Scentsy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID).

Interview

Not terribly difficult, just know fundamental OOP concepts and be able to manipulate basic data types and structures. Testing is important; any code you write should include at least some tests to verify functionality. If you've completed a Data Structures and Algorithms course, you should be prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Out of respect for Scentsy, I will refrain from posting interview questions.   1 Answer

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

4 Interview process
    *Initial qualification/interest interview with internal recruiter
    *Phone interview with future supervising manager
    *On site interview with members from future scrum team
    *On site interview with outside management and IT management

Questions were largely about cultural fit, environment preferences, experience and technical experience.

Technical interview included mock testing test

Interview Questions

• Rather not disclose interview out of professional courtesy.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

They called, asked a few questions and scheduled an interview. When I got to the building, I was brought into a conference room off the main lobby. There were three other people there. One asked questions and the other two sat there mostly quite. One lady came in with a laptop and sat typing the entire time. I assumed she was transcribing the interview, but no one ever told me what she was doing. It was awkward. At the end, she jumped up and said "ok, I'll walk you out" and it was finished that quickly. I expected to have a tour of the building or something. After reading the reviews of the company, I had thought people would be much happier and upbeat. The employees do not act as happy as they are made out to be on the online video at the company website. I left the interview thinking that the place was not a good fit for me. They sent an email a week later saying another candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all directed at my knowledge and scope of testing ability. There were no standard interview questions, no "what are your goals", etc.   Answer Question

Scentsy Response

Apr 1, 2016

We are sorry you felt your experience was not as favorable as expected. For positions of this nature, we typically do multiple rounds of interviews. The first interview is generally more focused on... More

Social Media Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scentsy.

Interview

Pretty easy. I was interviewed first over the phone by HR, then in-person by the team manager with HR present. Then did a writing test. I got the feeling they were testing my personality more than my skills, and later said they like to hire the "right personalities" because then they can teach them anything. I found this weird being fairly experienced, that they weren't as interested in that.

Shipping Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Scentsy (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

It was a one on one interview with just HR and the GM. If you worked as a temp before getting the job permanently, then they really don't ask a lot. They kind of just want to get to know you during the interview. I just had to bring in my resume and they asked about my work history mainly.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years career-wise?
      Name a time you took a role in leadership.
      How many work days do you think you can miss in a year? etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online in July and received a call back to schedule a phone interview in September. I interviewed over the phone with the VP of IT who was very personable, my phone interview exceeded my expectations and for the first time in a while...I was genuinely excited after getting off the phone from a phone interview. Next step was a "team interview" in person. I interviewed with a panel of developers (I believe 5) plus the VP of IT. They asked a series of questions relating to previous experiences, how I would architect certain things, what design patterns I had worked with etc. Some questions were straight forward, others I believe were designed to be above my skill level and I get the impression this was how they gauge if someone will be a good culture fit with the group. In conclusion of the interview, one of the devs told me working with the group of devs at Scentsy has been one of the best groups they've had the opportunity to work with.

Interview Questions

• When preparing to take your application (at a previous employer) to a server farm, what were some things you needed to change/consider in order to allow the application to continue working on any node in a server farm?   1 Answer

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

They were pretty quick at calling me into an interview. Just driving up to their new building in Meridian was a majestic experience that really made me want to get the job (they even have go-carts and a cafeteria). They wanted to be clear that you were to work sometime 7-6 Monday to Friday with some occasional Saturdays. They first called me at my current job for an interview screening, where I stated I'd be okay with about $16/hr and it was flexible.

I went in for 2 interviews. They first was with HR and a departmental manager. The second was with a departmental manager and team lead. There was also supposed to be a skills review, but their testing was down.

The interview process overall was very challenging, but rewarding. It stretched myself as an interviewer, making me think critically and sometimes outside the box. HR's approach to the situation was not effective. They offered me 2/3 of the proposed offer, which in my mind is below flexibility of wages from $16/hour. HR blamed me for the whole thing, saying I wasted their time by not being clear what I desired. I tried to counter offer, but HR wouldn't even talk to me. Just an e-mail stating that offer is final and please get your rejection letter in by the end of the week, which I did do. I've worked for close to $20/hour before (less than 2 years from interview), and they say they do take into account previous experience and wages, but I feel like they hardly did either, offering me what appears to be base pay for such a large and growing company.

I have worked with Scentsy before many, many years ago in their manufacturing as a temp, and I was thankful for a job, and all the full-time staff spoke wonders of the pay, benefits, and bonuses. I still desire to work for this company, but I wasn't going to flex out of my full-time state job that paid almost 3/4 of a dollar more for an entry-level position with much better benefits. (HR spoke as if they had the best benefits around.)

Don't care so much that Scentsy didn't budge on their wage, as they probably have many people that are willing to take very base pay at first to work for that company. But HR probably should have at least spoken with me directly, and tried to highlight company growth and potential advancement opportunities down the road, but there was no communication whatsoever. It was almost 'how dare you counteroffer!'. Saw some investment in me, I did get an offer, but minimal investment at best.

I hope I have another experience with them soon that is more amiable and hospitable. The overall experience was still positive. I'm very thankful for the opportunity, but just some unnecessary road bumps along the way.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck in the middle of getting from point A to point B, and you really needed to get to point B, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Name an experience where you needed to deal with an unpleasant coworker?   1 Answer
    • What is a strength you have to bring to the job?   1 Answer

As noted in the process above, low pay and HR's lack to communicate regarding a counter offer.

Scentsy Response

Dec 1, 2015

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. Our apologies if there was poor communication regarding pay. It is our practice to be as transparent about pay as we can at the beginning of... More

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, had a phone interview, got a in house interview with Hiring manager and HR rep, Was a very nice new building, very friendly, relaxed interview, was for current employees as well as outside candidates, I think i was at a disadvantage because I did not have sales exp ( even though it was a supervisor job ) It was a basic interview, not behavioral,

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales exp, have you ever held a Scentsy party, have you ever fired anyone, Why do you want to work for Scensy   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID).

Interview

My high school had its annual intern fair for its juniors in the computer networking, media arts, programming, and pre-engineering pathways. I was a junior in the computer networking pathway that year and attended the job fair. Three people from Scentsy showed up and "interviewed" us on the spot. A couple of days later, I received a phone call for an interview at their headquarters. The interview was great and smooth and I wounded up getting the job.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scentsy (Meridian, ID) in April 2013.

Interview

It was quick and heard within a month that I was hired but it did take a month not knowing. I had one interview for a position where another candidate was chosen but they liked me and had me come back for another position where I was later hired.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer