Samsung Research America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the chance from campus career fair. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. Two algorithms question were asked. Because I prepared for job-hunting so late that both the questions I didn't solve before the interview. But the interviewer was nice to explaining and discuss the question clearly so I can get some hints by active communication.

Interview Questions

• One was three sum and one was longest common subsequence. Both are from leetcode.   Answer Question

Samsung Research America Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review—we're glad to hear about your positive interview experience, welcome to SRA!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in September 2014.

Interview

Post resume on School Job Fair, got invitation to conduct interview on campus.

No difficult problems.
    But met some open ended questions to talk about optimization.

Interview Questions

• How to optimize the calculation conducted on a series of CPUs given the context.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter found me from LinkedIn and had an opportunity to have interview. To set up phone interview, it took about a 1 week. After passing the phone interview finally, I was invited to the onsite interview with four managers. After onsite interview, it took about 2 weeks to receive offer from Samsung.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Gave me the usual spiel about their potential and why I would be a great fit. We followed up with a phone screen, phone technical with the hiring manager and onsite interview with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly normal and I breezed through them. NDA got my hands tied.   Answer Question

Felt a lack of disorganization when I was there. It took them 2-3 weeks to come up with a decision, when I breezed through every single interview. That made me feel like it was a big mess there and I had other offers lined up.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

a phone interview. ask about projects and scripts programming, Linux commands and virtual machine. Given problems, answering how to debug and code optimization. It takes long time to process, and did not receive any feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

Phone interview was quite easy, just know your basics well. Go through Algorithms, data Structures and basic java programming.Explain your projects in detail. Talk about how you approached the problem statement in your project. Let them know which programming language you like and why. Make sure, you know it really well, coz they'll surely test your knowledge-in depth.

Interview Questions

• How would you detect a loop in a linked list?
      Alternative algorithms for complex problems, big O notation etc
      Java concepts- Inheritance, Polymorphism , Overloading, Overriding
      Some basic HR questions related to your visa status, your projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an onsite interview.
    The overall experience was OK. It seemed like Samsung was unprepared for the interview as the interviewer was rushing to find other people to interview me and they weren't available.

Interview Questions

• Q. Swap variable values without using a temp variable.
      Q. Remove duplicates from an Array of integers. Follow up, do the same with constant memory
      Q. Android specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

My experience at Samsung research America was horrible.They were not sure about what skill set they were looking for.I was called onsite and it was a complete waste of time.The interview process is also very disorganized.They started 10 minutes late and some interviewers said they were not aware that they were interviewing until the last minute.They were completely not prepared and had no idea what position i was interviewing for.
    I would say the engineers were smart and knew their product in and out,but the management seemed confused and disarrayed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. One phone IV with team lead, then onsite in Bay Area. There were five interviews. All asked mostly questions about my work, and some basic programming questions. All grilled me on register allocation. If you work in a specialized field, don't expect to be treated like a new grad. Research the subject matter outside of your bubble at work and things will go more smoothly. Make sure you can generalize without referring to your team's specific data structures.

Interview Questions

• You have a dump of last 48 kb of instruction memory (not necessarily instruction-aligned, but ends at the last instruction). 16b instructions start with 0, 32b instructions start with 1. How to decode this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got refer from my advisor to work at a team in Samsung. My former research at my previous grad education is fit to the team, so I only got one general interview and then another interview for salary. The process is quick and I accepted the offer later.