Samsonite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.1

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsonite (Aurora, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and informal, just in the breakroom of the store in Aurora, IL. The manager was polite and very up front about compensation, job duties, etc. The training that followed was on cheesy and outdated on the computer. That was such a drag

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barstow, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsonite (Barstow, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring was a very short interview process. Store manager spoke with supervisor and I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Interview was mostly based on mall gossip   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager spoke with her supervisor and I was offered a position. Interview was very laid back, Manage mostly spoke of the store that the Outlet mall was moving around or closing. I never felt as if I was interviewed on my qualities as an employee.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsonite (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview with the District Manager. When asked what the interview process was, she told me that I might have a second interview with the Regional Manager, but that did not happen. The interview itself only took less than an hour in a public place. An offer was made within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

• She really didn't ask to much outside of my background. They want to know how in tune with the market you are applying for you are.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsonite (Santa Fe, NM) in July 2009.

Interview

Average in length and many situational questions.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Igatpuri (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsonite (Igatpuri (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

First, the family background was asked. Then, questions regarding school and college studies. They asked me thoroughly about my vocational education. Some high level questions were asked after easy one: All pertaining to Drafting and Plastic Moulding. They later asked me whether I knew something about their Company history and their products.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about what material is used for our products?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsonite (Santiago (Chile)) in March 2011.

Interview

Nice interview and review of academic and work experience

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsonite in July 2008.

Interview

Very easy process. One phone interview and one in person interview. Final salary lower than initially discussed. Immediate supervisor thought she was making points with her boss by reneging on the initial monetary package.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember--doesn't stand out in my mind that there was a difficult interview quesiton   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unproductive negotiation due to the egos of 2 people who were subsequently let go--should not be construed as a negative reflection on the organization.