ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Best decision I’ve ever made"

Current Employee - Csa Lead in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Csa Lead in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work is not only noticed, but appreciated and rewarded. The culture is amazing and the sense of team and family that has cultivated over the years is truly amazing. Everyone is always open and happy to help and very collaborative. I am truly so lucky to be working here and take pride in being a Titan! The opportunities are endless of you work hard for them.

Cons

We are outgrowing our space in the building we’re in. But we make it work.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your Titans and continue the passionate efforts to make ServiceTitan the #1 home services software!

"Sadly it's been difficult..."

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- people are nice in general besides some
    - free food and 100% paid benefits
    - Amazing mission to help the home industry
    - feel like you are making impact

Cons

- honestly... there is no work life balance here in some departments. An average 60 hours is a norm
    - Pay is horrible considering all the hours you put in to just keep up
    - Some department heads give out spot bonuses frequently to make up the pay gap but some heads just don't believe in spot bonuses... I guess why can't we all get paid fairly and remove the spot bonus program completely?!
    - toxic environment ( men swearing or yelling in rooms)
    - certain people get promoted every 6 months
    - very weak woman executives represented. If you just look around the room when you are in a meeting, you will notice there is usually no woman or very few ( like one). Oh also there are some departments that are 100% men...
    -women keep on resigning due to "family issues"
    - 6 weeks maternity leave (?!) might as well not offer any
    - product gap and over promises from sales to our customers
    - Some people think that they are elite and look down at their colleagues
    - keep on hiring unnecessary headcount in certain departments

Advice to Management

The company really cares however they are not able to address al the commonly raised issues...

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits, the snacks, and the employees are great! There’s a fair amount of travel, but they tell you that before hand, so there’s no surprise there.

They function like how you’d expect a tech company would. They give you all the tools you need to be successful (co-workers, new technology, countless training resources, etc.) and the ability to really manager yourself.

Cons

It’s a high stress, high reward environment. At the same time, anything worth doing will have its challenges. You’re going to have some busy weeks, but if you’re looking at joining this company you’re probably already working in an environment that doesn’t pay well or is stressful.

Work life balance is what you make it. If you’re efficient and embrace the work, you’ll have plenty of free time.

Advice to Management

Keep growing to further even out the work load. You’ve done a phenomenal job already though. This place is amazing.

Just keep improving and the company will keep getting better and better.

"Horrible selfish Owners and Senior leadership"

Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great office, great location, good parking

Cons

major issues with corporate politics .. who you know get things done .. major favoritism concerns .. directors and above not held accountable for anything .. Owners are the worst .. not friendly very demanding .. they don't understand the business from the front line to the back end .. they just see numbers .. not a scalable organization .. constantly blowing through capital executive perks .. they are having to raise funds quite often to sustain day to day business .. scary place to work

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees .. hire better executives .. owners need to take a step back from operations they are not qualified to run the business ..

"Perpetual Hot Mess so thank u, next"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan (More than a year)

Pros

- Pay is pretty good, but you're trapped in Glendale, CA. Where is that? ...Exactly
    - Benefits package is legit
    - There is free lunch, but it's Eat Club. If your old company had it, you'll know what I mean. But hey, it's free.
    - You can say you work for a LA's tech unicorn.
    - There are dogs and I like dogs.

Cons

I wouldn't necessary call these "cons". I'd call them the things that led to my ultimate disillusionment at this company. ST was not my first job, nor my second, so my perspective is going to be quite a bit different than the doe-eyed new grads whose optimism I wish I had.

1) The Bait and Switch: when you are a prospect for one of their open job requisitions everything seems like it's going to be PERFECT. Reality check: nothing is perfect, which means... (you'll get it when you finish reading). You get pumped up on their electrolyte water and put in your 12 hour days only to find that your caffeine intake has skyrocketed and you spend more time with your coworkers than is normal. I'd say that tenure at ST can bring you to a point where everything seems to be like the perception/reality part of (500) days of summer.
    2) "False promise for you, false promise for you, false promise for you": when I think about all the things my peers and I have been told, I can probably write them on Jenga pieces, stack them all up, then try to pull out every single false promise until the whole thing falls down. That's what happens when you get built up by your supervisors and the only thing you feel like they are consistent in is lack of follow through.
    3) A Path to Nowhere: this is what I like to call their career mapping/planning. Are you really good at your job, maybe even the best at it? Good luck being promoted because you might be kept there for a long time since you are likely carrying the entire team on your back. Probably with nothing to show for it, too. Sometimes you'll see people who get promoted before you and think to yourself, "What did I do wrong?" I'll save you the trouble, it's not what you did wrong, it's that you did everything right. Confusing, huh?
    4) The Unprofessionalism is REAL - if someone has an action item for you and you don't have it in writing, it will fall into the blackhole where all the other action items that were long forgotten about go to die.
    5) Age Ain't Nothing but a Number - ST does have age diversity in the company to an extent, so I'm not saying that they don't. But a lot of people have not been in the trenches long enough to know who they are in their roles. Many people are young job hoppers looking for the quick rise to the top, but the part that I felt was missing was the presence of the proper people for these youngins to learn from. They need better examples and maybe (someday) managers that are less focused on their own promotions and instead helping their team members with theirs
    6) One thing today, another thing tomorrow - the feedback loop for performance is so inconsistent. One day you're spoken to because you need to be doing XYZ better, then when you start doing XYZ better, ABC needs to be addressed. Oh, you did better in ABC, now QRS is why you're having a one-on-one again. Sometimes people are made to feel like they are never going to be good enough
    7) Eat Club... like I said, it's free
    8) Rooms are FILTHY: I hope they actually start wiping those down with disinfectant... sickness runs rampant because things don't seem to be wiped down enough.
    9) Employees should be able to do a MANDATORY but also ANONYMOUS ExPand Review on their direct supervisor. We rate ourselves, we rate our peers, but we don't give a comprehensive and in depth review of our managers? It doesn't make sense to me. Everyone is too scared to write the truth on the presumably anonymous ones for fear of being figured out. Yet managers have a DIRECT EFFECT on their team's success, the same way a team member has a direct effect on their manager's. I think rating managers in a in-depth way that is formally recorded is even more important than rating some random person in another department that eats lunch on a different floor. Each team should have their own version of a calibration of their departments leaders.
    10) A Guide to PTO Guilt: work for a company that has unlimited PTO, be part of a team that's spread thin with goals that even Marie Kondo couldn't Tidy Up. Guys, gals... does it bring you joy? The rest is up to you.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

"This job is everything I ever wanted"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

-You are in charge of your work and schedule. As long as you deliver the results and are actively engaging in the companies goals leadership will recognize your value. No one will be looking over your shoulder making you feel uncomfortable with your work methods.
    -The team is awesome. You will feel like one of the pack in no time. Everyone is eager to share their knowledge and help you get on your feet.
    -I don't know about everyone else but free food is awesome and the benefits are top notch even compared to my previous employer who is a well know for treating their employees with lavish benefits (Even part-time).
    -Leadership is working HARD. They are open to feedback and are aware of the strengths and opportunities that the company has.
    -The work you do is important. There is no role that does not form a crucial part of the companies success. As long as you like to challenge yourself and own your learning you will love coming to work.

Cons

-We are growing FAST and yes there are growing pains. One day you will think you are starting to get comfortable with a certain workflow and the next day this way of doing things could be scraped (Usually for the best) so be ready to roll with the punches.
    -If you do not do well under the pressure of figuring things out on your own you may feel overwhelmed. But if you welcome challenges that ultimately lead to the development of skills you may not have even known you had then this could potentially be a pro and not a con.
    -If you want to sit at a desk, walk in at 9am leave at 5pm and expect to stroll through your time working at this company you will not be happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I hope that we can maintain the awesome company culture that makes working here feel like a truly unique opportunity. ROCK ON TITANS!

"Sales Development Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales leadership is top notch, training program is good, amazing team members.

Cons

learning curb to learn the home services industry can be difficult

Advice to Management

invest in your employees and provide clear career pathing opportunities

"Many many good things, a few persistent drawbacks"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- My salary is on the upper end of the range for my experience and title.
    - Yearly bonus and stock options are good, especially as the company moves towards tremendous success.
    - Benefits weren't bad to start but continue to expand in a good way.
    - Many visible efforts to diversify lately that have had tangible results.
    - Incredible team. I really respect and admire my coworkers.
    - Decent work from home flexibility.
    - Unlimited vacation time actually is used here, as is sick time.
    - Work is interesting and I have a meaningful say in what I do and how I do it.

Cons

- If you're not Armenian, a smoker, a soccer player, or whatever other thing qualifies you for social face time with upper management, you're going to be left out of certain things.
    - Even though we've been told that we're no longer flying by the seats of our pants in terms of product development, the rush-it-out-the-door attitude persists. There continue to be major delays and huge mess-ups. This affects everyone at the company in a way that's inadequately addressed on the internal end.
    - Many people with management roles/titles are inexperienced and aren't required to be trained in any way. For those of us working cross-squad, this is a huge problem.
    - Because of rapid growth (normal here) and high turnover (not usual), working in my specific role has felt chaotic and left me feeling unmoored much of the time. I don't always understand what's expected of me, what's in flux vs. what's set, etc. Without a baseline, it can be hard to know where I can take initiative in ways that will grow my career.

Advice to Management

Write things down on one place that stays updated. By things I mean everything from release schedules to internal standards to expectations. We're too scattered for how big and successful we are. We need to be more organized.

Value your stalwarts and your workhorses, not just your show ponies. Meaning there are people who do their jobs consistently every day who will never do anything flashy, and they're just as important if not more so than the more dazzling types.

"Exciting Times"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and feels like your second home. Big focus on transparency and having an open door policy. Very moving stories from the founders about the history and vision for the company. Excellent training program which brings new hires up to speed quickly about the product and a plethora of learning materials.

Cons

Have not noticed any yet!

"Project Manager"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

This company has so many brilliant, creative people who are willing and ready to impart their knowledge, not only of the software, but also of any ancillary skills that may help you do your job more efficiently. Management is in the trenches with you if you so much as ask, and they are incredibly supportive and fair. I wouldn't trade this work environment for anything.

Cons

The learning curve is high, which can be disheartening, but as long as you rely on the advice and help from others, you can survive the first few months feeling like you have a grasp.