Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.4

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

First there was a phone interview, where typical interview questions were asked. Then they scheduled me for an in person interview with the unit manager and a tour of the unit. After they offered me a position and I accepted. They then schedule you for a drug screen, and immunization check (or you provided imms records), orientation and any required training (CPR, IV, Phlebotomy) The whole process was pretty easy and well organized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? What do you think are the best qualities for a caregiver?   Answer Question

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Chelsea, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was casual, however, I felt that my job description was shadowed and I was lead to believe I would be in charge of more things than reality represented.

Telemetry Monitor Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email about a month after I applied asking me to schedule a phone interview. After my phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes I was told to expect a call from the supervisor to call me and set up an in-person interview within the next week. I was called the following Monday (about 1 business day later) and he offered me the interview totally at my convenience. My interview lasted approximately 2-3 hours and consisted of a paper exam, a peer interview, a tour and a one-on-one interview with the supervisor of the department.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my schooling and my experience and why St. Joes.   1 Answer

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Chelsea, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very easy and laid back. I met with the director of the department I had applied for, she gave me a tour of the facility, described the job and what it entailed, and asked me a few basic questions about my job experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel that your previous jobs have prepared you for this position?   1 Answer

Reg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Difficult to coordinate with HR once the manager sought out an interview, HR is not quick or efficient in their hiring process. Did a short 5 minute phone interview and then an in-person interview followed by a tour of the unit and an opportunity to meet co-workers and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you respond to stressful situations   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview within a few days of applying. The phone interview with their Communications Manager went well and after an hour and a half conversation, I was asked to come in for an interview.

The in-person interview was a bit of a mess. I arrived a few minutes early, but the interviewers were about 15 minutes late. This wasn't a big deal, but what was very irritating was the lack of preparation from the interviewers.

The first portion of the interview was a tag team with the Communications Manager I spoke to on the phone and the Marketing and Communications Director. Neither of them had even looked at my resume beforehand and did not have a very clear picture of what the position actually entailed or any specifics as to what the general marketing plan for the organization looked like.

This first interview felt more of an educational session for the interviewers on what digital marketing is rather than my ability to do it for the organization. Marketing seems like it takes a backseat to the communications/PR side of things at this hospital system.

After about about an hour and a half, a stream of 10 or so people came into the room for a panel style interview. As it turns out this was their entire marketing/communications department. After introductions they asked me some softball questions and were mostly trying to get a feel for me as a person rather than my professional skills or qualifications.

Aside from feeling a bit like an animal at the zoo being watched by spectators, this wasn't so bad. The department was made up of mostly young professionals, all of whom were very nice.

Where things took a bit of a turn was when one of the hospital's nuns, who is also one of their photographers, decided to hold and rub my hands . This isn't acceptable upon a first encounter with someone and even less acceptable at a job interview. I felt more like some sort of curiosity at this point rather than a potential candidate for a job. After about an hour of panel interviewing and a few questions on my knowledge of specific religious minutiae, the interview concluded. By this time I had decided this was not the place for me.

Upon leaving I was told "we'll be in touch." As it turns out that was a lie. There was no follow up or further communication from them.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions asked did not seem relevant to the position. The questions were not particularly difficult, but that appeared to be a byproduct of the interviewers lack of understanding of the position and poor preparation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.

Interview

Applied several times and was interview for 2 separate positions. 1st interview was not difficult 3 person panel with basic building maintenance questions and personal opinion questions.. What are your weak points, Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Offered position turned it down, starting pay to low .
    2nd interview 6 months later for a different position same 3 person panel, much more technical questions on building maintenance, looked at some prints and was asked question's based on prints. the scale and scope of work was discussed in detail. 3 weeks later called in for a follow up interview with 5 person panel more technical drawings and questions, how to procedures on maintenance tasks, hypothetical questions on trouble shooting and repairs.
    I was offered position and a better pay scale and accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• Life safety questions that were Hospital related, I had no back ground in healthcare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to counter , a yes or no answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was non adversarial; sought to find common ground. Inteviewers asked about my background interest in the job. I was asked questions by three (3) people. questions concentrated on pharmacy understanding, how interested was I in the pharmacy, how I would respond to questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would happpen if you got backed up? How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

MPBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process. I received a call in response to an on-line application I filled out. I received the call about six weeks after applying. I had my first interview, it went well, then I was called back for a second interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How are you with multi-cultural people.   1 Answer

Imaging Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ypsilanti, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about 3-5 days after I applied online. I met with my supervisor and 2 current employees in the department. They asked me questions about my work history, education plans, and what I knew about this hospital.