STV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STV Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.4

Proposal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STV.

Interview

Don't bother interviewing - arrogant and dishonest sums it up. After several interviews I declined to proceed. I wasn't interested in anything they had to offer after being told I "need" to apply for a lower role than the one I was contacted by HR for to interview for.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate? What do you think you still need to learn about proposals? Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted online application, and it took about a week to get a call from the hiring manager. And my interview was scheduled two weeks after that, and I got an offer the next day after the interview.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STV (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is quick, the boss just introduce what are they working on. What the office look like. What skills do they need. We went through my portfolio. I show my interest and will work hard if I got the job and boss told me there are two more candidates let me wait for the decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you like? Design? Construction details?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I knew someone so I emailed them and they helped me with the processes. Not a strict internship program so the process was not that rigorous, they just want to see if you could fit in with the team. People were friendly and helpful and want to see if you have an interest in what you are interning for. Some people I talked to did not get the exact group that they wanted but it worked out.

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started out fine. Interviewed with the recruiter, then met with the Managing Editor and another Marketing Editor who gave a very professional interview that made me very interested in working for the company - they were fantastic. Then met with the National Director who asked very odd questions that did not pertain to anything. Took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions included asking me to choose 3 words to describe myself and to rate my abilities on a scale of 1-10 (cause people say anything less than 10?). Wouldn't have been shocked if I was asked to pick which color best represents me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was presented with an offer that the National Director had cut by almost $10,000 below the number I had already agreed to during the original negotiation. I have since learned that agreeing to a number and then low-balling at the end happens a lot there.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Asked about work experience. Interviewer was very friendly and polite and offered to answer any questions that I had. They told me that the company was a great place to work with some flexibility in hours.

Highway Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STV in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back.

1. Introduced to a manager through a student organization.
    2. Scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager.
        -Phone interview was personality based. He was just looking to learn a little bit about me and confirm that I was interested in the position. At the end of the phone interview he asked when I could complete an in office interview.
    3. The in office interview was very comfortable. I first met with the hiring manager, who then introduced me to several project engineers. They were all very friendly and made time to speak to me about their experience with STV.
    4. I accepted the position shortly after the in office interview.

Note: Interviews may vary from office to office.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your college experience?
      2. Why are you interested in highway design?
      3. What are your career goals?
      4. Do you plan to take the FE?
      5. Can you see yourself living in this area?
      Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STV (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was great. I found the STV management team and HR team to be responsive, transparent, and positive. I had a phone interview and an in-person interview. The team was flexible and knowledgeable. I was also impressed that my interviewer (now boss) asked very thought provoking questions about what I really wanted out of the position and long-term career goals. Any follow-up questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. This was a very positive overall experience.

Interview Questions

• I cant recall a specific question, but I remember that the interviewers asked challenging questions regarding the reason behind my looking for other employment and leaving current company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very positive. I negotiated directly with my boss. It was not uncomfortable to negotiate at all.

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I had one group interview with three managers. They gave me a proofreading test first and then spoke to me for about 20 minutes. They asked me to describe my previous work experience in detail. None of them seem very prepared for the interview process. They did not explain the day to day responsibilities of the job very well.

Bridge Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STV (West Trenton, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Short phone call and short one on one interview. Executive doing interview knew my experience and qualifications. Interview was to verify these and understand my qualifications. Process was very easy.