Samsung Research America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the chance from campus career fair. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. Two algorithms question were asked. Because I prepared for job-hunting so late that both the questions I didn't solve before the interview. But the interviewer was nice to explaining and discuss the question clearly so I can get some hints by active communication.

Interview Questions

• One was three sum and one was longest common subsequence. Both are from leetcode.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

OMG.
    Worst experience.
    In the entire process YOU need to follow up with them not them following up with you.

The initial HR sent me a coding challenge. They want Java only. YES. JAVA ONLY LOL.

So I submitted my answers, I doubt if anyone can do better on those questions. Never heard back.
    Next I kept asking the Hr if there's any update and out of the blue they replied that their amazing team is not willing to move forward.

Thanks for wasting my time and effort. Don't ever go into this company. It already has poor reviews on here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

Phone Interview - I talked with manager at Samsung Pay team
    Onsite Interview - 5 people, Most of them are coding interview questions. One is very weired question but I don't remember. Everything looks fine
    I got an offer but making an official letter is really slow.

EE/Prototype Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

Applied on company website. Got an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview. I gave my suitable day and time for phone interview and was flexible to change it.Recruiter didn't confirmed so after following up she told to give availability for next week.Again I gave my time availability for entire week,no confirmation for interview.Even after following up for two weeks she never replied. After three weeks again same job was posted on LinkedIn again contacted recruiter no response.

Don't waste time of job seekers!

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview. Discussions around the role, the team, and company culture. Many questions regarding relevant experience and how it would impact the organization. Positive, professional and responsive recruiter and coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager has experience in personality profiling, which made the interview a bit more tense when they shared this information.   Answer Question

Promotions Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me describing the job description and going over my experience. She worked for Axelon and was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire process. I got a phone interview with the manager and she mainly went over my experience and some problem solving questions. I ended up getting an in-person interview. It was all problem solving questions asking what feature I would add to solve this problem and how I would implement it to a developer team. I thought it went well and after answering her last question she asked if I wanted feedback now or later. I have never had an interviewer ask me, but of course I wanted to know what she thought. She told me that I was in her top three candidates and my answers were very good, but there was a candidate that had developing experience, where I don't have much of a technical background. She told me that if she doesn't end up giving me the job and I want a career in tech, that should work on being more technical, such as read every day about the industry. I have never had someone be so honest with me and offer me advice to help me get a job in the future. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience and gave me something to work on.

Interview Questions

• Name an app that you do not like and how would you change it to be more successful?   Answer Question
    • What feature would you add to the Samsung Pay app to acquire more customers? Draw out a screen flow chart of your vision.   Answer Question
    • A developer is already working on a project and says he does not have time to take on your new project, how would you convince him/her that your project is significant?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in May 2017.

Interview

First round, is 1-hour Skype interview with 3 people. Asking questions about my projects about 40 minutes, and left 20 minutes for some coding questions. Feel difficult because do not fit this position quite well.

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a mail from an employee of samsung research america and did phone interview twice.
    I've got an offer from human resource team, but I didn't accept the offer.
    The salary was average.

Interview Questions

• Comparison between general-purpose processor and special-purpose processor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

its good. he asked a lot basic programming language knowledge. like what is dead lock? and then he asked some previous project experience, and and why do you choose samsung? why do you think you match this position,

Interview Questions

• how do you do do when you don't have enough information to start a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round senior product manager. Ask about data analysis and some questions according to resume. 2nd round data scientist asked about thread safety and some ML algorithms 3rd round coding assignment.

Product Innovation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Samsung asked me to do a 10-20 slide PowerPoint presentation (for FREE).

They told me to "leverage whatever data you have at your disposal to support your argument." I spent two weeks on the deck only for them to tell me it was a "data dump."

Samsung claims to be an innovative company, yet they ask candidates to do work for free. Scandalous! I regret not telling this company my true feelings. No other company has asked me to do "homework" during the interview process except Samsung.

Interview Questions

• Question 1: If you were to develop a category called “Smart Home Appliances” from scratch, how would you define “smart” appliances and what types of concepts come to your mind (at the platform level?)

Question 2: The refrigerator is traditionally not thought of as a technology product but as a key appliance used by the entire household, it occupies a central role in the kitchen. Are there opportunities for the refrigerator to become a technology appliance as well as a home appliance? What consumer benefits/scenarios should we support and what technologies (hardware and/or software) are needed to enable this to happen?

Question 3: One of the most polarizing “innovations” to cooking has been the microwave oven. Despite widespread adoption, many professionals despise them. Present your point-of-view on the impact the microwave oven has had on modern cooking and then introduce a lifestyle trend that could influence the evolution of the microwave. Then present your idea for the microwave, evolved.

Question 4: Samsung currently manufactures large scale appliances. Do you think there is an opportunity for Samsung to play in the small appliance space? If so, what do you see as the market and product opportunity?   1 Answer