ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "And as if that wasn't enough, they provide free lunch" (in 21 reviews)

• "There's tons of room for growth" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance in some positions can be intense" (in 7 reviews)

• "Company is growing at a rapid pace" (in 4 reviews)

"Living the dream!"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mission, team, culture. If you are smart, capable and humble, you will be given room to make an impact every day. There is room to reach your full potential at all levels. There is strong investment in learning and development and even more so for managers. Outside experience and conviction are also very much valued. Company is data driven and encourages debate.

Cons

Company is growing at a rapid pace. Those who are averse to change may have challenges.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the journey!

"Great way to build resume.... And lower self esteem"

Former Employee - Success in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Success in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of collaboration
    Work with lots of intelligent, fun young professionals
    Free lunch
    Extravagant parties
    Room for growth

Cons

Growth exists because of large platform gaps and strategic oversight. Amazing employees were leaving and disgruntled due to lack of support from leadership

The culture allowed for misconduct to be overlooked, and kept female employees feeling unsafe

Boys club!

More concerned with accolades and awards than client-centric product design or work-life balance

Did I mention the lack of work-life balance?

Advice to Management

Follow through on strategic initiatives and change the culture by building up team members. Employee success should not be subjective, and promotions and new titles shouldn’t come to those who say “yes sir” long enough.

ServiceTitan Response

Oct 18, 2018 – Employee Experience

Thank you for your honest feedback! We know that the level of growth we've experienced makes work/life balance a very real challenge. We are working to address that, and we hope the wellness program... More

"Most Valuable Titans"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

You know the song that goes... Where do I begin... To tell the story of how great a love can be?

That's how I feel about Service Titan. And it's not because of the free food, plush benefits, cool office, or other material stuff.

It's because I love who I work with. They have become some of my closest friends. Not because I have to spend a lot of time with them at work, but because they are the smartest, kindest, and most interesting, diverse people I know.

It's because I love what I do. This product changes the lives of thousands of underserved people in the trades. My work is challenging, ambitious, and fun.

It's because I love who I work for. My director, my VP, the founders, my peers, they're all A+.

Cons

It would be nice for all of us to be on one big floor

Advice to Management

The bigger we get, the more I appreciate the increased communication and transparency about performance, new projects, and so on

"Great place to grow professional with a lot of support!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Startup Vibe.
    - Benefits & Perks.
    - Snacks & Lunch provided everyday.
    - Community of wonderful support.
    - Everyone is striving for success and the success of their coworkers.
    - Room for growth within the company.
    - You will make good friends here.

Cons

- Stressful in learning their program, but I wouldn't really consider this a Con but more of a learning opportuntiy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The individuals here who are working towards creating a great learning environment continue to better the way they teach the new hires. Keep hiring great people!

"I look forward to Mondays"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was referred here by a close friend. It was hard to believe people could enjoy their work this much, and be this happy. I've been here for a little over year, and it has exceeded even my high expectations.

The work is very challenging. ServiceTitan is the most successful and fastest growing enterprise software company in Southern California I know of and is full of really smart people, so the bar for performance is very high. and THe company focuses on stretch goals, which can add to the pressure. But as we're seeing this year, this mentality encourages peopel to perform at a very high level.

I work hard because my team motivates me, and because it's very gratifying to see my work make such an impact in my customer's life.

Cons

Hard to complain when it's the best job I've ever had

Advice to Management

"Yes, it really is THAT "extraordinary""

I have been working at ServiceTitan (More than 3 years)

Pros

"Achieve the extraordinary" is the company's second core value ("Change lives" and "Be a world class team" are the others), and ServiceTitan delivers on that promise as a place to work. Here are my top 5 reasons why >>>

#1 Brilliant colleagues >> which seems intimidating at first, until you notice how nice, welcoming, caring, and collaborative they are. This is the biggest surprise.

#2 Inspiring work >> I've been in tech my whole career, at great companies with great products. No product makes this big a difference in the day to day lives of its customers. Customers were sharing countless tearjerker success stories at our user conference last week.

#3 Founders, leaders, and co-workers really care >> They invest time in helping me and others develop, and they invest time in actually getting to know us and care for us personally.

#4 Celebrating success >> We just got back from our MVT (Most Valuable Titans) trip recognizing the company's top performers. It was the most memorable trip I've had in my life.

#5 Diversity and Meritocracy >> ServiceTitan is the most diverse workplace I've been part of. Race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, age >> the only thing that matters is ability, work ethic, and values. With so many stars in the company working really hard for each other, I really appreciate that the company holds everyone to a high standard and quickly coaches or manages out under-performers. I've seen it not go addressed at other companies and turn into poison and have top performers leave.

(The downside is that those under-performers unfairly disparage the company here, when they are the ones who let down their co-workers. Many of us can tell which people who got fired wrote 8 of the unfavorable reviews here.)

Cons

Work/life balance is hard to achieve, partly because of high expectations, partly because the work is so rewarding and the co-workers are awesome

Advice to Management

The performance bar is what motivates me and many of the other MVTs I talked to. I'm very happy to see how firmly and quickly the company upholds its Achieve the Extraordinary and Be a World Class Team values.

"i LOVE this job"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

wonderful coworkers, they care about the company, our customers, and each other
    feels like a family, no politics, everyone helps each other out
    company growing so quickly, can make an impact everywhere you look
    customers love what we do and see results, makes all those hours worth it

Cons

not much i can think of

Advice to Management

love that we're finding opportunities to keep the team cohesive as we grow, like all hands, department meetings, and town halls on different topics, please do more

"Product"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

I'm on the Product team. The product is big and powerful. I enjoy visiting or speaking with customers, observing how they use the product, and seeing first hand how it makes their jobs easier and more productive. It excites me that my job is never done. If I perfect a feature or module, there's plenty more valuable ideas / features / modules for me to take on.

The Product team is tight. We all work hard on our own piece of the puzzle, but we support one another. Our President / Co-Founder is a visionary, and because our product touches almost every workflow in our customers' businesses, there is so much opportunity to create value.

The focus on "customer success" is great. Ironically, sometimes it spreads us thin and we lose some of that focus when we're trying to make everyone happy, but it seems to be the right approach because customer referrals and references are helping the company grow really quickly.

I feel very lucky because I'm challenged to aim high and shoot for creating big value, and this is the type of product, market leadership, and supportive team where I can actually deliver. That's immensely satisfying for a Product person.

Cons

The product and engineering teams are always getting bigger, which makes it more difficult to stay united and aligned, but we're taking the right measures to stay in sync.

Advice to Management

I like the emphasis on giving ownership of the product's success to the product and engineering teams. I'd like to see that continue.

ServiceTitan Response

Sep 20, 2018 – Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback! We want our team members to work on projects that are impactful for both our customers and our team members. Striking the right balance of communication is always a... More

"ROCKET SHIP"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

- Every day is exciting. Most times I'm taking on new opportunities. Some times I'm overcoming challenges. But excitement is constant and guaranteed.
    - The culture is excellent. I know every company talks about that, but this place is all about it's mission of helping underserved customers, and there's a clear focus that customer success if the most important thing.
    - The company celebrates its people and the milestones along the way. If you contribute in a big way, you will be recognized by leadership and/or your colleagues.
    - Personal development is important to me, and ServiceTitan invests in it. I learn plenty from very successful and smart colleagues around me. I also have access to lots of professional development content and programs. My manager also pushes me to take on stretch goals to elevate myself.
    - Adorable dogs at the office. Who doesn't love cute dogs?

Cons

We need more pets, please!

Advice to Management

All hands is really crowded. I know we can't do much about that.
    Otherwise, thank you for caring this much about your employees

"sales"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

great sales team and great culture
    it's competitive in a healthy way, everyone helps out and acts like one TEAM
    the environment is not political, lots of performers and everyone has been nice and helpful
    it's fulfilling to sell a product i believe so much in
    i check back with my clients and they tell me how much better there business is due to the software, there is no better feeling for someone in sales

Cons

a lot of small things pop up because the company is growing so quickly, but i think the company does a very good job of pretty quickly addressing the most important ones

Advice to Management

the energy on the sales floor is motivating, especially when every one is walking around helping and high fiving, it would be great to amp it up even more