Sargent & Lundy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

It was awesome! A one on one interview, or multiple one on one interviews make the whole experience much efficient and more focused!
    Honestly I was sutisfied even if I dont get an offer it was still a really cool experience! And a complimentary lunch?? Sign me up lol

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experiences and how would they exactly apply for the new role!   Answer Question

Entry-Level Transmission Line Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was contacted by the HR to set up a phone interview with their hiring manager. The phone interview was very casual and just going over my resume. It lasted about 15 min. Two days after the phone interview I was again contacted by the HR to set up a onsite interview. I did the onsite interview 2 weeks later. The onsite interview included 4 interviews (30min/each) and out to lunch with one of the engineers. Each interview was pretty laid back. The questions were behavioral and situational. One business day later, I heard back about their decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview by Human Resources. I met with 5 structural engineers from the department for about 30 minutes each. Questions mostly pertained to my resume and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing to leave your current position   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

A typical hiring process. Wonderful people and I was very much glad to have met with the recruiters. H.R. worked very well with you to ensure the process went smoothly and that you did not miss any steps.

Very adamant about computer skills, self-sufficiency, and work ethic.

I was not offered a position however, I would very much like to apply for this company if a position opens up again.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy.

Interview

it was a long interview, roughly 8 people interviewing you every person for 30 mins. most of time they sell company rather than talk to you or ask any question.

Interview Questions

• Explain everything on resume   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Traditional and straight-forward. It occurred during the last week of December in 1996, before Glassdoor existed. The interview was less than 4 hours long total. I met engineers, a manager and an HR person.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, checking my work history and sharing my experiences of them as a firm that my previous employer did business with.   1 Answer

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it was an extensive, 3+ meeting, hours long, process, with different individuals and multiple at the same time. department heads and CEO"s sitting in asking questions sometimes. it can be very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about drawing of power connections and equipment. Do you ask questions   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a brief phone interview and then an in person interview at their Chicago office. I person I interviewed with a senior manager, three supervisors and one younger person. The interview also included an informal lunch out.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know the skills I had outside of the job requirements, to determine if I had salable skills that fit in one of their existing contracting areas.   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience with auditing   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer - Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Not an intimidating interview. They seemed more intent on selling S&L than grilling me, which was nice. If you make it to the interview stage, you have a very good shot at an offer, as they seem to do most of their vetting before it gets to that stage.

Interview Questions

• So do you think you'd enjoy working here?   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, the second intervirw was at the office. Got an offer in few days after being interviewed, started working 2 or 3 weeks after accepting the offer