a better fit.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STERIS.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. Since I wasn't in Ohio, I did three phone interviews. Each last on hour. First one was with the HR, just went over my resume. There were a lot of behavior questions. Second and third are with department managers. They were really nice. We just talked about my skill set and what I wish to learn from the internship. It was a really chill process. And after 2 weeks of the interviews I got an offer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at STERIS.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. If selected, you will be invited to do an interview with the hiring manager and the supervisor. Fair interview for the job level. The interview team was polite. Questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a Customer you had to handle?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STERIS (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter suggested immediate availability at a location in Denver, CO. The telephone interview was scheduled for the next day. Interviewer conducted the phone interview, on speakerphone, and seemed distracted. Interviewer also seemed to be hesitant to discuss employment longevity and career advancement opportunities. Some information provided to the recruiter (for the applicant) was incorrect, and affected the tone of the interview when interviewee was looking for clarification on this information (facility capabilities, size of workforce at location, supervisory opportunity, working hours). Interviewer also seemed hesitant to answer pertinent questions about company policies/culture. Feedback was immediately available from the interviewer, but was different from the feedback reported to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• As a Supervisor, are you comfortable with hands-on work? To clarify, you will be performing troubleshooting and repair of equipment with 1-2 other people.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem with being on-call?   1 Answer