Sargent & Lundy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with a representative from HR first, then sat down for a half hour each with four separate engineers from various levels within the substation team of the power and delivery unit. I then had lunch with the Senior Manager of the substation engineering team. Interview lasted four and half hours total. I was put up in a hotel the night before as I was coming in from out of town. The whole interview process blew me away and was impressive to say the least. The interview questions were a mix of behavioral, some technical, but most questions were really aimed at gauging my level of interest in both the company and the type of work that I would be doing. I did a lot of research on the company's website and thought a lot about the company's rich history and standing in the power industry and the consulting and EPC space. That went a long way in me being informed about what the company does, allowing me to ask pointed questions that were meaningful and let the team know that I cared enough to ask them. Offer was great and I didn't negotiate.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about relays?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What was the most important concept that stuck out from your power systems analysis course?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy.

Interview

It was a day long interview process. You met with 5 different engineers in your discipline and department. They asked you typical questions and what you did in past jobs. It was all pretty standard. They have an engineer take you out to lunch as part of the process as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good. They were open to hear me out and responded in a timely manner.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy.

Interview

get phone call from HR and then follow up with interview with managers at office. interview was at office and organized in order to meet managers and supervisors. They took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• past experience, more personal rather than technical   1 Answer

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it was an extensive, 3+ meeting, hours long, process, with different individuals and multiple at the same time. department heads and CEO"s sitting in asking questions sometimes. it can be very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about drawing of power connections and equipment. Do you ask questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

A typical hiring process. Wonderful people and I was very much glad to have met with the recruiters. H.R. worked very well with you to ensure the process went smoothly and that you did not miss any steps.

Very adamant about computer skills, self-sufficiency, and work ethic.

I was not offered a position however, I would very much like to apply for this company if a position opens up again.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Multiple 30-minute sessions with multiple interviewers. The interview also included a lunch with two engineers who were more recent graduates.

Negotiation

Very attractive offer and no negotiation required.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with several engineers on a one to one basis. It was mostly behavioral questions, with some discussion about education. Went to lunch to continue where the discussion was the same.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I found the job posting online and applied directly to the company, soon after I heard back via email that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. Soon after I was flown to Chicago where I met with 5 people one-on- one with various experiences within the company as well as a lunchtime meeting. The next day I was offered a job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain some of the technical projects I had worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate with this being my first job out of college, although I wish I would have.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I first talked to Sargent & Lundy through my university career fair. They told me to apply online at my career service website as well as their company website. A short while later, I received a phone call from an HR representative saying that they're interested in me, and that an email will follow. I was invited to interview at the Chicago headquarters. The interview process was very easy and relaxed. It was a day long procedure involving 4 interviews. I talked to 2 Senior Associates from my respective discipline (I&C), had lunch with 2 Associates, and talked to the I&C Manager. My day ended with an interview with the HR employee. Each session listed took about 30-45 minutes (lunch took about an hour, but it was purely conversational) and it mostly involved the employees telling me what they do at Sargent and Lundy. No case questions, technical questions, or even behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about my resume/experiences. The discipline lead then asked me why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

There were 5 people schedule for interviewing me for at least 25 minutes/each. Each interviewer asked about experience and how to relate this with the position being interviewed for.

Many questions were about how a person reacts in certain scenarios and other were quite technical. Being prepare about what the company does for business is helpful when interviewing with them

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience on your previous work would be relevant on this position?   Answer Question

Associate III Interview

Interview

Pretty much, if they fly you out for an interview, they want you for the job. The "interview" mostly consisted of them telling me about the company and my what I would do at my position. Their weren't really any difficult questions. It felt more like I was reviewing them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use specific software packages associated with the work?   Answer Question