Samsung India Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a couple hour long technical interview with senior technical guy. Most of the time, was explaining my past projects, challenges and technologies I have used. Gave few programs to concentrate on performance on the algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced and how did you overcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave a position and package below my expectation and during HR discussion I have again stressed on my expectation and got the designation and increment in package( but, not as much as demanded)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview

A coding round followed by 2 technical and 1 HR rounds. Only 2-3 people from my batch qualified the coding technical interviews. In HR, they only talked about Samsung and what kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions like finding square root, radix and heap sorts, some dynamic programming problems, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly they took the coding test. While taking interview, since i was only candidate, therefore they took two technical interviews and one hr. In technical they asked about whether i am comfortable in OOP concepts and asked about one puzzle, they also asked me bout the test coding question. In 2nd interview, he asked me bout Radix search, dizkstra, MST, prims and difference between prims and dizekstra. In HR she basically asked boit my family, companies where i jave been applied, my prefrence, my projevts etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Bhopal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Placed in MANIT campus. There were one face to face hr round and three telephonic rounds. Telephonic rounds were generally technical rounds. They emphasized on basic data structures, algorithm and c/c++ programming questions and some of aptitude questions also.

Interview Questions

• General questions from data structures, algorithm, and c/c++ programming   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online test (day 1) - English, aptitude and reasoning, coding. Coding - three simple questions in C,C++ or Java - string manipulation, linked lists. No complex data structures or algorithms.
    Group discussion (day 2) - Topic was given and we must present our ideas one by one. No debate followed though. Our topic - Give one challenge faced by digital india and how to start solving it

Interview Questions

• Print reverse of a string without creating another string   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes. 20 from Verbal Ability, 20 from Logical reasoning and 20 from Quantitative aptitude which included Data Interpretation as well. The difficulty level was medium but should be very quick in solving the questions. The second round was written technical test. 25 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. Questions were from VLSI, Digital Electronics, Network analysis.

Interview Questions

• In Technical 1-
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Projects
      3. How do u rate yourself in digital electronics? Why?
      4. FSM Related questions.
      5. Construct any universal gate using CMOS .
      6. What is an active load? Where and why is this used in CMOS inverter?
      7. Draw a circuit of 2:1 multiplexer using only NAND gates.
      8. Puzzles
      9. Frequency divider circuit.
      10.Questions related to ADC/DAC
      11. Basic MOSFET questions.
      12. Some IC fabrication concepts.
      13. Are u familiar with Verilog?
      14. What does setup time and hold time signify?
      15.What is cache memory?
      16. Do u have any questions?//.....   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paschim Medinipur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Paschim Medinipur (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

One basic coding round where you need to pass all test cases of 1 out of 3 problems. Then there was a GD interview which was pretty easy. Hoping it helps someone.

Interview Questions

• Devise your own problem statement and write a proposal to solve that problem (GD round)   Answer Question

Summer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on-campus. First step was an online aptitude and coding test. After clearing the cut-off, appeared for on-campus round which was a Group Discussion. The topic of the GD was related to suggesting technologies to improve a specific feature of a Samsung phone.

Interview Questions

• Suggest technologies to improve a specific feature of a Samsung phone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics.

Interview

1. C program to reverse the string.
    2. Storage classes and code to explain them.
    3. Questions on my previous project.
    4. Difference between malloc and alloc.
    5. Linux commands.
    6. Few puzzles.
    7. Features of vCenter, vSphere Client.
    8. Hobbies, my work profile, reason to change the company, strength and weakness, how did I overcome the problems faced etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung India Electronics (Noida (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

its a 3 round process which includes
    1.coding round
    2. technical interview
    3. hr interview
    the questions in coding are based on pure algorithm. the time alotted will be three hours for one question. be very well prepared for coding round all they run your code through many test cases.
    if any test case is not approved then you program will stop.
    at maximum you will have five attempts to submit your code.

Interview Questions

• basically questions were based on data structures and algorithm. use geeks4geeks and coreman book for algorithm. practice your coding skills very well with data structures.   Answer Question