Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.9

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

went in for first interview but she couldn't interview me because other girl called in sick so she was the only one there. Had to come back which was very inconvenient since I had to miss work at my other job

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Very laid back. Asked questions from a list on a tablet. Manager was very friendly and talked about the job expected of me and what I'd be doing. Knowledge of cosmetics and hair products is recommended.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with a member of management? How'd you overcome this problem?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by HR and it was very relaxed and I felt it went very well. She then took my for a typing/data entry test. Did very well so was interviewed by a second person. Not sure if she was HR or maybe a supervisor. In all I felt it was all really positive. They said they would be in contact by the end of the week but have not heard anything from them and that was 3 weeks ago. I think by common courtesy they should contact you either way.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult position or experience you’ve had at a previous job and how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I took my printed application to the store and talked to the manager directly, she reviewed my application right then and there. Asked me a few questions about my work history, hours I would like to work, and cosmetology experience (which I’m all self taught.)

About 3 hours later she called me to set up an interview. Went to the interview where I met up with the manager and assistant manager. The manager goes over my application some more, asking my previous work responsibilities, my familiarity with POS, and my education. She informed me that she was looking for someone “older” but would give me a chance. I was hired the same day and started work in the next couple of days.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

It was a very casual and fast interview process that felt more like just talking rather than being interviewed. It was very easy but could probably use some improvement.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Applied that day. I talked to the manager right away. Really wasn't much of an interview as we had other staff members joining in with us just chatting about everything. Talked very lite about the job duties/or the job itself. Although the interview did not feel like an actual interview and I didn't feel like I actually was hired, I was hired right on the spot. Also I felt comfortable during the "interview"

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

First off the process was very unprofessional. First interview they set but gave the hiring manager wrong time. Then I had to cancel cause of health reasons after that they were very slow in the process of getting me into a 3 hour interview. HR kept asking for my availability which I gave numerous times, instead of setting a time and Day themselves and asking if it works for me they made the process unnecessarily lengthy. HR was shockingly rude when my availability changed because of other interviews said I was "risky" and could pontentially leave the position soon after if given an offer. Not too sure what gave them that idea but they assumed what they wanted.
    Secondly the pay is way too low for the position I was going for and they said it was because my lack of experience but the same position at many other companies are AT LEAST $20,000 more, it's obvious the company has a lot to work on and I will not recommend it to others from my experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

It was like old fashion where you have to fill out an application and turn it in in person. After I turned it in I had a face-to-face interview that lasted quite a while. We role-played to see how well I could upsell. Questions that were asked or very relaxed and when I left I felt like I had made a new friend rather than a boss.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take direction from somebody younger than you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

interview with 3 managers. Questions involved work history. Nothing major. Sally doesn't make much money. So the salary is not very high and the negotiation took 2 weeks.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found the job online through CL applied after 1 week i got a email response to scheduled an interview. It was pretty standard questions i dont remeber now but i got a quick one phone response after a few days of the interview and i got the job.