Scheels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scheels Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

Home Decor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scheels (Johnstown, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. My first interview went great, I was told I would have a second interview. You have to take a lengthy written test, which is pretty intense for a job paying you $10/hr. The second interview manager was extremely rude, only wanted to give me 8 hours a week?!!! That's not even worth my gas to get there. They are just a company wanting to a hire a ton of super part time employees rather than anyone full time so that they don't have to pay benefits. There is absolutely no communication between management, I was told in my first interview that they would work with my schedule, then turns out the second manager says they couldn't. They basically only want people to work weekends so they can go home and don't have to. At the end of it all they sent me an email a week after the interview to tell me they weren't offering me the position. So unprofessional and impersonal. Put a horrible taste in my mouth to be honest don't even think I will shop here or recommend it to my friends and family. Extremely disappointing, I had heard great things about working for this place.

Interview Questions

• Manager wanted to know why I had gaps in my employment history. I'm a college student, everyone does. Most professional employers understand that students put school as a priority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scheels (Johnstown, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone call with basic questions about job history. Second interview was with HR, questions about my hobbies, volunteer work, favorite product that scheels sells. Make sure you have done research on the company, and what they sell, and their culture of giving back. After second interview I was given the aptitude test. You must do some simple math, correct some sentences with grammar and spelling mistakes and write a paragraph letter to a customer. Third interview was asking what strengths and weaknesses I'd bring to the cashier job. And at the end they offered me 2 different positions to choose from since I was a good fit for both.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scheels.

Interview

I was interviewed first by phone then in person. When I went to scheels for my interview it was a great experience although you do have to take some sort of short test

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Scheels (Rapid City, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was with one manager and lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was asked questions such as "What are some of your goals? What was one thing you failed at?, What part of our store are you drawn to when you shop here?" After the interview I completed the Long Application (test) which included writing a 40 word business letter, correcting misspelled words and grammar, percentages, terms affiliated with outdoor products and other interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that sets you apart or makes you unique?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Firearms Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scheels in May 2017.

Interview

Most ridiculous hiring process I have ever been through. 3 interviews and a written test for a job that pays near to $10 per hour? Not only that, I have 30+ years experience with firearms, been shooting all my life and was telling the manager facts about manufacturers that he didn't even know, and they still didn't hire me! I don't know exactly what level of personnel they are hiring but it sure isn't or shouldn't be the type that will settle for $10/hr.

Interview Questions

• What firearms manufacturer would you like to see that Scheels does not have in store currently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scheels (Bismarck, ND) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online which took about 10-15 minutes to complete. About 2 days later I received a call from HR who asked me some pretty basic questions. She then setup an interview at the store. I went and met my interviewer who asked me some pretty basic stuff again as well completing a written exam (the long form). About 3 days later I was called in for a second interview where the questions were a little more in depth then previous. I went home and about a week later I was called back in to talk about positions. They made me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in your life where you put someone else's need before your own?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scheels (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. took about two days. I was offered a job but they wanted me to work every weekend and holidays.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scheels (Sparks, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Applied online, got a call from HR and she asked a handful of easy, basic questions. Got called in for live interview with HR Manager at local Scheels store. HR person was very friendly and asked basic interview questions

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scheels (Fargo, ND).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening and then a one-on-one interview. During this first interview, I was asked questions, asked to complete a test; which included having to write a business letter, correcting misspelled words and solving simple math calculations. I was then called back for a second interview, where I was asked a few more questions by a different manager and told I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions; as long as you have work or team experience you will do great   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scheels (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

1) Applied online. 2) Got unexpected call from HR and she asked a handful of easy, basic questions. 3) Got called in for live interview with HR Manager at local Scheels store. HR person was very friendly and asked basic interview questions. Took aptitude test with math, spelling, grammar questions. It was an in depth test that took about an hour to complete (it was timed). 4) Got called back to interview with department Manager(s) at local Scheels store. Very laid back people and very nice. They asked basic questions. 5) Got call from HR to interview with HR senior manager at local Scheels store. They offered me a part-time position but I declined because I needed more hours. 6) Interviewed with a different department manager at local Scheels store. Again, basic interview questions. 7) Got call from Scheels that I got the job pending background & drug test. 8) Met with HR final time to go over job specifics.

It was a long (2+ weeks) process. In the end, I accepted the position based on their flexibility, pay, hours, benefits. Everyone I interviewed with was very personable, loved their jobs, and were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had GOOD customer service; Describe a situation you had BAD customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated from part time to full time.