Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.0

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

interview with 3 managers. Questions involved work history. Nothing major. Sally doesn't make much money. So the salary is not very high and the negotiation took 2 weeks.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with the store and district manager and they sit you down and read from a paper of questions. You do get a little bit over whelemed in the interview, that I don't think they explain the expectations of you as a employ very well during the interview process, they wait until they hire you to explain the expectations which for me I would've rather known what was expected of me before fire not during training.

Interview Questions

• How do we compare to competition?
      Why do you want to work for Sally's ?
      Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and what you did to solve it?
      How do you deal with confrontation ?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Brief, straightforward. Manager was very nice. Took me into the back office area, described the perks for working there and what was expected. What the pay was, how many hours. The manager told me what the dress code was and how she became manager within a year, so it's definitely a company you can move up in. I was hired, i start today. :)

Interview Questions

• Basically the manager asked about my history, how i would deal with unhappy customers, what does teamwork mean to me, etc   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

Msnager set the first interview,after that set a second interview with a DM who help to decide who is hired.after you are hired,you need to take a training at store with material and them you start training on POS.

Interview Questions

• Why I consider this job is good for me   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of off the paper questions and no additional questions . It was in their stock room which threw me off a bit but kept it casual enough that I felt comfortable

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

No Phone . Only face interview and its short and fast.Manager and lead were very friendly and seemed nice to work with. They let me know that you have to wait for couple of weeks to get the feedback.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call later that day for an interview the next day. They told me they would call my references the next day, which they didn't. They also told me they would call me within a few days if I got the job or not, also didn't.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product-they gave me a ceramic high heel for holding a curling iron   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • what's the biggest rule you broke at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I came in with my application, and the manager literally took me to the back, asked me like 3 questions. She asked me about my availability, if I had a second job, and if i planned on staying longer than 6 months. I was hired on the spot and started my training the very next week.

Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Ramsey, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

They hired me pretty much on the spot, which I later found out was because they had such a high turnover that they needed people immediately. They asked the normal questions like what my goals were and how I felt about stealing and that kind of stuff but overall they hired me right away so that I could start working right away. They pretty much hired anyone who applied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Very vague description of responsibilities. Had 2 interviews. One with store manager, very casual. one with district manager, very formal. Store manager was very nice and made me feel welcome and like I could do the job. District manager was very cold and made me feel like she had an underlying thing she wanted me to say. Didn't feel like I could give her the right answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing a fellow employee using product off the shelf?   Answer Question