Salix Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salix Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

3.4

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, manager then called to set up phone interview for the next day. Called the next day and had a 40 minute phone interview that was insane. Was more like what I would expect from an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your ranking in everything. Why do you want to change companies. What do you define as success.   Answer Question

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I started as a contractor so I was already doing the job. I still had to apply for the position and go through the interview process but was hired permanently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty meeting a deadline!   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the phone interview. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager for a live interview followed by another live interview with the district sales manager. The process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. How would you handle an irate physician?   Answer Question

Kam Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (East Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very tough and ran over a 5 week period. The hiring manager used the STAR Interview concept. Be prepared to discuss background and how your experience and qualifications can benefit the company. Do your research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

On-going

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, and 2nd face to face interview. The initial phone interview was fairly simple. The next step was a face to face interview with two managers. The 3rd step was the 2nd face to face, with one of the managers. I had to present a study of the drug as if the interviewer was the physician. The last step was another phone interview with the regional sales manager and then I received the offer. Next, I had to provide W2 information for my background investigation and a drug screening. Once all was in the clear, I started the job that following week. Home study first, mine was a 2 week time period and then a 1.5 week training at corporate. Then you will have some additional training out in the field with your training manager.

Interview Questions

• For the second interview, they emailed an abstract and study for me to read and understand in order to present it the next day.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process is really long, it takes multiple months for you to go thru the entire interview process. Don't be surprised if you have to wait about three months to get a job offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews, Phone with HR, First round interview with multiple people, 2nd round interview with multiple people. All in all a very thorough review process checking culture fit and necessary experience. I found it challenging to come up with specific examples to the questions and ended up using the same example with multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with a peer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Very thorough and extensive. You will have a phone screen with Human Resources. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. You will then have 1 full day of onsite interviews. Sometimes the full day is split into two depending on scheduling conflicts. The process is thorough but the talent across the company is exceptional.

Kam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesleyan Col, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Wesleyan Col, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Fair but basic. They took some time to go through the whole process. It took about four weeks to complete everything. In the end, I declined the offer to take on another career opportunity. I would do your research to find out if this is a good match for you. Work life balance is at an all-time low from what i have found out.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Positive experience overall. Initial interview is with Human Resources, second interview is with the hiring manager, third interview is with departmental director and Human Resources, fourth interview is with the client. They definitely invest the proper amount of time to selecting the right person who is the best fit organizationally, departmentally and based on knowledge skills and abilities as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular sticks out. General plus technical questions were asked. Recruiter asked for lots of detailed information. Be prepared to elaborate on your responses.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Salix and what is it in particular about this job that interests you? What makes you the perfect fit for this position and sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question