Sage Environmental Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Environmental Consulting Interview Questions

1.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

There was one interview, and the St. Louis office employee talked to me about the resume, basic skills, why Sage, work experience related to marketing. Then I visited the office. When I visited the office, there was only one employee working there, and then I learned there were only three people working in St. Louis office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience, how does it relate to the position   Answer Question

Project Technical Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting.

Interview

1st round: Regular interview, behavioral mostly. It was not hard at all. Just very different and I was not expecting a behavioral interview. Make sure to know what initiative is...

Project Technical Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

They invited me into one of their offices for the interview. The interview was fairly informal, as they brought me into their conference room with two interviewers. The process itself was simple and probably typical of most other informal interviews, sometimes almost taking on a conversational tone. There was an emphasis on environmental issues, a discussion of problem-solving, and initiative.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you took the initiative?   1 Answer

Environmental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. A few recruiters came to campus and hosted casual events (mock interviews, happy hours, etc), throughout which they got to know the attendees personally. It made me more comfortable with the recruiters but it did not project the sense of professionalism as with other companies following a more formal process. Overall, I enjoyed the "interview process" Sage implemented.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to pursue us?   1 Answer

The offer took a few months to be given out, during which I had already accepted another offer. I had been told that they were going through some internal restructuring, which is why they took so long to send out offers.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Urbana, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Incredibly casual! It is important to go to the social events and have conversations with current employees that are hosting!! Make sure you do some research about the company, but they're really just looking for company fit and not technical ability. They only seriously look at candidates with a BS in chemical engineering

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people. A friend referred me to a project manager. I was then referred to a client guardian (CG) in another state. I had a third interview with another CG who is identified as a member of the leadership team. All of the interviews were phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What type of air work haves I done?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project where you had difficulty   1 Answer
    • Would I be okay traveling 50-75% of the time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked for my W2. They typically offer 10% more than your current salary. I requested an extra week of vacation which was not enough. The company has a terrible vacation allowance. Christmas is not a guaranteed day off.

Project Technical Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting.

Interview

Met them at an AIChE meeting, and then chatted at a happy hour. Sent an email and got an interview, got an offer several weeks later. They were very accommodation and transparent in the whole process, and were always willing to answer questions, etc. Also, their interview location was very nice, and the process was very relaxed and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Project Technical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through school's career services website and was selected for a in-person interview. Got a verbal invitation for an on-site, but the company never followed up on it. Given that the interviewer was overly enthusiastic about my credentials I was disappointed at the lack of professionalism from the company in not even responding to emails.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Champaign, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview, multiple interviewers to one interviewee. Standard questions, previous knowledge of regulations is not a requirement. Basically used to find out if you're personality fits the work hard play hard mentality. They can teach anyone to do the work, so they jay want someone they'll get along with in the office.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Environmental Consulting (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

We spoke over the phone first. It was to describe the current issues they are facing. The second step was informal, over lunch to discuss in further detail my plans.

Interview Questions

• what can you do for the company? How can you save us money and bring us up to speed with technology.   1 Answer