SemanticBits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SemanticBits Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2018

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SemanticBits.

Interview

The process consisted of a 30 minute call discussing what tech I know, then a one-hour long pair programming session to consume an express.js http endpoint, and then a 10 minute call with an executive.

I was upfront with the company about my salary demands (130K) before I started the process. I completed the process, and the executive I talked to told me they were going to send me a job offer the next morning.

Ultimately, the offer never came, and after reaching out to the company, they said they didn't wish to move forward.

I think I dodged a bullet. Good thing I didn't make any major life decisions until I have the offer letter.

Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Why does the "id" attribute on an object not equally in the http param   1 Answer

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thank you for reviewing our application and interview process. It is unfortunate that we weren’t a good match. As you noted, recruitment is time-consuming and has a number of moving parts. Feedback... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SemanticBits.

Interview

I found it very unprofessional and shady. I personally would stay away from
    Them. After multiple interviews they just seemed shady based on their requests and they never get back to you. My advice stay away

Interview Questions

SemanticBits Response

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re sorry that your impression of our interview process was so negative. We ask our candidates to interview with several members of our team and... More

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SemanticBits.

Interview

I'm pretty disappointed in the professionalism of this company and their interview process. There were three interviews: a quick screen, a two person interview and then a one on one.

After every interview I would send my thank you for the interview email and then still had to keep reaching out to prompt them for a response. I submitted work samples after the second interview and they said they loved it. After every interview they always replied back with compliments to me and my work, assuring me they wanted to move forward with the interview and apologized for their process. I waited for the last interview for 30 minutes before the interviewer sent me an email saying they couldn't make it. Once we rescheduled and talked I sent my thank you for the interview and never heard anything back. It's very unprofessional to have a person go through that process and then never get a reply with a thank you but we're selecting another candidate. They seem very unorganized and haphazard and after all of that I'm lucky that they didn't make me an offer. I can only imagine what it must be like to work in that environment.

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thank you for reviewing our application and interview process. We’re sorry that your experience was disappointing. As you point out, the process is lengthy. We ask that you meet with a number of our... More

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SemanticBits in August 2017.

Interview

It was several phone calls over the course of 4-5 weeks and included a background check and a technical challenge. I think the interview process there were using was fairly new and there were a couple of hiccups along the way, but all in all it was pretty good.

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write an interview review. We’re glad that you felt the experience was good. Your feedback is helpful in improving our process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SemanticBits (Westlake, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process overall took about 2 weeks and was completely remote (the position was a remote position). I was initially scheduled to do a non-technical interview followed by a technical interview to be scheduled afterwards, however they made a last minute change and had be reschedule for a technical interview only (not sure why).

The technical interview involved a screen share with one of their developers who provided a NodeJS API repository and an AngularJS client side application to clone. When I attempted to start the AngularJS application and work in it I informed the interviewer that I'd feel more comfortable using Angular 2.0+. He was very understanding and allowed me to clone an Angular 2.0 seed project and work off that. I was allowed to use whatever resources at my disposal to solve the problem he gave me (my preferred tools, googling things I didn't know off hand, etc).

I was asked to make a call to the API from the client and have it display the returned results on the screen and allow the user to update the information and send it back to the API. The API intentionally had a small bug it that I was asked to find and fix.

The interview lasted about 2 hours and I was allowed to ask any questions about the company and the interviewer's experience I wanted in the last 15 minutes or so.

I ended up receiving an offer, in the official offer letter it said I had 24 hours to respond, but I had other offers I was waiting on so I asked for a week extension. They granted it.

Overall a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Write code from a client side application to hit an API running on my local machine to return and display data on the screen.   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thanks so much for this detailed review. Feedback like yours is not only helpful for us to improve our process but great for helping other candidates anticipate what we’re looking for. We’re glad to... More

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

It the phone conversation, the CTO started with pushing a propaganda speech. He told me they have like 20 senior developers as employees for about 15 years, and only 1 of them left during that time.
    It made me wonder - why would smart people invest 15 years of their time working for somebody instead of building their own assets and their own business? On of two things - either they are not that smart, or the CTO has inaccurate or outdated information.
    Next, the CTO was telling me about the hiring process, he told me it involves completing pro bono coding tasks remotely while sharing the screen with the company's staff.
    I told him - demanding somebody to share his screen it's rude, doesn't he understand it?
    It was basically the end of conversation. Sometimes it's good to pass on doing business with a delusional and condescending company with big attitude, such as SemanticsBits.

Interview Questions

SemanticBits Response

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write an interview review. As part of the process, we try to let each candidate know about our dynamic team and what we have to offer, so that you can make the best... More

UI/Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SemanticBits in October 2015.

Interview

I applied thinking this was a full-time position, but SemanticBits explained right off the bat that it was a remote freelance position. I heard back from them one day after I sent my application. They had some legal concerns which we addressed in just one email and then we scheduled a call for the next day. They asked about my background, my process, technologies I use, my involvement in the projects I showcased in my portfolio and about my hourly rate.

I sort of ended up interviewing the interviewer towards the end, so I appreciated that he welcomed and answered all of my questions. I didn't get an instant offer, tho. He explain, however, that they are preparing for an influx of projects in the upcoming months and that they're interested in contacting me then. Will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with WordPress template customization?   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2018 – HR

We appreciate your feedback about our interview process, and we’re glad that you were able to get to know us. We encourage candidates to ask questions throughout the interview process, so that we can... More

Developer Interview

Interview

Talked with someone over the phone for a phone interview that was not too technical, just back ground information and experience, then an in person interview that was technical questions.

Interview Questions

SemanticBits Response

Apr 17, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate any and all feedback.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SemanticBits (Herndon, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

Tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions

• Can you backup the data?What type of backup's?   1 Answer

Apr 17, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your interview, as well as taking the time to interview with us.

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SemanticBits in January 2017.

Interview

The human resources department got back to me quickly to start the interview process . I had a technical interview over the phone. The process was efficient and cordial.

Interview Questions

SemanticBits Response

Apr 17, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our interview process. All feedback is helpful to us and hopefully helpful to other candidates. We’re glad you had a positive experience.