SUSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUSE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.7

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First one went well. Interviewer suggested a department/program I would be managing (somewhat different that the job description). Said I would be contacted by his manager for a second phone interview. Second interview was terrible. From first question, the interviewer questioned my answers. Either too detailed, and then not detailed enough. Finally asked about the program and what I knew. Started talking about the one the first interviewer talked about, but that was wrong. Interviewer told me I should have studied about the program more.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at SUSE (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was recruited. It was a simple process, clear communication and follow up. I had about 5 interviews, two with peers and 3 with the management team. There wasn't a whole lot of negotiating the salary, but they do pay well if you can make your number. The HR and management team were great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about competition... strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

SUSE Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istambul (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE (Istambul (Indonesia)).

Interview

The interview process was too short, too simple, I thought I did not get it! There was a initial phone screening with the HR and then a technical call with a shared document to write stuff in as required.

The job description and the communication was poor and highly misleading as they led me believe that I am responsible for working upstream and got me very excited but from the programming language to the entire technical stack was completly misleading to attact talented people for cheap.

The technical interview unfortunately did not involve a single question about cloud and that made me believe that I failed the interview miserably, but apparently I did not.

I could see later on how they were cutting costs at every step, this is IMO not a nice thing to do, taking 4-6 weeks to reply and not providing any appropriate answers. The interviewer (technical guy) was quite intelligent and knowledgable but it was clear that the manager seem to have an opinion for almost every thing that is clearly not his buisness poking his nose around.

Interview Questions

• Basic linux commands.   1 Answer
    • Some conceptual questions about networking, different tools, and libraries in the Linux world.   Answer Question

Presales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asia (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE (Asia (Philippines)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received a phone call from recruiter qualifying my background.
    This is follow by hiring manager phone interview, peers face-to-face interview, regional Sales Management Phone interview and finally a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions on what you do and how you will react on certain situation.   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE.

Interview

1. A short call from hr manager. Several questions about relocation and earliest starting date, nothing special or technical.

2. An interview with 2 possible teammates. Questions about previous job and projects.

3. ??? It was promised that I would receive a feedback in about 2 weeks after stage 2 but actually I didn't. After 2 weeks I asked hr manager for a feedback once more and he asked me to wait a week more and... silence. Probably I wasn't a good candidate but they should have send a reject. It looks very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you proud for among the tasks you did on the previous job? Why? Was it difficult?
      Q: Which technologies have you used?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUSE.

Interview

I wasn't exactly from this industry, but have very relevant skillsets; quite excited to have an interview with the hiring manager. However from the beginning, this person sounds rather detached, indifferent, and less interested. Since i was a bit rusted in interview, it took a bit longer in the "tell me about yourself" question, and the comment i got was quite sarcastic when i apologized for taking too long, "yeah, it took 15 minutes". How appalling! While it was my turn to ask questions, the answers i got were very brief, 2-3 sentences. My last question was about my less relevant industry, the answer was "yeah, we cannot rule out candidates w/o the industry experience, but if there's good fit candidates from the industry, we will likely choose him/her". Very obviously the interviewer had very little interest in my profile in the first place given my lack of industry experience. If that's the case, why on earth wasting my time on conducting this interview? I'd rather not take time preparing an interview as a run-with candidate. I took days to prepare for this interview but i was merely waste of time; bottom line, the interviewer is not such a person I'd like to work for, even if the firm has a good reputation.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUSE.

Interview

I applied for a QA and after only 5 minutes they asked me how I feel about applying to a more technical job. The questions were easy to answer. Nothing extraordinary. The biggest problem was the spoken English of the interviewer. Barely understood some things, had to ask many time if he can repeat the question. Even though they said I will be noticed about their decision, no answer had been received. Lack of professionalism.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUSE (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

Three interviewers introduced themselves. One of them told how the interviewing process works(1-2 interviews is normal).
    Then they asked to introduce myself. Then asked questions and after approximately 25 minutes they asked me a few more organisational questions like if I was willing to relocate, what salary did I want.

Then they asked me if I had questions. At the 29th minute the HR said we needed to finish and the other questions could be sent via email.

NOTE:
    I was NOT told that the interview was going to be technical. I was told it was just about my background without any preparation needed.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your experience with linux
      2) Describe what happens from pushing the start button to entering the OS
      3) What method do you use to learn new skills/ new things?
      4) When does the kernel get loaded?
      5) why are you interested in Suse?
      6) how do you automatically startup services in linux?
      7) How would you debug a non working service?
      8) what is initial ram disk?
      9) what is a loop device?
      10) what is the difference between UDP and TCP protocols   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUSE in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website, reached out via email within 1 week to join a conference call with two persons: HR representative and a solution architect. Logged in the conference, and only the solution architect was there. Talked a bit about technical projects in the CV, waiting for the HR person to join. HR person joined late, and presented herself saying she did not have time, so to try to give short answers. Classical questions on product management, motivation, strength/weaknesses nothing particularly challenging.I did not shine, but I was definitely decent and polite with them. At the end of the call HR committed to let me know about the outcome via email/phone. After one week and no communication, I dropped an email. Had no response to my email or any other communication. Very poor interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUSE (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

It was the campus placement Interview. I had 3 interviews. 2 technical and 1 HR. I was asked mostly on C, Shell scripting and Algorithms. But yeah questions were tricky. Other than that they interviewed on my aptitude and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you change the extension of all .c files to .h in a given folder using shell script.   1 Answer