Scoular Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.9

Merchandising Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview started off with a couple basic personality/aptitude tests. After that I sat down with a recruiter. We went over my resume and asked pretty basic behavioral based questions. The interviewer was very nice and easy to get along with. Overall a positive experience but I did not get an offer.

BMT Interview

Interview

General behavior based questions. Interviewed with 4 or 5 people. Skills/personality testing. Asked about interest in position. Focused on willingness to move around and live in smaller, rural communities. Offer came a few days after interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process involved personality test, which is common in this industry. Sat and talked with handful of upper management individually. Felt very comfortable in interview process. Everyone was very kind and respectful.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Stillwater, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with an operation facility manager for the first round of the interview process. He was very interested in the experience that I had in grain production as well as merchandising. There was also a focus on decision making experience in a management role at a previous place of employment. The interviewer was very cordial and seemed interested in my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have with grain merchandising?   Answer Question

Business Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company.

Interview

I got a hold of an HR person and we talked for a little while. They had me send them my resume and take a personal cognitive test. After that they set up a phone interview with the recruitment person for Business Manager. Everyone was extremely friendly, not an intimidating experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe one time when you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with 5-6 different people, all from base interview room.
    Travel arrangements were largely on me to facilitate - their representation of the interview process and specifics about the position were quite vague.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience.
      Do you know so-and-so?
      They walked through their processes at a high level.
      Their systems really are quite custom-made and backwards.
      All interviewers were men, symptomatic of that industry.
      Answer Question

Merchandiser II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was very casual, assessing exactly what you are looking for. It helps them determine what open positions you would be the best fit for. Once you get past that, they know you would fit and its time for the management to decide if any of them are interested in bringing you on. In-person interview consists of a Wonderlic Test, as well as face-to-face interviews with 3-4 upper management. Again, overall pretty casual. Primarily assessing your how well you present yourself as an individual.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe have examples of your past work, key contributions you were responsible for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They present you with an offer, it's up to you to counter-offer. Made a counter-offer but was told the offer I was given was the best they could do. Not sure if they were bluffing, most likely after getting to know them they were.

Business Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was so worried going into this interview because of what I read on here. I could not be more please with the entire process. They were truly genuine. Flew me into Kansas City, made it work with my schedule even offered to buy me lunch when I was there.

Interview Questions

• They honestly just tried to sell the company to me. I hardly answered any questions, just some regarding my classes.   Answer Question

Had a previous job offer with another company. This company seemed risky to me and did not know where I would be located until a few months prior to the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at University/College, take a personality exam, then basic interview process. Was straight forward. Had you describe challenges and how you overcame them, really like to get to know your personality to see if you can deal with the pressures of the job

International Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Given a Wonderlic Test and a personality test. Interviewed by your direct supervisor, the next level up, and another manger.

Negotiation

I was a contractor, so no negotiation.