Sbarro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sbarro (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Very casual, I actually interviewed in my primary job's uniform (just finished working) Was told I would get a call from the GM for a second interview which really turned out to be him telling me to stop by after work and fill out paperwork (2 food court jobs) First day was that following Tuesday

Interview Questions

• What are your roles at current position? What's your schedule like? Comfortable in front of the ovens?   Answer Question
    • *Note* The interview process has significantly changed sense I interviewed, 2010 was a long time ago haha   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sbarro (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Great questions, present interview professional individuals , the best interview ever, good opportunity and best benefits for the right candidate, looking to have a career in the hospitality industry then choose Sbarro

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sbarro (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My first interview ever !Gm askid me typical questions "describe yourself...hobbies?why work here?" I barley gave good answers.you just need to smile have alto and have availability on weekends.its super easy to get a job here.age requirement is 16

Negotiation

Not

Line Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sbarro (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in person, I called them back within a week and said I was checking up on an application I turned submitted.. I was told to come in at certain date for an interview. (Basically if you call they actually go through your application because they usually just have them in a drawer sitting there)

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? Have you ever worked at a pizza place? Why sbarro? How can you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sbarro (Elizabeth, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The lady was nice she just asked a few questions off the paper. It was fairly easy and the questions didn't require much thought. It was a one on one interview and it was at the food court. I spoke to her for a while about different subjects. Then she asked me to go to a second interview with someone who will question me on how would I treat different situations.

Interview Questions

• How many interviews you had before this one?
      Do you have an experience with food?
      How would you respond if a customer said "this is my first time here."
      Can you upsell?
      How long do you plan on working here?
      Answer Question

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sbarro (Port St Lucie, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I basically walked up asked for an application a week later I got a call in for an interview. I came in we sat in the food court and I was asked the stereotypically job interview questions. At the end of the interview he said if my background check came back clean I'd get the job (it did) came back like 3 days later filled out paper work started 2 days after that.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sbarro (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

I was connected to the CEO through a mutual friend. He asked me to speak with his Chief People Officer. The CPO set up a phone call that was to be 15-20 minutes in length. That was the first red flag. How can anyone possibly learn much about a candidate for a senior executive position in only 15-20 minutes?

He started the call by saying he had looked at my LinkedIn profile. This wasn't surprising to me because it's very normal for both companies and candidates to do research on LinkedIn. But, he made it sound like he had found a secret trove of information.

The CPO then asked me only about my last 2-3 years of work. He didn't ask me anything about the prior 15 years, which is mind boggling to me. This shows a lack of preparation and an inability to interview senior candidates well. Most of his experience is interviewing people for positions in restaurants.

His tone was negative and brusque throughout the call. Many people with industry backgrounds similar to mine have entered the restaurant industry at a senior level. I have interviewed for similar jobs at other restaurant companies (none of whom have been in bankruptcy once, much less twice) and received much more positive reactions.

Also, he displayed a bias against people who have been with multiple employers throughout their careers. He seemed unable to understand that downsizing can occur in a random way at companies, despite his being employed at Sbarro only because his previous boss contacted him as he was "leaving" Wendy's.

The person who is currently in this position has not done well, to put it mildly. Since the CPO had to have a role in hiring this person, it demonstrates that he really doesn't understand the proper skill sets needed to fill this executive position. Unfortunately for candidates, he has known the CEO for 15 years which means that the CPO will likely be in that role for a while. It also means that the CEO really doesn't understand what is needed for an executive level position.

All in all, when someone from a company shows a bad attitude and is unprepared to have a reasonable dialogue during an interview, those are signs that it's not a great employer and should be avoided.

Interview Questions

• Couldn't you have gotten a different job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sbarro (Murray, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

The manager just asked me what I thought they could do better and then gave me the job. Pretty easy to get hired, because everyone quits due to bad employee treatment.

Hospitality Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

I applied in person and was called a few hours later to come in for an interview the following evening. This company was the third interview I had ever had, so I was a bit nervous. I interviewed with the general manager and the process was extremely strange. He didn't really ask me anything of value -- other than what I go to school for and what my career plans were. Other than that, all he did was talk about himself and what the position requires. I was offered a job on the spot and was taken into the store to do my background check and fill out new-hire paperwork. I was really iffy about the job and the professionalism of the management, but I took it anyways because I was a desperate first-year, broke college student. I started that weekend.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for $8.00/hr on my application, but the manager told me he would pay $8.50.

Steam Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sbarro (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Was brought in and asked basic questions, process took about three weeks and I started right away. They worked me abnormally hard and I got little to no compensation for the amount of work that I did and how far out of the way I went for this company. I literally went completely against my judgement in order to help another store out, and all I got in return was an assistant manager who screamed at me and smoked in the back when the store was closed.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?
      What talents or skills do you have to bring to this job?
      How is your customer service skills?
      Answer Question