ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "And as if that wasn't enough, they provide free lunch" (in 22 reviews)

• "Great, positive atmosphere, excellent benefits, plenty of room for growth" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance in some positions can be intense" (in 6 reviews)

• "We are maturing in our processes; still a number of growing pains" (in 6 reviews)

1. "So far so Good"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Everybody tries so hard here. Everybody I've met has taken work seriously and taken great pride in the work they do. It's contagious and something they instill in you. I, for one, find it invigorating to work with so many people working hard and taking time to learn new skills.

Speaking of learning new skills, they really encourage folks to use LinkedIn Learning videos and to broaden your skillset. I can say, after only being here a few months, that you will learn a lot with a dedicated group of people.

They have all of the perks you'd think. La Croix, coffee, free lunches, etc. This is great, but as you get a little older you start to realize that the more important things are how dedicated employees are and what the trajectory of the company is. So perks or no perks, this is great place.

Cons

As you could tell from the above, this is a challenging place to work. You can't hide here and take your paycheck and leave. It's a place where people are asked to give presentations and run meetings within their first week or two at the company. Again, this should be a positive, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Advice to Management

I haven't had much exposure to the heads of the company yet, but they seem open in sharing information. The all hands I've been to was great. I'd just continue to make information accessible.

"Couldn't Ask For A Better Employer!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick interview process. Friendly, approachable and talented staff. Impressive growth and potential of future growth. Ability to choose your career path. Company provided laptops, cell phone reimbursement, paid benefits, free catered lunch. Flexible scheduling. Ability to connect with leadership and management, even CEO, directly. Paid travel. Work from home options. Flexible paid time off. Paid sick time and other paid leave. All paid holidays. Feedback friendly environment. Ongoing training and support resources. Ergonomic desk/chairs/equipment. A million free snack/beverage options in multiple kitchens throughout the building. Fully equipped with board games, ping pong tables, PS4, lounge areas... and there's a rumor of a basketball court soon! OH -- service animals in office make the best co-workers & a great start to the morning!

Cons

- No 401k matching
    - No infertility medical coverage

Advice to Management

N/A!

"Drop it Like It's Hot!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great career opportunities! People are dropping like flies and so it leaves a lot of room for "growth."

They pay VERY well vs. the industry average. Opt to get more salary vs. equity, since you might not be there long enough anyways.

Strong Armenian community.

Cons

The previous reviews or ratings must be old since this is not a great place to work. It seems like someone quits every week or gets fired.
    The free food is a wonderful distraction from getting yelled at by the CEO.

There is a bit of a "boys club" where you're either in or you're out. It's almost like high school all over again.

Advice to Management

Bro you're too blinded by your own ego to see the issues that are transparent to everyone else. You've slowly weeded out everyone who would dare incite diverse thought.

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Product in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is extremely competitive
    Location is great, 15-25 minutes away from everything in LA
    Office culture is great. You will make lifelong friends here.
    You WILL develop your skills here.
    Work is rewarding, you have a big impact working here.
    Company values are great.

This company is a extremely quickly growing startup. This can either be a pro or a con, if you're looking for a 9-5 just to pay bills this is not the place for you. If you're determined to grow in your career and have a strong impact on a company, look no further. There is no such thing as an unimportant role at ServiceTitan.

At ServiceTitan you see the positive impact we have on our customers - it's very encouraging and makes you want to come into work everyday.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the growing pains. This company went from 5 employees to 400 in a span of four years, however, the company is taking steps in the right direction to mitigate and eliminate the issues that arise from such fast paced growth. Work life balance can sometimes be thrown out of balance like any startup, you will be asked to work, and work hard - however, I never felt like any of the work I was doing wasn't meaningful.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

Jul 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad that you find your work meaningful and we're working very hard toward alleviating current growing pains and strategically planning to avoid future... More

"Product"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

- Highly competitive salary
    - Office location
    - VERY inclusive office culture

Cons

- Very uptempo, sometimes it could be overwhelming

Jul 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad your experience has been positive and inclusive.

"Amazing Place! Just...slow down on the hiring!"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

- great/bright team and teammates
    - i feel like i am invested in - which makes me want to work harder
    - great balance of work and life.
    - growth opportunities are literally endless

Cons

Just from an outside and inside perspective, maybe slow down a little bit on the hiring process and prioritize developing the talent that is already there? I understand that the growth is demanding but current employees maybe feel less and less vested in if there are new hires every other week.

Advice to Management

keep growing and learning as we all grow and learn. learn different management languages because not everyone may be akin to delegating leadership. otherwise, thanks for trying your best every day!

Jul 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of supporting ServiceTitan's growth! While we have aggressive hiring plans in place to support and fuel our success, we hope you find that our... More

"Proud to be a Titan"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get all the cool stuff that a lot of other tech companies offer: free food, great benefits, unlimited vacation, quick mobility, cross-functional exposure... but what really keeps people here is this...

A lot of us could work anywhere in tech, but we choose to work here because our day-to-day helps tradesmen grow their businesses and provide employment and opportunities to their communities.

This is not a trendy app that makes your pictures pretty, or a tool to give executives a few extra accelerators on their quarterly bonus...

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a unicorn startup distrusting the way contractors do business for the better. We want to champion the little guy. Fight for the underdog. We’re scrappy, smart, and humble.

This is why we are here.

If you’re looking for a job that’s sole purpose is a financial supplement to your lifestyle... you might not connect.

If you’re looking to be part of something great, to change things for the better, and to help people (and yourself) realize their true potential.

Then you’ve found your home.

Cons

Obvious growing pains from scaling from 4 to over 400 employees in less than 4 years. Any fast growing company goes through this. Continue to make preserving culture a top priority.

Advice to Management

Finger pointing is a result of a fear to fail. Sometimes the best lessons emerge from trying things that don’t work and pivoting strategy from there.

Jul 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and your insightful advice which champions innovation - one ServiceTitan's guiding principals. We hope that you continue to make your home here, serving the many SMB and... More

"GET ME OUTTA HERE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Made some cool friends
    -The product does help companies
    -Health benefits for sure

Cons

Working at ServiceTitan is a nightmare. It reminds me of a good relationship that turned into a horrible marriage. You think it's all great because they make the company seem awesome and caring then once you commit, it's a complete 180. You get taken for granted, you can't have a personal life, people are bullies or just plain mean.

-People are not professional here. It's so chill that people say what they want, how they want, when they want. Not just individual contributors, but management and executive team too
    -We achieve the extraordinary, but you never feel good enough. Your managers make you feel like you can do "better" even when you did a freaking amazing job that time
    -I honestly thought some of the girls at work would start a #metoo movement with all the stuff I heard floating around the office. I was actually surprised no one spoke up.
    -Favoritism is the norm and your work will not be judged based on merit. At the end of the day, you are only worth every single sweat/tear/minute you've spent here doing everything you can to meet their unreasonable expectations
    -A lot of management is unqualified... Some people got promoted because they're tight with someone. They don't have a good vetting process when considering candidates. Here's a hint: Look at a manager's team's productivity or goals and see if they are being met... If not, the manager has a lot to do with that. Also, listen to whether your employees are happy or not. The pissed off departments are successful in spite of their bad experiences.
    -The are definitely more dudes than girls. Feel bad for the ladies actually. Sometimes you hear the guys talking about hot girls at their desk instead of doing actual work.
    -I'm also surprised with how much fraternizing goes on around there--don't people have wives and husbands and kids and non-work friends to go home to?
    -People are in it for themselves. You have to watch your own back because that's what everyone else is doing. You can't trust anyone. There was once a time where a department had a meeting and excluded all the girls from the invite. NOT OKAY.

Advice to Management

There are some fundamental issues here that will keep you from growing the way you want to. I think the main issue is respect... or I guess a lack of it. Some of the legacy members left without a backup plan because of how exhausting this place can be. It's like school. The current class graduates and moves on to bigger and better things and you'll have to keep enrolling the newbies who aren't ready. They walk into the fire without any protection.

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are welcoming, kind, and willing to help. Everyone works hard and collaborates together. The offices are nice with great views and it's a plus to avoid commuting down to the west side/405 from the valley. Free lunch everyday and a fully stocked kitchen with lots of options. Casual dress code. Monthly All Hands meetings with transparent discussions with the leadership team. Orientation is the best I've ever experienced which includes a full hands on demo with the product. The tools provided to learn and grow your skills are also great. Values are being referenced constantly.

Cons

Growing so quickly has challenges. There can be friction between teams as everyone is trying to grow and get more done. With a lot of new people joining, there's a lot of training before the pain points subside. Burn out is a real thing, especially with the number of type A personalities here. Being distributed across multiple floors in the office building is inconvenient, but it seems like they're working on improving that.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on culture and building a great team. Talking about values and living the values are not the same thing. Don't lose focus on excelling at what we do and the team that is here.

"I'm 46 and this is the best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the tools to do your job are provided. The orientation was extremely helpful. They're big on personal & career development. The benefits for employees are fully paid. And as if that wasn't enough, they provide free lunch!

Cons

Be prepared to be on-call 24/7/365. Being a ServiceTitan means doing what it takes to get the job done asap. If you're not accustomed to long working hours like 50-60 hrs/wk, then I suggest looking for a job elsewhere.