ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The free lunch and snacks are always welcome, too (in 17 reviews)

• Customers love our product, because it helps them run a better business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains as a startup (creating and implementing sustainable processes) (in 5 reviews)

• The work/life balance in some positions can be intense (in 3 reviews)

1. "Very Welcoming"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every one treats you like family

Cons

I do not want to lie

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for the feedback!

"Why I left ServiceTitan"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

ServiceTitan receives 2 stars purely for the amazing people it has hired. The best parts of ServiceTitan were the new hire orientation, free lunch and generous health benefits.

Cons

As many previous reviews have stated, ServiceTitan is a boys’ club. If you want to be successful you will need to be in the club. ServiceTitan is not a merit-based company. Your ability to grow favor with key players will determine your standing.

Women have little say at ServiceTitan. Almost all of the managers are male. The only female executive is in HR. HR is ineffective and lacks the ability to respond and correct issues within the company.

Leadership is far removed from day-to-day operations yet make all decisions for the company. Despite what is advertised, ServiceTitan is not transparent. Leadership is sneaky and quick to throw people under the bus. The company also does a poor job of offering coaching and professional development.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring good, experienced leaders. Diversify leadership. Let them make the changes they feel are necessary to make. Make less decisions in closed off conference rooms. Spend more time participating in your teams. Stop spraying people with champagne.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have been working hard to diversity our leadership team with now three female executives on the team. We also have been... More

3. "Be stingy with your time"

Pros

The obvious pros at ServiceTitan are the perks and benefits - free lunch everyday, endless drinks and snacks, decent office space and great work equipment (they once bought the entire office $900 chairs and spent a whole month debating it to make sure we have the finest set up). Notice how these are all material things? That’s because what ServiceTitan lacks in real substance and impact, they make it up with birthday cakes and champagne.

Cons

The previous reviews contained a lot of great feedback on the cons already so I won’t bore you with another laundry list. What I will say is to be stingy with your time if you choose to work here, because you won’t have much of it joining ServiceTitan. You see, the work on your desk will be the easiest part of your job. The hardest part is navigating the toxic culture and politics where the same people who are supposed to look out for you and have your best interest in mind, aka team managers, company execs, and HR dept, completely lie to your face and make you follow their nasty, one-sided rules and values. If you’re good at politics, you’ll survive and maybe even thrive here. Here are some concrete examples:

1. The leaders here will tout that they value merit and excellence, and then go on to promote their friends or family members who have zero qualifications. They have promoted managers to head an entire department, in some instances managing 20+ people, and allow the critical areas of the product to be built by inexperienced people. These are just 2 examples of favoritism and nepotism running rapid; it happens often and on every team. Yes it’s unfair, but mostly it’s painful. You will spend precious hours confused and asking for clarification because these people don’t have a single clue what they’re doing.

2. The CEO/President/VP of your team will encourage you to take ownership and accountability of your work, then interfere with your decision based on the feedback of one or two mega enterprise customers / influencers, and completely undermine you and your effort. If it goes well, we all win. If it goes badly, you are to blame. Again, yes, it feels bad and unfair, but mostly it’s inefficient and a waste of time. This cycle happens so frequently with everything we do here, like building a new feature or implementing a new process. It’s fascinating to imagine how much more we could have accomplished if they just said exactly what they wanted from the beginning.

3. The last example of a time sunk is waiting for them to deliver on their promises... Promises like hiring and promoting more women execs... they have 1 VP who is a woman while the rest of the executive team is all male. Lies? Absolutely. I can’t believe I drank the koolaid for so long.

At the end of the day, you will have very little time and energy to spend with your family and kids if you work at ServiceTitan. You will need to squeeze out every ounce of strength and will power you have to weave through the pile of unnecessary stuff just to complete a simple task.

Advice to Management

Change management. Get rid of those who don’t perform and have the right qualification, they are affecting everyone down the chain.

"I worked for ServiceTitan full time"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Free lunch
    Good benefits
    Open work culture
    Engineering team is very flexible and nice people

Cons

Too much favoritism
    Few people think they are the core people running the company
    Undefined processes. The HR team has no idea how things are done. Nor do they care how things should be done. If anything goes wrong and you need help of HR people, you would never be able to find a solution. HR teams are meant to support the employees so that they can concentrate on their work but in ServiceTitan its the opposite. If you need some help from HR, you will just be going round and round in loops.

Advice to Management

Set some processes for the benefit of employees. The management should learn how HR team should be constructed and how things should be done as it is the source of information and problem solving for all employees.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for your feedback. Since this review, we launched our Titan People Network that has policies that are comprehensive for all of our HR processes not limited to employee policies... More

"Not the greatest if you have experience"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, very friendly and relaxed place to work. It's a solid career-starter if you are young and want a stepping stone.

Cons

If you are very experienced and expect to be treated that way, watch out for management. There are some insecure managers in place who do not effectively support their senior level talent. Very classic case of what Liz Wiseman calls "diminishers". The presence of diminishers is very real and serious at this company. There are some excellent managers there too, so make sure you will be working under one of them. This company has very real hits and misses in management, and you might find yourself being very happy or incredibly dissatisfied due to who you work under.

If you have experience and don't want to have to play politics and games with someone's ego, probe your manager carefully during the interview process - really try to measure if this person has a good experience level and will be supportive of you personally and in your career.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for your feedback. Management development is a key priority for us and since this review we have launched a multitude of manager development programs including custom Linkedin... More

"Great Place to Work !"

Current Employee - Account Implementation Specialist in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Implementation Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, teamwork, and comradery within the staff
    Face-paced environment
    Management listens to input and ideas
    Little to no unnecessary "corporate" rules and regulations
    Free lunch everyday!
    The list goes on, the biggest Pro is undoubtedly the staff.

Cons

Can't think of any. (Assuming you don't mind being productive when you're at work, not a great place for lazy people..)

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback!

"Payments Account Exec"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, free lunch, free benefits for employees only

Much potential

Cons

None at the moment, i need to leave 5 words

Advice to Management

Add contributing 401k and we are all set!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback!

"Nothing short of extraordinary"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities, talented yet fun coworkers, free lunches, passionate and compassionate leaders.

Cons

Unclear career path since we were a smaller company back then. Now that it's more established, there are clearer career objectives and paths.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback! Regarding career paths, we are actually working on them as we speak for Q2 and Q3. We have developed a backend infrastructure and can't wait to roll them out in coming... More

"Achieve the Extraordinary"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are new to Software, or early in your career, you have the ability to prove yourself and be promoted within the company. If you are more senior with lots of experience (and the ability to motivate very diverse teams) there is also a lot of opportunity to invest yourself into a very promising, successful startup. Competent employees receive recognition/kudos and the collaborative environment between teams is impressive. You will work with lots of kind, fun, and innovative people. If you don't learn from your teammates, you have to have blinders on!

Cons

The work/life balance in some positions can be intense. You work with really intelligent, dynamic people because the positions demand it.

Advice to Management

Transparency is starting to lessen as the organization grows. If that's intentional, we probably want to stop mentioning transparency as part of our culture. If it isn't: share more! Also, check in with your team members' sense of morale; we are growing fast!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for your feedback. Regarding transparency, we have hired our Chief of Staff who helps lead our communications - monthly all hands, snippets/weekly business reports, and much more... More

"Great place to work"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

-Very smart and well prioritized management
    -Amazing product
    -Great perks and top notch benefits
    -Very nice office space

Cons

-Hard hours sometimes. With such high expectations, it requires a lot more work than a typical 9-5.
    -Rapidly changing strategies that come with a start-up. While this is necessary, it can be hard to just do the day-to-day.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for your feedback! Regarding work-life balance, we have readjusted our resource plan - hiring quite a bit! And rolling out improved wellness initiatives in Q2 beyond the new... More