Shamin Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shamin Hotels

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shamin Hotels (Portsmouth, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I sat with a member of HR. Had a typical interview. I was sold an experience nobody would be stupid enough to turn down. Don't believe anything they say about Shamin being a family oriented company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry guest and how you handled it.   Answer Question

DOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shamin Hotels (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Too long. You has to phone screen, hiring manager interview and then interview with three corporate management staff. Each interview was more than a week apart from each other so the process was slow and took almost 3-4 weeks to complete the process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shamin Hotels (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Extremely Basic. No hypothetical situations nor quizzing on 'what would you do scenarios'. Went over past experience fairly in depth as well as current economic situations and how I saw prevailing through this.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to override the current economic crisis in the areas of SMERF?   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shamin Hotels in January 2012.

Interview

Replied to craigslist ad and interviewed with Operations Manager. After initial talk came in again to talk to GM and take my drug test. Questions covered previous experience, management style, overview of company. GM acted befuddled. Waited a week for drug test results and started soon after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for eleven, they suggested starting at nine, I stuck and we agreed on ten dollars.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shamin Hotels in March 2011.

Interview

it was average paced interview and you can tell that there are some things that they are hiding and you will find out only when you are hired just be true to yourself and know your worth do not agree to pay that is below your worth

Interview Questions

• what change/improvement you can bring to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate high because your actual work once you are hired will be a lot more than the actual job description