ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "And as if that wasn't enough, they provide free lunch" (in 21 reviews)

• "Customers love our product, because it helps them run a better business" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance in some positions can be intense" (in 6 reviews)

• "Obvious growing pains from scaling from 4 to over 400 employees in less than 4 years" (in 6 reviews)

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Product in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is extremely competitive
    Location is great, 15-25 minutes away from everything in LA
    Office culture is great. You will make lifelong friends here.
    You WILL develop your skills here.
    Work is rewarding, you have a big impact working here.
    Company values are great.

This company is a extremely quickly growing startup. This can either be a pro or a con, if you're looking for a 9-5 just to pay bills this is not the place for you. If you're determined to grow in your career and have a strong impact on a company, look no further. There is no such thing as an unimportant role at ServiceTitan.

At ServiceTitan you see the positive impact we have on our customers - it's very encouraging and makes you want to come into work everyday.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the growing pains. This company went from 5 employees to 400 in a span of four years, however, the company is taking steps in the right direction to mitigate and eliminate the issues that arise from such fast paced growth. Work life balance can sometimes be thrown out of balance like any startup, you will be asked to work, and work hard - however, I never felt like any of the work I was doing wasn't meaningful.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

"Product"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

- Highly competitive salary
    - Office location
    - VERY inclusive office culture

Cons

- Very uptempo, sometimes it could be overwhelming

"Amazing Place! Just...slow down on the hiring!"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

- great/bright team and teammates
    - i feel like i am invested in - which makes me want to work harder
    - great balance of work and life.
    - growth opportunities are literally endless

Cons

Just from an outside and inside perspective, maybe slow down a little bit on the hiring process and prioritize developing the talent that is already there? I understand that the growth is demanding but current employees maybe feel less and less vested in if there are new hires every other week.

Advice to Management

keep growing and learning as we all grow and learn. learn different management languages because not everyone may be akin to delegating leadership. otherwise, thanks for trying your best every day!

"Proud to be a Titan"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get all the cool stuff that a lot of other tech companies offer: free food, great benefits, unlimited vacation, quick mobility, cross-functional exposure... but what really keeps people here is this...

A lot of us could work anywhere in tech, but we choose to work here because our day-to-day helps tradesmen grow their businesses and provide employment and opportunities to their communities.

This is not a trendy app that makes your pictures pretty, or a tool to give executives a few extra accelerators on their quarterly bonus...

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a unicorn startup distrusting the way contractors do business for the better. We want to champion the little guy. Fight for the underdog. We’re scrappy, smart, and humble.

This is why we are here.

If you’re looking for a job that’s sole purpose is a financial supplement to your lifestyle... you might not connect.

If you’re looking to be part of something great, to change things for the better, and to help people (and yourself) realize their true potential.

Then you’ve found your home.

Cons

Obvious growing pains from scaling from 4 to over 400 employees in less than 4 years. Any fast growing company goes through this. Continue to make preserving culture a top priority.

Advice to Management

Finger pointing is a result of a fear to fail. Sometimes the best lessons emerge from trying things that don’t work and pivoting strategy from there.

"I'm 46 and this is the best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the tools to do your job are provided. The orientation was extremely helpful. They're big on personal & career development. The benefits for employees are fully paid. And as if that wasn't enough, they provide free lunch!

Cons

Be prepared to be on-call 24/7/365. Being a ServiceTitan means doing what it takes to get the job done asap. If you're not accustomed to long working hours like 50-60 hrs/wk, then I suggest looking for a job elsewhere.

"GET ME OUTTA HERE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Made some cool friends
    -The product does help companies
    -Health benefits for sure

Cons

Working at ServiceTitan is a nightmare. It reminds me of a good relationship that turned into a horrible marriage. You think it's all great because they make the company seem awesome and caring then once you commit, it's a complete 180. You get taken for granted, you can't have a personal life, people are bullies or just plain mean.

-People are not professional here. It's so chill that people say what they want, how they want, when they want. Not just individual contributors, but management and executive team too
    -We achieve the extraordinary, but you never feel good enough. Your managers make you feel like you can do "better" even when you did a freaking amazing job that time
    -I honestly thought some of the girls at work would start a #metoo movement with all the stuff I heard floating around the office. I was actually surprised no one spoke up.
    -Favoritism is the norm and your work will not be judged based on merit. At the end of the day, you are only worth every single sweat/tear/minute you've spent here doing everything you can to meet their unreasonable expectations
    -A lot of management is unqualified... Some people got promoted because they're tight with someone. They don't have a good vetting process when considering candidates. Here's a hint: Look at a manager's team's productivity or goals and see if they are being met... If not, the manager has a lot to do with that. Also, listen to whether your employees are happy or not. The pissed off departments are successful in spite of their bad experiences.
    -The are definitely more dudes than girls. Feel bad for the ladies actually. Sometimes you hear the guys talking about hot girls at their desk instead of doing actual work.
    -I'm also surprised with how much fraternizing goes on around there--don't people have wives and husbands and kids and non-work friends to go home to?
    -People are in it for themselves. You have to watch your own back because that's what everyone else is doing. You can't trust anyone. There was once a time where a department had a meeting and excluded all the girls from the invite. NOT OKAY.

Advice to Management

There are some fundamental issues here that will keep you from growing the way you want to. I think the main issue is respect... or I guess a lack of it. Some of the legacy members left without a backup plan because of how exhausting this place can be. It's like school. The current class graduates and moves on to bigger and better things and you'll have to keep enrolling the newbies who aren't ready. They walk into the fire without any protection.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ServiceTitan is full of really talented people and I have been able to grow and learn so much in my time here. Even though things are moving quickly, everyone is working towards the same goal and keeps in mind what is in the best interest of the company and their customers. There is an amazing culture of transparency and collaboration, which is really different from ALOT of other work experiences.

The perks are really amazing - fully paid benefits (and really rich benefits), free lunch, snacks, flex time off, etc. It's awesome to be part of something so amazing and to feel like you have a huge impact and splash on the company and customer experience.

Cons

Can be difficult to strike a good work life balance, but it seems like it's something that management is working on. The views are great, but it's a bit congested in the work space since ServiceTitan is scaling so quickly.

Advice to Management

This company is clearly going places. I can only hope that management and leadership continue to remember the company's foundation and roots which is the recipe for how we got to where we are today. Continues to keep your eye on the company's values and guiding principles as we scale!

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are welcoming, kind, and willing to help. Everyone works hard and collaborates together. The offices are nice with great views and it's a plus to avoid commuting down to the west side/405 from the valley. Free lunch everyday and a fully stocked kitchen with lots of options. Casual dress code. Monthly All Hands meetings with transparent discussions with the leadership team. Orientation is the best I've ever experienced which includes a full hands on demo with the product. The tools provided to learn and grow your skills are also great. Values are being referenced constantly.

Cons

Growing so quickly has challenges. There can be friction between teams as everyone is trying to grow and get more done. With a lot of new people joining, there's a lot of training before the pain points subside. Burn out is a real thing, especially with the number of type A personalities here. Being distributed across multiple floors in the office building is inconvenient, but it seems like they're working on improving that.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on culture and building a great team. Talking about values and living the values are not the same thing. Don't lose focus on excelling at what we do and the team that is here.

"Stay away"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

benefits, PTO, free lunch, snacks, and drinks.

Cons

Managers don't know how to manage
    Since managers have favorites, your hard work definitely goes unnoticed

"Why I left ServiceTitan"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

ServiceTitan receives 2 stars purely for the amazing people it has hired. The best parts of ServiceTitan were the new hire orientation, free lunch and generous health benefits.

Cons

As many previous reviews have stated, ServiceTitan is a boys’ club. If you want to be successful you will need to be in the club. ServiceTitan is not a merit-based company. Your ability to grow favor with key players will determine your standing.

Women have little say at ServiceTitan. Almost all of the managers are male. The only female executive is in HR. HR is ineffective and lacks the ability to respond and correct issues within the company.

Leadership is far removed from day-to-day operations yet make all decisions for the company. Despite what is advertised, ServiceTitan is not transparent. Leadership is sneaky and quick to throw people under the bus. The company also does a poor job of offering coaching and professional development.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring good, experienced leaders. Diversify leadership. Let them make the changes they feel are necessary to make. Make less decisions in closed off conference rooms. Spend more time participating in your teams. Stop spraying people with champagne.

ServiceTitan Response

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have been working hard to diversity our leadership team with now three female executives on the team. We also have been... More