Sesame Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.4

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

"Mixer" basically 30 applicants given a speech on the companies culture then shoved into micro interviews with managers. I understand this process saves their HR department money but it is an unethical way to interview as over half of us were asked to leave halfway through if we didn't make the cut.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR manager and two managers that I interacted with during the interview process were friendly. Another reviewer commented on the culture of the company and the emphasis on a "work/life balance". I would agree with this, from what I gathered, but found it unnecessary to emphasize the proximity of bars and communal beer in the fridge as employee perks. I'm not in college anymore and I left feeling like my experience was unprofessional to say the least. At any rate, if that is the environment you are looking for, this would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience working in a customer service setting.   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview itself was fairly short. They are looking for people who are good with HTML, CSS, and jQuery. There were some behavioral questions and then there is a 45 minute assessment to see how well you know prev. mentioned skills.
    I interviewed with two people, both managers in the dev department and they were both very nice and easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you've had with coworkers and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was light and easy and direct. I enjoyed meeting the people I interviewed with. I only wish they were still there. I would suggest it if the old leadership was there. It sounds like the new leadership can't get it together to fund new positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well as with teams?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for three weeks of vacation and the accommodated. It took a few days to get that answer back but it all worked out.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

I came in during an obvious shift. New VP.. new product. It took longer to get everything organized. There was a clear divide. I feel good about it now after a year. The intro was harder then.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

While I waited in the lobby area, everyone that passed through said hello and were genuine and warm. The interviewers were very open and well coordinated, so I wasn't answering the same question over and over again. They all described the company, role and culture consistently - a good sign! They also were all super positive about the future direction of the company; answering my questions about business plans pretty much the same - also a good sign there is communication about co-wide strategy. I met with a variety of people the role would interact with and it was clear they wanted to give me a good sense of the organization, and to allow others to weigh in on my skills, etc. I was impressed with the talent they have working there, and the overall feel was family-like. The location was cool too.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I would do in the first 60 days of being on the job.   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume directly to HR my friend worked for the company at the time. They also select candidates from staffing firms along with craigslist post. I then did a 1 hour phone interview with the design manager. After that I waited a week and was invited to a group interview. It was the design manager, the department manager, and one person who did the same role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just a generic set of questions. You must stress to them you are design or tech savvy. I rattled off some cool blogs I followed and my resume design was impressive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Web Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

They seemed really fun and upbeat during the phone conversations. I was really hopeful. But, I definitely think they were looking for someone under 40 and I did not have a chance. I felt rather disrespected, It was like being interviewed by your kids mean teenage friends ... with eye rolls and giggling between the kids. I guess they provide on the job training for many young people but it was very uncomfortable for me I felt I was rejected and almost openly mocked based on my age.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a designer gets off track.   1 Answer

Interactive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a personal connection and got an in-person interview.There were three people, all at once. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes. And although it went well, I had a feeling they were looking for someone right out of school as I didn't see anyone over 30 in the office on that day. I was very prepared but the entire time I was there it felt rushed. Perhaps we all knew I wasn't the right candidate for the postition. The type of work they do wasn't interesting to me and ultimately It wasn't a good fit for either of us.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer
    • Give us some examples of the work you have done in the past.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I interviewed at Sesame Communications (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

walkin interview held at kerala