65% would recommend to a friend
(818 total reviews)
71% approve of CEO
Found 818 of over 941 reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
5 hours ago
How do you deal with a coworker with confusion that may be related to aging. The coworker tries to cover it up with management and say the right things. But when it gets down to performing the actual work, it is very obvious. When you try to gently redirect the coworker, she acts out and becomes very defensive. This coworker does not have direct patient contact.
6 hours ago
I’ve been job searching for almost a year now and still haven’t been able to find a new job. I have my bachelors degree in biology as well as 2 years of experience in sterile processing. I have lab experience in addition to pt aide as well. I would love the idea of utilizing my experience AND my degree in a new role as I currently am not doing so in sterile processing. The only problem is I am having trouble finding positions have don’t require years of experience that I don’t have. Any advice?
Got a burning question about STERIS? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with STERIS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were good and the moral was typically high" (in 85 reviews)
- "Pay and work enviroment is good" (in 47 reviews)
- "Great people and pretty good about working to live not living to work." (in 47 reviews)
- "good work life balance and well paid" (in 20 reviews)
- "STERIS has a great Culture and is a highly Customer focused company." (in 12 reviews)
- "Poor management and they Don’t train people properly and they are prejudice" (in 63 reviews)
- "Policies aren't ideal, ability to advance in the company is limited, and the upper management is disconnected (overly busy and stressed)." (in 14 reviews)
- "Clear favoritism with upper management officials." (in 12 reviews)
- "Some departments perform tasks last minute which burden other departments or have no communication at all." (in 11 reviews)
- "Hierarchy of mangememt is kind of a joke anyways, where you mught have a 'Supervisor' leading 10+ people and 'Manager' leading 1 or even 0 people." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of STERIS and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 29, 2023Field Service TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
I can truly say this company cares about its technicians. Safety and training are a priority and I actually mean that.
As a technician there is a lot of driving around but I truly don't think of that as too bad of a con honestly. Unfortunately there are a few times you may have an impatient or unkind interaction with account holders but thats a hazard all jobs have.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Laboratory Technician IICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBrooklyn Park, MN
Flexible start times, good benefits
Working in a production lab gets old real fast. Upper management doesn't really seem to care about employees, only satisfying customers and making a profit doing whatever they can to do so. Pay is not horrible but definitely not up to par with the amount of work you will put in.
- 5.0Aug 31, 2023Remote AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I enjoy my remote position at STERIS. The flexibility works well for my family. The engagement with my team mates via video conferencing is great. I feel like I really know my team even though I don't see them in person. * We have generous PTO plan, competitive benefits too. * I learned that we just started a PRIDE affinity group this year which is great and overdue. * I am challenged in my work and learn something new everyday. STERIS really lives up to our mission, vision and values. Which makes me proud to work here.
The 2023 Company bonus payout fell short this year but it was an off year. I'm looking forward to the 2024 bonus payout to get back on track with prior year payouts. It would be nice if you could cash out a few hours of PTO at the end of the year if you can't use up all of your time. We have a use it or lose it policy.
- 4.0Oct 12, 2023InstallerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Good base salary Position gets a 15% bonus for travel Lots of overtime Bonuses and commission Benefits are average Paid meals while overnight Company pays for all tools, ppe, work shoes, and shirts Company provided vehicle Lots of training including 2 week course in Mentor, OH some growth opportunities
Lots of travel, depending on teritory may be in a hotel 3-5 days a week Screening process takes a month and extremely detailed. If you have driving, criminal, or work history issues you will likely be denied LOTS of computer training.
- 4.0Nov 6, 2023Manufacturing EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMentor, OH
The culture of STERIS Endoscopy specifically is amazing. Hours are flexible, there is plenty of team camaraderie, and management is fair with expectations. Benefits are also great
The pay is very low throughout operations and it can take time to move up. There are also not enough resources in operations resulting in high workload on few people.
- 2.0Oct 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
They have a maternity leave.
The maternity leave is pitiful compared to today’s standards. TEN days fully-paid and 10 days partial pay. Following that you can take what is federally allowed under short term disability (partial pay) or use PTO (as if birth is a vacation).3
- 2.0Oct 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsEl Paso, TX
Average pay and the people on the floor are great to work with
people on the floor are friendly and welcoming
- 3.0Nov 7, 2023Laboratory TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBrooklyn Park, MN
The people that work there are friendly.
Difficult to work upwards. (Not much growth) Management is not the best.
- 1.0Oct 18, 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
It’s a paycheck. Market leader. Easy to sell due to lack of competition. (It helps that they acquire any one that competes against them). Antitrust?
Zero leadership from the top. No interest in fixing the systemic failures. Despite multiple divisions bringing up the issues related to product quality, processes, or culture, they do not care. They claim to care about the customers, but the inability to fulfill orders or support them after the purchase says otherwise.
STERIS Reviews FAQs
STERIS has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 941 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at STERIS to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
65% of STERIS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated STERIS 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.