Samsung India Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.9

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a couple hour long technical interview with senior technical guy. Most of the time, was explaining my past projects, challenges and technologies I have used. Gave few programs to concentrate on performance on the algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced and how did you overcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave a position and package below my expectation and during HR discussion I have again stressed on my expectation and got the designation and increment in package( but, not as much as demanded)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly they took the coding test. While taking interview, since i was only candidate, therefore they took two technical interviews and one hr. In technical they asked about whether i am comfortable in OOP concepts and asked about one puzzle, they also asked me bout the test coding question. In 2nd interview, he asked me bout Radix search, dizkstra, MST, prims and difference between prims and dizekstra. In HR she basically asked boit my family, companies where i jave been applied, my prefrence, my projevts etc.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes. 20 from Verbal Ability, 20 from Logical reasoning and 20 from Quantitative aptitude which included Data Interpretation as well. The difficulty level was medium but should be very quick in solving the questions. The second round was written technical test. 25 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. Questions were from VLSI, Digital Electronics, Network analysis.

Interview Questions

• In Technical 1-
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Projects
      3. How do u rate yourself in digital electronics? Why?
      4. FSM Related questions.
      5. Construct any universal gate using CMOS .
      6. What is an active load? Where and why is this used in CMOS inverter?
      7. Draw a circuit of 2:1 multiplexer using only NAND gates.
      8. Puzzles
      9. Frequency divider circuit.
      10.Questions related to ADC/DAC
      11. Basic MOSFET questions.
      12. Some IC fabrication concepts.
      13. Are u familiar with Verilog?
      14. What does setup time and hold time signify?
      15.What is cache memory?
      16. Do u have any questions?//.....
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview

1. C program to reverse the string.
    2. Storage classes and code to explain them.
    3. Questions on my previous project.
    4. Difference between malloc and alloc.
    5. Linux commands.
    6. Few puzzles.
    7. Features of vCenter, vSphere Client.
    8. Hobbies, my work profile, reason to change the company, strength and weakness, how did I overcome the problems faced etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

its a 3 round process which includes
    1.coding round
    2. technical interview
    3. hr interview
    the questions in coding are based on pure algorithm. the time alotted will be three hours for one question. be very well prepared for coding round all they run your code through many test cases.
    if any test case is not approved then you program will stop.
    at maximum you will have five attempts to submit your code.

Interview Questions

• basically questions were based on data structures and algorithm. use geeks4geeks and coreman book for algorithm. practice your coding skills very well with data structures.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. APTI TEST
    2. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
    3. HR INTERVIEW

The job vacancies are limited for each batch.You are provided with snacks and other meals while you are waiting for your interview.The apti test matters you the most .Not everyone can qualify it.Though screening is not much .The order in which the interviewer calls u if you arent in top 5 your chances are weak for selection.

Interview Questions

• Technical and basic questions about your favorite subject
      Project and training questions
      Why you wanna join
      Where would you live or accomodations
      On the whole the process is biased by some internal policies which they have .
      Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Personal interview , Analytical test , HR round of interview
    Function based questions , relevance to the job , past experience check and review by the function manager
    Background check , documents verification and final HR round of interview
    LOI and joining date confirmation- induction and on job posting with directions on how to work
    On job training

Interview Questions

• How do you appoint new service franchisee   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Chennai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes. 20 from Verbal Ability, 20 from Logical reasoning and 20 from Quantitative aptitude which included Data Interpretation as well. The difficulty level was medium but should be very quick in solving the questions. The secoun round was written technical test. 25 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. Questions were from VLSI, Digital Electronics, Circuit analysis. later two technical interviews were conducted and one HR interview.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

It had two qualifying online tests. First was to test your level of aptitude. Second was to test your basics in electronics. Next I had two technical interviews and a HR round. The questions were not difficult. Mostly from Digital electronics. Strong basics will get you past the technical interviews. The interviews were one-one.

Service Quality Up Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Telephonic for me, Technical field experiences had been asked and a very straight cut interview about value for money. About basic skills and my technical knowledge and how to manage problems etc. They had called me up after they chosen my sent resume from there end.