Sailthru Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was very thorough and well run. Good mix of management involved in the process, all very well prepared. They had all reviewed my resume, had relevant questions and provided a good environment.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an email a couple weeks ago with an invitation to try a coding challenge. It was hosted by Hacker rank. I had 48 hrs to complete it. It was only 45 minutes, and not particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• The challenge was based on simple array manipulation and recursion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sailthru in March 2016.

Interview

Did a code challenge. The HR reached out and wanted to me to schedule a second interview with a full time engineer at Sailthru. I gave them my availability, and the HR guy just disappeared.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with 7 people throughout the day and it was a very long process. I had to give a presentation on either the company or my previous company. They asked for a PowerPoint, so I gave a presentation on my previous company as I had no slides prepared for the company. I thought I did a good job and followed up the next day with thank you e-mails to all the people that I met with. Found out that I was not a good fit and so they passed on me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Took two weeks to schedule interviews, started with phone screening and then finally with the hiring manager. Explained my prior positions and working with technology and clients. My experience was working with some of the world's biggest clients and integrating software with them where transactions was up to nearly $100 million. The hiring manager thought that was impressive however it wasn't enough for next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how your skill set relates to this position   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process is very impersonal, quick and a little on the pathetic side. You will get an email with a link to an online test where you will have 45 minutes to answer two questions once you start the test. This website will let you test and then submit your code. You can pick from different languages for the two problems.

From your code you will be told if you are "a fit" or not. From what I could gather is that they are looking for non-quadratic code but if you have not thought about this algorithm you might not be able to get a non-quadratic version in time. "After the bell" I realized what I could have done to make it more efficient. In the end their non real world interview process is what they like and think "it works perfectly."

Think twice about a company as impersonal as this one where you do not even get a courtesy call from their recruiter to get to know the basics about you. Their feeling is why should they waste their time if you can't pass our "perfect world test." I would recommend passing on this company as it seems like a revolving door and one that you are not going to grow your skills at - real skills.

Interview Questions

• Return all of the Fibonacci numbers up to a maximum number which is supplied.

Given a list of numbers find pairs where the difference between them is equal to K (a given number)

From your code you will be told if you are "a fit" or not. From what I could gather is that they are looking for non-quadratic code but if you have not thought about this algorithm you might not be able to get a non-quadratic version in time. "After the bell" I realized what I could have done.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sailthru.

Interview

After applying, the recruiter emailed me to setup a phone screening with a developer. The engineer did not call. After I followed up with the recruiter, the recruiter explained that the engineer was stuck in a meeting. A second phone call was scheduled and once again the engineer did not call. This time I did not followup with the recruiter. About a week later the recruiter asks me for availability to schedule a phone call once again. I declined the offer.

The company doesn't seem to be on top of things regarding hiring practices.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied this position online. they give me an interview at New York OFFICE. I met 4 different person, one is recruiter , one is department director, another 2 are employees.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sailthru in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke with someone from HR, she scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer called (about 15 minutes late). Mostly technical type of interview. Very focused on my resume.
    HR scheduled another phone interview, he spent time getting to know me.
    He told me I would hear something from HR in the next few days about next steps. HR scheduled a call and they told me they had found someone else more qualified for the position. That was fine except I know from someone working there, that they did not find/hire another person. I would have preferred the truth.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? What is the biggest deal you have ever sold?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sailthru (New York, NY).

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a business contact who connected me with one of their VPs. Their internal talent team was the first to connect with me and provide an overview of the company and role, followed by a high-level review of my experience. I had worked for a perceived competitor and one well so it helped clear this first hurdle. This was a quick 30-minute call.

After this first stage I was scheduled for a 30-minute call with an EVP which lasted over an hour. It led to three 30-minute interviews with VPs, or above, in their New York office. Each interview was more about pitching the company and answering questions than putting me through the wringer. They did ask about my sales experience and process, and to go through a $100k+ sale I had closed.

I was advised within a day that an offer was coming. The process from offer to acceptance took less than 10 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very typical sales role negotiation. They wanted a quick start date. I felt their base salary was a bit low . However, their sales targets seemed achievable based on average deal size values and OTE was attractive. They stuck to their guns based on the upside of the options, OTE and growth potential.