Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sally Beauty

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

Very personable and informative during the interview. Asked all relevant questions and I was very comfortable during the interview. Spoke with one person who would end up being my manager and the rapport was great. Spent more than an hour speaking with her and she gave me all the answers to the questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• Challenges and motivation for employees.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

At first, I interviewed with the district manager via phone. We talked about job history and became familiar with each other. I passed the initial interview and interviewed in person. This interview was more in detail

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

Recruiter emails to inquire about scheduling a phone interview with the hiring manager. spoke with the hiring manager on the phone at the selected time.

This is where things became unprofessional. The recruiter is sloppy and unorganized,s scheduling in person meetings without notice or professional consideration, asking to come into the office with a few hours notice. I declined because I have a job, what if they don't hiring me? I can't neglect my current employer, most places are respectful of your schedule. Uninspired interviewers that seem jaded and checked out. Not a great experience and I never received follow up but I also don't want to work there, so we are even. I was extremely professional throughout the process but dealing with HR was a serious red flag for me.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational interview, discussing resume and hobbies.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview process was exactly what you’d expect, she asked what kind of metrics o was familiar with and what my strategies were for leading a team and building sales. It was pretty casual

Interview Questions

• What metrics and KPIs are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Director of Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

5 Phone Screens and 2 Video Calls. Extremely unprofessional and disappointing. Indecisive leadership. Communication was horrible and extremely one-way. Even the corporate recruiter wanted you to call her to get updates. I feel confident that I dodged a bullet. My recommendation: look elsewhere.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The process was quick and easy. I received a call from the hiring manager about 3 days after applying and scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and did not include many skill related questions. Within a week I was hired and able to begin working there.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Zachary, LA) in January 2020.

Interview

applied online, got called in for in-person interview that same day. was told to go online and check my email to fill out paperwork which would take one week to process. was offered the job

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions regarding background and experience. Left the call discussing availability for a second call during the following week. Never heard back until the 7th working day.

Interview Questions

• Typical line of questioning   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was long and with a lot of questions. She was patient and very informative. The store needed a lot of help and she told me and was very upfront about it.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

They scheduled my interview last minute, literally the day before. When I arrived, early, I got the sense that I was burdening my interviewers with my presence. I was also informed 1 hour before the interview that I would be required to stay afterward and complete and excel exam. The entire process was rushed, unorganized and stressful. It has been 1.5 months and I have yet to hear anything and it appears the position is still available.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (New York, NY).

Interview

it was a basic interview since I was already employed with the company. I was asked how I would teach someone something new. I was also asked about being able to handle conflict

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to have all store team member achieve company based goals?   Answer Question