Security Industry Specialists Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Industry Specialists Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.3

Intel Analyst Interview

Interview

good easy fun not hard but weird and and and and it was great i felt a little unprepared because i did not prepare night before but did well and process nice did well and went okay

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very well conducted. The questions were mostly based off my resume and my prior experience. There are some, "What would you do" questions too. All the questions were straightforward and I enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions

• 1. What did you like most about your previous job?
      2. What did you like least about your previous job?
      3. When was the last time your supervisor/manager criticized you and what was your response?
      4. If an arrogant visitor without the proper badge demands to be let in the building, how would you react and respond?
      5. If you see someone collapsed on the floor, what would you do?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I originally applied for a supervisory position in Oregon, but was informed I didn't quite qualify and was offered to interview for a regular officer position instead. Aside for that letdown, my experience was pretty positive and worth noting here.

I had been offered to interview for security officer in Beaverton, OR but was forced to relocate to the Tacoma, WA area due to personal reasons. The SIS people worked with me and offered an interview for a position near Seattle.

The interview was easy. Typical interview questions. They like officers who make long-term commitments (i.e., don't be a security company-hopper, work more than a year at a company, and express interests in climbing their ranks).

SIS seems like a good company to work for, they're certainly making an impression in Seattle. They pay for public transit.

They aren't a small security company (like I had originally assumed), and are growing fairly quickly. Definitely a company to consider working for if you're breaking into the Security field or willing to climb the ranks by starting at the bottom.

I was offered an interview for a higher paying position with them. Had the pay been a little over $20/hr, I would have considered it. Seattle was just too far away for me. I ended up accepting ADOS orders at JBLM, which is closer, and declined further interviews.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists.

Interview

Met with a team of developers for the first interview loop. This team has never had a project manager to work with. All developers report to the CFO (which I think is weird).

They seemed like a solid group of developers but they didn't really know what they wanted. They advertised for a PM but really needed a Lead Development Manager.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists.

Interview

This interview process was easy but lasted way too long ( 2 almost 3 weeks). they phone screen you and interview twice. the second interview was like 1 hour long. So make sure you have time to waste.

Interview Questions

• literally ALL the questions were about what I do on my free time. Not job related, felt like I was interviewing to be their friends.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (Culver City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a job board and was contacted for an interview a couple days later. Spoke with an RC who then went over my resume, explained the position in depth, then asked me if I had any questions. We set up a time and I met with the corporate recruiter the day of my in person interview.

Finance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was very casual, managers want to get to know you more than technicality. They will ask you general questions related to the financial field such as billing, invoicing and speaking with people.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

They will ask you a lot of basic questions pertaining to the role of a security guard. If you've done it in the past it'll be very easy. If you have not, just use common sense, really. During your initial phone screen interview, make sure you ask them what costs are involved with accepting this position.

There are high costs (about $130 total) that they did not tell me prior to onboarding paperwork. Aside from these upfront costs, you will have to repay the licensing fee annually. This is where I decided to move on from accepting the role as I have never had to pay fees when employed by a company. There may be other costs that I had not yet discovered. Make sure you ask this specific question otherwise they will not inform you of it until, literally, the very last minute. I received an email from them while I was sitting in their lobby 5 minutes prior to starting my onboarding paperwork. There is absolutely no excuse for them to have not shared this information with me in the initial interview.

Aside from this issue, the people there are friendly which made dealing with this much easier. It definitely was a disappointment. Had they stated the costs involved with this position in the original job posting (Craig's List, Indeed and their website) I would not have applied.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone you did not recognize, seeming uncomfortable or lost, what would you do?   1 Answer

They did not tell me about the costs involved with the Security Specialist role until five minutes before my onboarding paperwork, putting me in a completely awkward position. There's no excuse for a company to not be transparent about the costs involved with accepting a position at their company. I felt this was disrespectful to me, my time and showed a lack of integrity on their part.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists.

Interview

I initially had phone screen and then was scheduled for an interview with the corporate recruiter a few days later. After my in person interview, I was then scheduled for an interview with the senior manager. After that interview, I met with the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next few years? What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Security Industry Specialists (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two months ago, I attended an interview screening. First I talked to a woman who I would be replacing. She was great at telling me about my job and asking open-ended questions to understand my skills. Then I talked to the interviewer, and it got weird. I should add that he was very late.

Interview Questions

• Did you notice that all our offices are named after cigars? In our other location, they are named after liquors. We have an open-bar policy, and sometimes at the end of the day, people will have a drink, but we never get drunk. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer
    • We have an alpha-male culture, but we are not sexist. [In their defence, this is a security company with lots of army guys.] Decisions are made top-down and we want to keep it that way.   1 Answer
    • What are your interests?   Answer Question

Security Industry Specialists Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Social Media Marketing Manager

Hello -- we have internally discussed your interview and apologize about your negative experience. To clarify, the person who made comments to you regarding our culture was not your official... More