Sage Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

3.5

NPD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I will start with the warning before describing the interview. - I interviewed with the NPD team. Less than two weeks after my second interview, someone from this team communicated to my current employer that I had interviewed there. So, my boss and bosses' boss are now aware of this. It's been 3 weeks since my boss sat me down and asked me about this so time will tell what happens at my current job. This is a clear violation of professional courtesy and puts into question the ethics of this team and/or company. May the interviewee beware...

Straight forward panel style interview with mostly behavioral based questions. Multiple stages starting with a phone screen with HR, then a panel style interview with the working team, and finally an open discussion/meet and greet with the hiring manager and management team.

The interview went well and everyone was professional and engaging (to this point). Communication was good with HR though the process took several weeks. This is understandable given that many members of the team had/have busy travel schedules. Did not get the offer, but did appreciate the effort from HR to call and personally convey the message with feedback on the interview.

I was very positive with Sage even though I didn't get the offer UNTIL word got back to my current employer that I interviewed there. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as 'give me an example of how you coached a poorly performing employee'?   Answer Question

NPD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products in February 2017.

Interview

On phone interview with basic behavioral questions then in person 4 hour interview with multiple people. Some behavioral and technical questions. Generally going over the same information with different people

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of jelly beans you can fit in a 747?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Products in April 2016.

Interview

It was a phone and Skype interview, it went well and they asked about problems I had solved and about why I was qualified. It was overall a positive experience, I spoke with multiple people within different roles to assure I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When is a time when you had done something and knew it was wrong? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There were several levels of interviews, initially with HR which went very well, a second with a VP and a third round with a panel of people and a fourth with another VP. The initial interviews were of average difficulty but they asked me to prepare a 90 day plan, which took quite a bit of effort, and they never once referenced it after it was submitted. The panel interview and last VP interview were more in depth. They were all great people to meet and I left feeling very optimistic and was told I'd hear something within a few days. I've not heard anything from them in months, not even a form letter to say I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional. Integrity is apparently not important to the HR people there. Step up people and realize you do owe applicants some respect even if we weren't your top pick.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it? What business accomplishment are you most proud of? Were there any situations where you had to deliver bad news and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sage Products (McHenry, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First round of interviews was incredibly positive, both HR and interviewer made it seem like I was their top choice. Came back for the second round, it was very positive and was told that I would be contacted the next day. This was several months ago and all attempts to contact them have failed.

Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, multiple visits and meeting with different levels of management. The opportunity to spend a day in the office on a 'ride-along' was something I never encountered before. Overall it was a positive experience and allows the candidate to learn as much as possible about the company and the position. It also allows the company to assess the candidate further outside of the formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work and what steps you took to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. I was scheduled for a phone interview then interviewed in person with Human Resources and then scheduled with the hiring manager. I was also scheduled for a panel interview and a number of management personnel who I would be working with if hired. While it took quite a bit of time, I feel it was very thorough and I was able to get a good feel for the types of people and positions I would be working with.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included an initial phone interview followed by another phone interview with my preceptor. The final round interview would most likely have been in person, but I was out of town at the time.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this internship?
      Tell me about your major   Answer Question

Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It is a longer process than many companies, but they hire great people with low turnover so it is worth it. They want to make sure you like the company/people as much as they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave a Furtune 100 Company to come to a 700 person comapny?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay fair and I did not need to negotiate all that much

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products in October 2013.

Interview

HR phone screening, face to face with manager, possibly with coworkers as well, The interviewers were very fair and insightful. They reviewed my resume and knew what questions to ask to find a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, conflict   1 Answer