ServiceTitan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was good. Interviewers were very helpful and friendly. First round was hackerrank test. Then next two rounds were Skype interviews. 2-3 hrs each of the rounds. Complexity was moderate.

Interview Questions

• Implement multimap, Questions on LinkedList and randomly generate tree with specific number of nodes.   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We love hearing that our interviewers were very helpful and friendly! Feel free to share your Titan experience by leaving an employee review here on Glassdoor!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Remote, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was a hackerrank test they asked me to do before they would speak to me. I was fine with it because they said it'd only be 2 - 4 hours.

The test asked you to build a Cloning Service in C#. Basically a thing that could do a deep-clone on any object. They also added some Attributes that could be put on any property or field and would control whether that got a deep clone, a shallow clone, or ignored. I actually thought the test was well written as cloning is not that hard, but the addition of these attributes prevented just copy/paste someone else's solution.

So I was able to solve the problem easily in the time allotted. HOWEVER - they provided hardcoded testcases that your solution needed to pass. The problem is that the testcases were WRONG. In one of them they clearly mark a field as IGNORE, and then the test case tries to verify that they are equal. Well of course they aren't equal, you specifically asked me to IGNORE that field when cloning.

The sad part is, if I had just ignored the attributes altogether I would have passed all the test cases. It's like they added the attributes afterwards and forgot to update their tests? I don't know.

I chose to submit my solution as-is, and explained that it didn't pass all the tests but that I thought their tests were wrong and I hoped they would give me a chance to defend the solution.

In the end, they never even responded to me. I'll never know if the test cases were indeed wrong, or if I misunderstood something. Either way, I learned that you should probably never do coding tests without speaking to somebody at the company first.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I am relocating to CA for this position. I applied on line, had a phone screening with a recruiter & then a formal phone interview the next day. After the phone interview a video interview was scheduled for the following week. Everyone I communicated with was very friendly & helpful!

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought I would have the most trouble with, from the outlined bullet points of the position. I thought this was a very good question.   1 Answer

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We're happy to hear you had an extraordinary interview experience! Don't forget to leave an employee review and share your extraordinary Titan experience!

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviews were positive and engaging. Interviewers asked me thoughtful and incisive questions regarding my professional experience and drilled down on prior business use cases that I have been engaged in. The recruitment team was very responsive and ensured the process itself was easy to navigate.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a prior partner engagement strategy: summarize a challenge you faced in developing the partnership and describe how you overcame said challenge.   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We're pleased to hear you had an extraordinary interview experience! Don't forget to leave an employee review and share your extraordinary Titan experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan.

Interview

applied to software engineer but don't know somehow changed my application to senior software engineer. asked to do two OA. rejected on the final video rounds. the problem is not actually regarding algorithm but requires very practical understanding of java framework and stuff.

Interview Questions

ServiceTitan Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks sharing feedback on your interview experience with us. We apologize for the application error. This is something we have corrected in our system. If you'd like to provide additional... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan in June 2017.

Interview

I had two online coding tests on Hackerrank platform and one Skype interview for 1.5 hours. The interviews tested technical skills regarding Algorithms and Machine Learning. Overall, the process was quite fast.

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We're pleased to hear you had an extraordinary interview experience for your Software Engineer role! Don't forget to leave an employee review here on Glassdoor to share your Titan experience!... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Glendale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process moved quickly and they were super accommodating to work with my schedule. I had an initial screening with the recruiter on a Wednesday, then phone interview with director of CX the next day, then an in person interview with 5 different people lasting about 2 hours the following Monday. I received an offer that Wednesday (probably expedited because I had another offer in the works).

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult technical issue that you encountered and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We're happy to hear you had a timely interview experience for your Account Executive role! Don't forget to leave an employee review here on Glassdoor to share your Titan experience!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick process, but all of the necessary information was provided and all of my questions were answered. I did not feel rushed but was able to align my timing with the hiring manager and recruiters timing. Overall, it was great!

Interview Questions

ServiceTitan Response

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceTitan (Glendale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was excellent and straightforward. They communicated very well on next steps and scheduling and everything moved at a great pace.

After I applied online the recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview which then lead to a phone interview with the sales manager. Next was an onsite interview with three of their managers and a role play presentation of their slide deck.

Everyone I met was great - super friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

ServiceTitan Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We're happy to hear you had a positive interview experience for your Account Executive role! Don't forget to leave an employee review here on Glassdoor to share your Titan experience!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceTitan.

Interview

1. Contacted by company recruiter to review background and interest. After this he scheduled conversation with hiring manager.
    2. Phone interview with Finance Manager. Good conversation, few specific questions related to job and skills required.
    3. Next step was an in-person interview at office.

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceTitan in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me approximately a week after I submitted my resume to their job posting. Had a screening conversation with him the next day, he kept it brief and professional. At the end he set up a call with the hiring manager that week. This is where the positives end.

The hiring manager was running 15 minutes late, so I emailed the recruiter to see if they needed to reschedule. I was called a few minutes later and was given rather poor excuse for their tardiness. Regardless, I was excited to have the interview and ready to proceed. They went straight into Q&A and the questions were straight forward. I provided them answers using examples of achievements during my time at a top Fortune 500 company. That’s when the interviewer became rather condescending, questioning the validity of my work. After they were done with what felt more like an interrogation then an interview, they asked if I had any questions. I asked them to tell me a little more about the company culture as well as their vision/goals for the person in this role. They told me about the people and their reason for joining, but before getting into speaking about the role, informed me they needed to get to their next meeting.

I have had my fair share of difficult and challenging interviews, but never have I felt as if the interviewer didn't want to be there. If this is how this person treats a perspective colleague/direct report, I can't envision working with/for them.

Interview Questions

ServiceTitan Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We appreciate your interest in Service Titan and you taking the time to interview with us for a Product Marketing role. It's disappointing to hear we did not provide you with an extraordinary... More