Sage Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Products Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.6

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Products in April 2016.

Interview

It was a phone and Skype interview, it went well and they asked about problems I had solved and about why I was qualified. It was overall a positive experience, I spoke with multiple people within different roles to assure I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When is a time when you had done something and knew it was wrong? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There were several levels of interviews, initially with HR which went very well, a second with a VP and a third round with a panel of people and a fourth with another VP. The initial interviews were of average difficulty but they asked me to prepare a 90 day plan, which took quite a bit of effort, and they never once referenced it after it was submitted. The panel interview and last VP interview were more in depth. They were all great people to meet and I left feeling very optimistic and was told I'd hear something within a few days. I've not heard anything from them in months, not even a form letter to say I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional. Integrity is apparently not important to the HR people there. Step up people and realize you do owe applicants some respect even if we weren't your top pick.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it? What business accomplishment are you most proud of? Were there any situations where you had to deliver bad news and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sage Products (McHenry, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First round of interviews was incredibly positive, both HR and interviewer made it seem like I was their top choice. Came back for the second round, it was very positive and was told that I would be contacted the next day. This was several months ago and all attempts to contact them have failed.

Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, multiple visits and meeting with different levels of management. The opportunity to spend a day in the office on a 'ride-along' was something I never encountered before. Overall it was a positive experience and allows the candidate to learn as much as possible about the company and the position. It also allows the company to assess the candidate further outside of the formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered at work and what steps you took to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. I was scheduled for a phone interview then interviewed in person with Human Resources and then scheduled with the hiring manager. I was also scheduled for a panel interview and a number of management personnel who I would be working with if hired. While it took quite a bit of time, I feel it was very thorough and I was able to get a good feel for the types of people and positions I would be working with.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included an initial phone interview followed by another phone interview with my preceptor. The final round interview would most likely have been in person, but I was out of town at the time.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this internship?
      Tell me about your major
      Answer Question

Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It is a longer process than many companies, but they hire great people with low turnover so it is worth it. They want to make sure you like the company/people as much as they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave a Furtune 100 Company to come to a 700 person comapny?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay fair and I did not need to negotiate all that much

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products in October 2013.

Interview

HR phone screening, face to face with manager, possibly with coworkers as well, The interviewers were very fair and insightful. They reviewed my resume and knew what questions to ask to find a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, conflict   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Products (Cary, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Sage has a great way of making sound, well thought decisions when it comes to hiring. There were a series of phone conversations followed by many face to face interactions, a group interview and a half-day work with to experience what the position was like in real time.

Interview Questions

• Interviews consisted of many questions that would make a person think. There were background questions but the most important part of the interview was how I would handle situations or deal with objections.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was firm but potential to increase based on yearly performance and sales dollars was explained as a major part of overall compensation.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Products in March 2013.

Interview

Had 2 interviews in 2 weeks. I was asked of how people viewed me and why would I come to work at Sage. What made Sage special. At first it was because of the people but after being there it was just for the money.