Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Applied that day. I talked to the manager right away. Really wasn't much of an interview as we had other staff members joining in with us just chatting about everything. Talked very lite about the job duties/or the job itself. Although the interview did not feel like an actual interview and I didn't feel like I actually was hired, I was hired right on the spot. Also I felt comfortable during the "interview"

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

First off the process was very unprofessional. First interview they set but gave the hiring manager wrong time. Then I had to cancel cause of health reasons after that they were very slow in the process of getting me into a 3 hour interview. HR kept asking for my availability which I gave numerous times, instead of setting a time and Day themselves and asking if it works for me they made the process unnecessarily lengthy. HR was shockingly rude when my availability changed because of other interviews said I was "risky" and could pontentially leave the position soon after if given an offer. Not too sure what gave them that idea but they assumed what they wanted.
    Secondly the pay is way too low for the position I was going for and they said it was because my lack of experience but the same position at many other companies are AT LEAST $20,000 more, it's obvious the company has a lot to work on and I will not recommend it to others from my experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

It was like old fashion where you have to fill out an application and turn it in in person. After I turned it in I had a face-to-face interview that lasted quite a while. We role-played to see how well I could upsell. Questions that were asked or very relaxed and when I left I felt like I had made a new friend rather than a boss.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take direction from somebody younger than you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

interview with 3 managers. Questions involved work history. Nothing major. Sally doesn't make much money. So the salary is not very high and the negotiation took 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with the store and district manager and they sit you down and read from a paper of questions. You do get a little bit over whelemed in the interview, that I don't think they explain the expectations of you as a employ very well during the interview process, they wait until they hire you to explain the expectations which for me I would've rather known what was expected of me before fire not during training.

Interview Questions

• How do we compare to competition?
      Why do you want to work for Sally's ?
      Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and what you did to solve it?
      How do you deal with confrontation ?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, they basically ask you about your background and skills. The three people that interviewed me weren't very friendly, didn't get a welcoming vibe so it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to stay organized and how does that help you in your everyday routine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Brief, straightforward. Manager was very nice. Took me into the back office area, described the perks for working there and what was expected. What the pay was, how many hours. The manager told me what the dress code was and how she became manager within a year, so it's definitely a company you can move up in. I was hired, i start today. :)

Interview Questions

• Basically the manager asked about my history, how i would deal with unhappy customers, what does teamwork mean to me, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Clifton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

very quick, very easy and basic questions were asked. Questions were mainly about experience with hair color (I had none) and how I am with beauty products. I was also asked about my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a terrible process. The interview spanned over three months with multiple different people. The day they made me an offer they had me in the corporate office from 8-5 interviewing with 7 different people. However they called it an interview but it seemed more like a soft on boarding. They were selling themselves to me the entire day. That evening I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel the most important leadership quality is?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw a hiring sign, filled out application in store. I was interviewed by two managers to get the job. And started with 2 days of being hired. First manager is hard interviews second is simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you mind repeating yourself often?
      What's your prior work experience
      What's your best attribute