Cover image for STERIS

Healthcare

649.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/medicine-2

Got a burning question about STERIS? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with STERIS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Benefits were good and the moral was typically high(in 85 reviews)
  • "Great people and pretty good about working to live not living to work.(in 47 reviews)
  • "good work life balance and well paid(in 20 reviews)
  • "STERIS has a great Culture and is a highly Customer focused company.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and they Don’t train people properly and they are prejudice(in 63 reviews)
  • "Policies aren't ideal, ability to advance in the company is limited, and the upper management is disconnected (overly busy and stressed).(in 14 reviews)
  • "Clear favoritism with upper management officials.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Some departments perform tasks last minute which burden other departments or have no communication at all.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Hierarchy of mangememt is kind of a joke anyways, where you mught have a 'Supervisor' leading 10+ people and 'Manager' leading 1 or even 0 people.(in 11 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of STERIS and is not affected by filters.

1. 5.0
      Oct 29, 2023
      Field Service Technician
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can truly say this company cares about its technicians. Safety and training are a priority and I actually mean that.

Cons

As a technician there is a lot of driving around but I truly don't think of that as too bad of a con honestly. Unfortunately there are a few times you may have an impatient or unkind interaction with account holders but thats a hazard all jobs have.

Nov 29, 2023
        Laboratory Technician II
        Brooklyn Park, MN
        Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible start times, good benefits

Cons

Working in a production lab gets old real fast. Upper management doesn't really seem to care about employees, only satisfying customers and making a profit doing whatever they can to do so. Pay is not horrible but definitely not up to par with the amount of work you will put in.

2. Join the STERIS team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 5.0
          Aug 31, 2023
          Remote Associate
          Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy my remote position at STERIS. The flexibility works well for my family. The engagement with my team mates via video conferencing is great. I feel like I really know my team even though I don't see them in person. * We have generous PTO plan, competitive benefits too. * I learned that we just started a PRIDE affinity group this year which is great and overdue. * I am challenged in my work and learn something new everyday. STERIS really lives up to our mission, vision and values. Which makes me proud to work here.

Cons

The 2023 Company bonus payout fell short this year but it was an off year. I'm looking forward to the 2024 bonus payout to get back on track with prior year payouts. It would be nice if you could cash out a few hours of PTO at the end of the year if you can't use up all of your time. We have a use it or lose it policy.

1. 4.0
            Oct 12, 2023
            Installer
            Business Outlook

Pros

Good base salary Position gets a 15% bonus for travel Lots of overtime Bonuses and commission Benefits are average Paid meals while overnight Company pays for all tools, ppe, work shoes, and shirts Company provided vehicle Lots of training including 2 week course in Mentor, OH some growth opportunities

Cons

Lots of travel, depending on teritory may be in a hotel 3-5 days a week Screening process takes a month and extremely detailed. If you have driving, criminal, or work history issues you will likely be denied LOTS of computer training.

1. 4.0
              Nov 6, 2023
              Manufacturing Engineer
              Mentor, OH
              Business Outlook

Pros

The culture of STERIS Endoscopy specifically is amazing. Hours are flexible, there is plenty of team camaraderie, and management is fair with expectations. Benefits are also great

Cons

The pay is very low throughout operations and it can take time to move up. There are also not enough resources in operations resulting in high workload on few people.

1. 2.0
                Oct 6, 2023
                Business Outlook

Pros

They have a maternity leave.

Cons

The maternity leave is pitiful compared to today’s standards. TEN days fully-paid and 10 days partial pay. Following that you can take what is federally allowed under short term disability (partial pay) or use PTO (as if birth is a vacation).

1. 2.0
                  Oct 22, 2023
                  Former Employee, more than 10 years
                  El Paso, TX
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Average pay and the people on the floor are great to work with

Cons

people on the floor are friendly and welcoming

Nov 7, 2023
                    Laboratory Technician
                    Former Employee, more than 1 year
                    Brooklyn Park, MN
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work there are friendly.

Cons

Difficult to work upwards. (Not much growth) Management is not the best.

Nov 14, 2023
                      Forklift Operator
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job great hours to work

Cons

Have to switch shifts at time

1. 1.0
                        Oct 18, 2023
                        Sales
                        Current Employee, more than 8 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a paycheck. Market leader. Easy to sell due to lack of competition. (It helps that they acquire any one that competes against them). Antitrust?

Cons

Zero leadership from the top. No interest in fixing the systemic failures. Despite multiple divisions bringing up the issues related to product quality, processes, or culture, they do not care. They claim to care about the customers, but the inability to fulfill orders or support them after the purchase says otherwise.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 818 Reviews
                      </>Embed

STERIS Reviews FAQs

STERIS has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 941 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at STERIS to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, STERIS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at STERIS. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

65% of STERIS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated STERIS 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at STERIS to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with STERIS Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Customer Service

can you give me some tips on how to successfully pass an interview for a customer service job as a 17 years old?

0 Comments

HR Generalist

If asked what type of management style to you prefer? How do you feel about micromanagement? How do you answer this professionally? Nobody likes micromanagement so why ask? Maybe bc the manager there does?

2 Comments

Morgan Stanley

In an interview is it a good practice to draw examples for answering situational questions from the most recent and relevant experience or should I draw examples from other previous experiences as well?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 941 STERIS reviews submitted anonymously by STERIS employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if STERIS is right for you.