Shane Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shane Co.

2.6

Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Nashville, TN) in November 2012.

Interview

Kind of lengthy on-line application. They didn't have a copy of my resume at the interview and didn't seem to have seen it even though I uploaded it to the site.

Background check and basic interview questions. Applied on-line and was contacted by phone to set up the interview. In-person interview and bench test, then almost a month before I heard from them with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience and general knowledge of jewelry. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you get the salary that you desire up front. Raises are not much above the cost of living increase and happen once a year.

Oct 20, 2014 – VP of Human Resources

We are glad you got the job! Thank you for your patience between the interview and hearing from us with the offer. While sometimes we do interview for positions that are coming open in the future, it... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

There was no interview process because I just applied for being an intern. An interview was not necessary because I was not going to be working in any other position other than being an intern.

Dec 8, 2015 – Chief Human Resources Officer

We hope your internship experience was a good one!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the vice president of sales development and spoke about a number of aspects of both the job and my life outside of work. I had experience as an assistant manager and was excited to apply my work and school experience to the new position.

Interview Questions

• If I was ready to be responsible for such an important role within the company.   1 Answer

Dec 8, 2015 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Glad you got the job....congratulations!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Our interview was amazing. I came in nervous about the aura of the workplace and left feeling right at home. After an interview a little over an hour, I felt as if I had a working knowledge of what would be expected of me should I get the job, as well as how I would go about my training upon my first day.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be in the jewelry business with Shane?   3 Answers

Sales Diamond Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Louisville, KY) in April 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview, and three face to face interviews. Professional appearance suits for men and suits for ladies.Customer service and competitive nature. If you have prior experience with jewelry sales it will help but not neccessary. Any customer service based sales experience is helpful.Able to multi-task and handle multiple customers at one time. Able to ask for and close the sale.

Interview Questions

• Handed a plain pen, and told to sell it to the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have prior jewelry sales experience you can negotiate your starting rate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shane Co..

Interview

They will call you for a phone screen first and they will ask general questions about availability, why your chose to apply with the company, salary requirements, why you feel like you are qualified for the position, and other similar questions. Then a first round in person interview with the assistant store manager then final with store manager and/or regional director. Then they will call with offer if you make it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a conflict at your previous employer. Tell me how you find a customer's needs. Tell me about your sales process.   Answer Question

Sales Diamond Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

Apply in person! Once you get your foot in the door & speak with a manager, you'll be on your way. Typically a 3 round interview with two assistant managers and the overall store manager. Dress to impress and be friendly to current staff / customers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 / 10 years? What experience qualifies you for this position? Name a time you dealt with a frustrated customer? Tell me a time when you faced a challenge at work and how did you over come it? Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate when given raises.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went to store and no one would talk. Got a phone interview and a followup with store. It was irritating when I went to the store to follow up, they just said that HR does all hiring. I asked to talk to a manager, but was told they are too busy and await a phone call.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shane Co. in March 2014.

Interview

good, quick, convenient, to the point, basic, telephone, in person twice, interviewed with assistant manger then with store manager, offered within a week, applying online was easy, straight to the point, inquire via phone is good too

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shane Co. (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, asked lots of questions about 15 minutes. Explained hourly wage no commision. Long hours all weekends no matter what. Dress nice, 5 weeks of training before on the floor to learn the product line. Did not get job offer. Maybe because I already have p/t job?
    No explanation on why provided.