Service Corporation International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.1

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

A person contacted me via email, set up a 10 minute phone conversation to go over about 10 qualifying questions, after answering their questions, I asked about compensation and training to what he kept the conversation short and didn't really answered any of those. He mentioned that I qualify and he would pass my resume to a manager.
    Manager called me a day later out of the blue for another short conversation. they guy totally unprofessional called me while he was driving and with out even reviewed my resume. he kept on mumbling and make awkward interaction. trying to sell me an interview and why his company does not sucks. I asked about compensation to what he responded is all commission but cannot explain more details.

Interview Questions

• He was trying to find questions to ask me while interviewing me over the phone, finally came up with so, what do you know about us? has some one interviewed you yet?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Crystal Lake, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Was called and asked if I'd like to come in to interview. Came in and had a 1/2 hour interview. Got there before my interview and sat for about 10 - 15 mins.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Since I began my career at a different office in the same company 23 years ago, My interview when I came to Georgia was very short. They already knew of my experience and let me know what my job duties would entail. We talked about my starting hourly wage and all I would have to do was learn the basic duties at this new office. We settled on an hourly wage and I reported to work that following week.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were what days of the week I would like to work, it was a 40 hour a week job. They asked how comfortable I was with learning different tasks particular to this new office and could I work some weekends.   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an agent recruiter to SCI. The interview process took about 2 weeks. The process started out with phone call with an Architect, followed by a face to face with the IT director and the Architect. They made decision to offer/reject decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• The phone call interview was much more technical than the face to face interview. The phone interview would ask question ranging from MVC, WCF, and Angular. In contrast, in the face to face round, the questions asked were to explain your experiences in great detail.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Managers look for yes-men who they will be able to control like puppets. They like people who want to drink the corporate kool-aid and never challenge the status quo. Since no one in the company can make a decision for themselves you will likely interview with several people before being hired. No skills are necessary just a warm fuzzy feeling that you will work 50+ hours a week for peanuts and not complain.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Sat down with the manager and they told me about the position and went over what it entails. Also was told about other positions as well. Was very helpful with all my questions and needs.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Marietta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

For my position there was two interviews. The first one to place with the location manager and the second one took place with district manager and the Financial Manager. Everyone was dressed in a business casual manner a basically you'll be wearing throughout your employment (should be hired of course).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for usome, this company?   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two-part process. First interview was with the sales manager; second with general manager. They are looking for people to go door-to-door to sell memorials; cemetery plots. It sounded like it could be a good job but door to door selling is just not my thing. I don't have any problem cold calling just not comfortable actually knocking on people's door. There is also no real salary while in training -- basically minimum wage. Other companies are offering a generous training salary for seasoned professionals.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

They don't tell you a THING about how you are paid or when you are paid. Commission only and must be available 365 days a year.
    Also not one of your friends wants to talk about dying at cocktail parties since that's where you are getting most of your own leads.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome an emotional day?   1 Answer

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

lengthy; first a phone interview with the recruiter, then a one on one interview with the recruiter, then met with 2 sales managers at 2 different locations for an interview

Interview Questions

• sales background, life insurance license, prospecting, action plan   Answer Question