KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Samsung Research America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 167 of over 167 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Samsung Research America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America

Interview

The interview was comparatively easy. They went over my resume first and my PhD research. Then asked basic questions about wireless communications and digital signal processing. the questions were not very hard but requires clear understanding of the topics.

Interview Questions
  • Channel estimation methods, calculating the probability of events.
    Answer Question

Samsung Research America

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America

Interview

One round Mostly behavioral Good experience interviewing Bad Recruiter experience Followed up multiple times for result but no response after multiple tries, moved on to other options Prepare resume points thoroughly and be ready to dive deep into details

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Samsung Research America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in Apr 2022

Interview

3 steps: 1) (remote) multiple choice questions about programming and ML + one programming exercise 2) (remote) deep learning project to do in one week 3) oral technical interview (around 1 hour) with Samsung engineer.

Interview Questions
  • questions about my research, question about deep learning, questions about programming (data structure etc.), questions about general computer science

Samsung Research America

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in Mar 2022

Interview

I applied for 2022 Intern Software Engineer, ML Platform at NEON team. The job description mentioned ML-related concepts such as model hyperparameters tuning and experience in building and maintaining machine learning models. Also, HR said the focus would be on ML concepts. However, the interviewer started by asking between C++ and python, followed by multi-threading and software concepts followed by the coding question. And only 5 minutes of ML concepts in the end. The title of this position is misleading. This position is for core software developers with little or no Experience in ML and not for ML engineers. Please don't waste time here if you are looking for ML interns. Based on my experience, I don't think their teams know what exactly they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between Python and C++ when allocating memory for a list?
2 people found this interview helpful

Samsung Research America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America

Interview

Phone screening and interview with HRteam it is basic questions for the job it takes in an hour Phone screening and interview with HRteam it is basic questions for the job it takes in an hour

Samsung Research America

Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America

Interview

Interview with internal recruiter for 15 minutes, then hiring manager for a longer interview. Recruiter was a non-technical interview, while hiring manager asked basic technical questions. Not many questions asked about experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and informed about the interview. A disinterested interviewer who is not related to the team or role you applied for comes to interview you. He has no interest in knowing about you or the work you did. The recruiter says to expect an interview that checks your knowledge on QA and other concepts related to automation. But the disinterested interviewer comes and gives you a link to codility test and does nothing. He is not interested to listen to the logic, he just wants the code to run and give results. It is a leetcode medium question. Obviously , there is no communication between the recruiter and the people who are interviewing. If they just wanted a test to run and give results, why waste time? They could send the test online and filter people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Average interview, but unprofessional interviewer! Out of 4 interviewers during virtual onsite, one was very nice, 2 were okayish, and one was VERY unprofessional (he kinda shouted at me). In fact, after that bad interviewer round, I was sure that I would be denying the offer and I denied. Samsung really needs to train their interviewers. Not only they are giving time, but we do also take out time for the almost whole day interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

First round is an online test which consist of 10 multiple choice question based on knowledge of signal processing (sampling theory, window function, image processing). Second round is an online test with 4 open-answer questions.

Interview Questions
  • Select a suitable window function to mitigate the banding noise in the image data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Hastings-on-Hudson, NY) in Nov 2021

Interview

Received an online access a few days after submitting the online application. The online accessment consists of around 20 multi-choice questions and a programming question. May take 70-90mins totally. It seems like it sents out a lot of OA to the applicants.

Interview Questions
  • Around 20 multi-choice questions about math, computer vision and machine learning basic knowledge. Also a programming question about DFS for 30 mins.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Interviews

Samsung Research America Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Samsung Research America as 46.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Staff Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Samsung Research America takes an average of 21 days when considering 167 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Staff Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 36 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Samsung Research America according to 167 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.75%