Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Lasted no more than 20 minutes. Asked basic personality questions. Interview took place in the back room of the store. Manager would ask questions while also making note of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Retail   7 Answers

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 4 attorneys including the GC. Each interview lasted 30 minutes spanning over two hours. They were very prepared and accommodating. The questioned asked weren't the typical and dry "tell me about yourself"; but more functional questions that dove into my previous work experiences and explored their needs for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage and prioritize your multiple projects in your current position?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and district manager. They promised training and opportunities for advancement but did not follow through. I never got the initial store training I was just given keys to open and close the store and to safe to make bank deposits.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Saint Paul, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, and was offered the store manager position. They start out very low, 9.99 per hour, with a raise of 1.00 per hour after you complete your management training. I only took this position to obtain the manger's job, but they decided to give it to another candidate without letting me know.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to let my cosmetology license go inactive?   4 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered 9.99 per hour and that is what I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Watertown, SD) in August 2013.

Interview

Quick, easy, laid back, informative, clear expectations of the job. Rather than interviewing with the store manager, I met with the district manager so I would get all the possible needed information about the position as well as advancing opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get from Sally's?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple, comfortable, and very personable. I liked that it was a more relaxed atmosphere and not structured as would a behavioral interview would be. It was a pleasant experience

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few weeks later to come in and interview. The first interview was with HR. I met with her for about 30 minutes. She then immediately called in the hiring manager from the department I applied to and I was then interviewed with her for another 30 minutes. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• If someone became confrontational with you at work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation. They have a range they live by for Salary positions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions

• They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a friendly, two step process. I had called and they to,d me to fill out an application printed out online. Then when I turned it in a got an interview the next day. I passed the first interview with the manager. After the second interview with the district manager I was hired. I started the same week.

Interview Questions

• What were my goals for the next 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a bit of a joke. The woman who hired me was very crass and unprofessional. She cussed and talked trash on former employees during our interview. She asked run-of-the-mill interviewing questions and spent some time talking about drama at work. It seemed like drama was something that came up often there.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I signed up for an interview through my university. It was a fair interview, pretty comfortable. They are trying to see if you are driven and hard working. I got selected for a second and third interview at a later date which was a similar format. It wasn't difficult, they don't expect you to be perfect. They just want to see the potential and passion.