STV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STV Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2018

2.4

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STV.

Interview

Multiple Interviews, detailed questions about previous experience and technical knowledge.
    Manager informed what was required from me and What new projects are expected. Had phone interview then a 1:1 interview and a phone interview again.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at STV (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter. Recruiter and staff at local office weren’t exactly on the same page. VP and PM had contacted people at my previous company prior to speaking with me - specific industry I am in is a small world, so to speak. Interview was with VP and PM. Went through my resume thoroughly looking for BS. Explained previous projects, roles, and my relationships with executives (they knew most of my previous colleagues, even though I was in a city 350 Miles away...

I was offered another job with a different organization the next day, and passed that along to the recruiter. I gave them 24 hours to make a competing offer. The next day I called back, he asked for more time, but I declined. The other company had given me a deadline to accept and I couldn’t take a risk of not having a job - I have kids!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STV (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They hired me even though I expressed no interest in the job. Turns out someone cashed in on $7k referral bonus. Didn't intend on keeping me though they lied about seeking long term employees. Now I'm out looking for another job after giving up a promising career. They go through ppl like toilet paper cash in then on to the next sucker to ruin.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Proposal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STV.

Interview

Don't bother interviewing - arrogant and dishonest sums it up. After several interviews I declined to proceed. I wasn't interested in anything they had to offer after being told I "need" to apply for a lower role than the one I was contacted by HR for to interview for.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate? What do you think you still need to learn about proposals? Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted online application, and it took about a week to get a call from the hiring manager. And my interview was scheduled two weeks after that, and I got an offer the next day after the interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call about a week after applying online. Went for a 2 hour interview process. Met with several members of the team. Received a call back the following week with an offer.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STV (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is quick, the boss just introduce what are they working on. What the office look like. What skills do they need. We went through my portfolio. I show my interest and will work hard if I got the job and boss told me there are two more candidates let me wait for the decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you like? Design? Construction details?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I knew someone so I emailed them and they helped me with the processes. Not a strict internship program so the process was not that rigorous, they just want to see if you could fit in with the team. People were friendly and helpful and want to see if you have an interest in what you are interning for. Some people I talked to did not get the exact group that they wanted but it worked out.

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started out fine. Interviewed with the recruiter, then met with the Managing Editor and another Marketing Editor who gave a very professional interview that made me very interested in working for the company - they were fantastic. Then met with the National Director who asked very odd questions that did not pertain to anything. Took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions included asking me to choose 3 words to describe myself and to rate my abilities on a scale of 1-10 (cause people say anything less than 10?). Wouldn't have been shocked if I was asked to pick which color best represents me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was presented with an offer that the National Director had cut by almost $10,000 below the number I had already agreed to during the original negotiation. I have since learned that agreeing to a number and then low-balling at the end happens a lot there.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STV (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Asked about work experience. Interviewer was very friendly and polite and offered to answer any questions that I had. They told me that the company was a great place to work with some flexibility in hours.