SeaChange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeaChange (Acton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the internship and heard back a few days later. There was a phone interview and then I was invited in for an in person interview. During the in person interview I met with the hiring managers that I would be working with and that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How have your past experiences qualified you for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SeaChange (Acton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted through phone. Then they got back with an email to set up an interview at office sit. At office I was interviewed by two managers. I received an offer letter in 2 weeks. I was asked to join in two weeks. I was intern for couple of months.

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SeaChange (Acton, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

My interview was with the hiring manager and two coworkers. Each person had a different set of questions. All of the questions turned out to be relevant. I sat with each person individually. Everyone was polite and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Please highlight the SQA process.   1 Answer

Technical Services Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeaChange (Acton, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially applied online.Then i was contacted by HR manager. I had an phone screening,Later i was scheduled for an onsite with HR manager and 4 Senior Managers. I was offered job a week later.
    Good company and people to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaChange (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, another engineer, and a manager for another group

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a good offer and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SeaChange (Mountain View, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First they contacted me over email. Then almost 2 months later I got a call. He briefed about the company and their work. Later in another day he interviewed me over the phone for around 90 minutes. Mostly all questions are related to my current work. He had asked some OS basics and DVB domain related questions. After few weeks he said, I have to meet VP of the company and he would take the final decision. As per that I went to the company and met VP and president. They received me nicely and showed me office and asked some other questions. The whole interview process was nice except few delays at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions on general topics. Otherwise they have asked my domain related questions like what is PAT, PMT etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I already had a offer before attending this interview, so I bargained the initial salary. They almost matched what I asked. I was satisfied.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SeaChange (Milpitas, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted through Linked-in. First Telephonic round. Mostly related to previous projects and domain related questions. Later office visit. Interviewed with multiple people. Everything went very well. They are actually looking for people like me as I've more experience in that domain. Some of the questions like, what was your most challenging bug and how did you resolve it etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good. I negotiated more than what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SeaChange (Fort Washington, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Met with four people including the head of the division. Several questions on programming in C & C++; windows programming, builds, SVN, Debugging, cable experience, video streaming questions.
    Tools and techniques used to troubleshoot field problems. Software development life cycle process, (agile or waterfall - pros and cons).

Interview Questions

• Written test and a lot of programming questions by various people. OOP concepts, debugging, memory leaks etc etc..   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaChange (Acton, MA) in September 2008.

Interview

I went through one phone interview and two on-site interviews. Everybody was nice and friendlier, with very few technical questions. SeaChange has a great work-life balance structure.

Interview Questions

• How do you compare water fall vs agile development process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they made me an excellent offer.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaChange (Eindhoven (Netherlands)).

Interview

I was in and out of there in no time, it seemed as though they had made up their mind on one of the earlier applicants, or they where looking for a specific person friend or relative... Although they claimed to be an extremely busy company, with bleeding edge technology and very few time to spend on everything, this was one of the shortest interview I had ever... (and I normally interview very well)...so for me, they could have just called me and told me that they had found a suitable candidate already and saved me the trouble of going there...

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions - good and bad qualities, why do you want to work for us, what do you bring to our company, where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer