SemanticBits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SemanticBits Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SemanticBits (Westlake, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process overall took about 2 weeks and was completely remote (the position was a remote position). I was initially scheduled to do a non-technical interview followed by a technical interview to be scheduled afterwards, however they made a last minute change and had be reschedule for a technical interview only (not sure why).

The technical interview involved a screen share with one of their developers who provided a NodeJS API repository and an AngularJS client side application to clone. When I attempted to start the AngularJS application and work in it I informed the interviewer that I'd feel more comfortable using Angular 2.0+. He was very understanding and allowed me to clone an Angular 2.0 seed project and work off that. I was allowed to use whatever resources at my disposal to solve the problem he gave me (my preferred tools, googling things I didn't know off hand, etc).

I was asked to make a call to the API from the client and have it display the returned results on the screen and allow the user to update the information and send it back to the API. The API intentionally had a small bug it that I was asked to find and fix.

The interview lasted about 2 hours and I was allowed to ask any questions about the company and the interviewer's experience I wanted in the last 15 minutes or so.

I ended up receiving an offer, in the official offer letter it said I had 24 hours to respond, but I had other offers I was waiting on so I asked for a week extension. They granted it.

Overall a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Write code from a client side application to hit an API running on my local machine to return and display data on the screen.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

It the phone conversation, the CTO started with pushing a propaganda speech. He told me they have like 20 senior developers as employees for about 15 years, and only 1 of them left during that time.
    It made me wonder - why would smart people invest 15 years of their time working for somebody instead of building their own assets and their own business? On of two things - either they are not that smart, or the CTO has inaccurate or outdated information.
    Next, the CTO was telling me about the hiring process, he told me it involves completing pro bono coding tasks remotely while sharing the screen with the company's staff.
    I told him - demanding somebody to share his screen it's rude, doesn't he understand it?
    It was basically the end of conversation. Sometimes it's good to pass on doing business with a delusional and condescending company with big attitude, such as SemanticsBits.

UI/Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SemanticBits in October 2015.

Interview

I applied thinking this was a full-time position, but SemanticBits explained right off the bat that it was a remote freelance position. I heard back from them one day after I sent my application. They had some legal concerns which we addressed in just one email and then we scheduled a call for the next day. They asked about my background, my process, technologies I use, my involvement in the projects I showcased in my portfolio and about my hourly rate.

I sort of ended up interviewing the interviewer towards the end, so I appreciated that he welcomed and answered all of my questions. I didn't get an instant offer, tho. He explain, however, that they are preparing for an influx of projects in the upcoming months and that they're interested in contacting me then. Will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with WordPress template customization?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Interview

Talked with someone over the phone for a phone interview that was not too technical, just back ground information and experience, then an in person interview that was technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SemanticBits (Herndon, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

Tell me about yourself?

Interview Questions

• Can you backup the data?What type of backup's?   1 Answer

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SemanticBits in January 2017.

Interview

The human resources department got back to me quickly to start the interview process . I had a technical interview over the phone. The process was efficient and cordial.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SemanticBits (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

There is a written test followed by 2 rounds of interviews and one coding round.The coding round was easy.They concentrate on your problem solving skills in the interview they ask everything java,dbms,ds,front end technologies...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SemanticBits in May 2010.

Interview

They are strict