KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 398 of over 403 reviews

4.1
Shane Co. Executive Chairman and CEO Tom Shane and Rordan Shane
Tom Shane and Rordan Shane
Pros
  • "Pay is better than many jewelry stores(in 31 reviews)

• "Great company to work for and has great benefits and employee discounts(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Must be able to function as an extrovert, retail hours, micromanagement(in 30 reviews)

• "Work life balance, mentally draining at times(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Shane Co. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Team Environment, Focus on Taking Best Care of Customers

Oct 7, 2021 - Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser
      Business Outlook

Pros

The comradery among the team is my favorite part about the company. Not having a commission based environment is a huge benefit and creates a comfortable environment where the employees all help each other. The leadership team empowers the employees to do what it takes to take care of our customers. Sales numbers are of course always important, but it doesn't dictate our worth as employees. The managers genuinely care about the employees, and put a huge focus on taking care of us, and making sure we're taking care of each other. The stores also have direct relationships with the executives at our Home Office, all of whom are continuously involved in making sure our work life is great. It truly is a wonderful company to work for - benefits are great - and if you're not opposed to working hard and being passionate about being people's friend in a retail world, then this is a great opportunity for anyone!

Cons

It's always a bit of a bummer to not have Saturdays/Sundays off. But that's the retail world, and management is great about giving you time off when you need it. The retail world isn't always pretty, and we are a high volume company, so this job isn't a walk in the park. That's not a con, but it's important that future employees understand that some days are crazy and hard work and dedication to the company is an important part of being part of the team.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts! We really do focus on, and work hard to take care of every one of our teammates. We are glad you feel it!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jan 5, 2022 - Jewelry Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture Good pay Reliable structure

Cons

Work life balance can sometimes be difficult to maintain.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for taking time the write a review!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Customers - HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION

Jan 12, 2022 - Jewelry Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Customers were great - Coworkers were great - The pay was ok for the market

Cons

- HORRIBLE communication with management. They would give us their cell phone number so we could communicate "efficiently" as well as email. Every time I would send an email or text OR call I would have to follow up at least 2-3 with the same communication to get an answer. - Face to face they would promise things and then later say that since it was not in writing it was not valid. - I had to go all the way to corporate HR in order to get a response on company policies. - I had to work with the head of media once, S, and she was not a pleasant person to work with and once again HORRIBLE at communication UNLESS you were above her. Luckily I knew someone above her so always ended up getting a response but none of my colleagues would get responses. - Superficial, Toxic work Culture.

Chief Human Resources Officer

It seems you did not have the experience of many others, or what we would want or expect. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Our core values including everyone with kindness and respect and transparency and we regret that was not the feeling you had.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, supportive team

Dec 7, 2021 - Customer Service Associate in Duluth, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Definately the most supportive retail environment I've ever been a part of, would reccomend to anyone looking for a team-driven culture! - The leadership is super flexible and open to feedback, definately something I don't see much anywhere else

Cons

- Only con would be about the Industry, not the company. Customers can be intense (especially for Engagement ring sales/modifications) and you need to be very detail oriented.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best sales job I have ever had.

Oct 7, 2021 - Jewelry Consultant in Tigard, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

great customer facing experiences, super competitive hourly pay, promise of raise with performance, non-commision (low stress), great benefits, family environment, growth opportunities, monthly touchbase with each individual. (not just a cog in a machine) consistent schedules. If you are lucky enough to work here; here's why you should apply: I have always felt like my personal goals both in and out of work, were important. The management team goes way above and beyond to make sure employees are simply having a good day. The amazing heartfelt experiences I have with my customers are reason enough to work here. The family and friendships I've made working here are the reason I stay. Having a team to collaborate and accomplish goals with is why I will encourage people to apply.

Cons

Can be challenging finding a rhythm for yourself if you aren't used to a fast paced environment. Some days are extremely busy. Your work weekend is mid-week. You will deal with upset customers from time to time.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you very much for leaving such thoughtful and detailed feedback!

6. 5.0

Incredible company!

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over 10 years and I could not be happier! The culture of the company is incredible. If you are able to handle feedback from both your managers and your peers you will have an opportunity to be successful here. We are always working on continual improvement. You also have to be people focused and willing to help each other versus being a “ME” person. The company is flexible and willing to understand each employees needs. As for work life balance, it is retail hours but as long as you communicate your needs our managers work with us.

Cons

Honestly, there really isn’t much, some days are more stressful than others but you get that anywhere. I really appreciate the opportunity for working for such a great company.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback!

7. 5.0

It’s Real

Dec 29, 2021 - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are who they say they are Company Culture Pay and Benefits Fun Atmosphere Team Oriented

Cons

Retail hours that are unavoidable

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review!

8. 5.0

Love this Company!!

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture is fantastic!!!!!! Health Insurance is very good as well as affordable- Other types of insurance is available too Lot's of growth opportunities for hard workers The company is focused on "long term" vs. "short term" results so they do what's best overall and not what adds to the bottom line like public companies Love and encourage feedback from the store/ hourly teams The ability to embrace change and be nimble in a changing environment Company outlook is very strong Lots of leadership training- really pour into the team Store hours are fantastic for retail I could go on and on and on...

Cons

Sometimes lower performers are kept too long- Though I'm glad to see that there is a desire to allow people the time to succeed! Some people will come to work because of the pay (it's fantastic) but they don't want to work hard or don't like retail hours (it's retail so you do work weekends).

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review! You are so right about the company is focus; take care of people in the short-term but plan for the long-term. Thanks for taking a career journey with us!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great company to work for

Sep 9, 2021 - Director of Employee Benefits in Centennial, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've just celebrated my 35-year work anniversary at Shane Co. and and plan to retire in a few months. Shane Co. has a very positive company culture and has provided me many opportunities to increase my knowledge and grow in responsibility. I would encourage anyone who is willing to work hard and wants to be part of a team that makes a difference in other people's lives to apply. I've worked with some of the most amazing people over the years, and this company just gets better and better as time goes on! Shane Co. has been a wonderful employer for me - I truly couldn't have asked for better!!

Cons

Frankly, I can think of none. If you hope to find a job where you just bide your time and slack off and collect your pay -- this is not the place for you!

4 people found this review helpful

Chief Human Resources Officer

Your journey here has been incredible and so beneficial to the employees of our company! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, but more so for giving your talent and professionalism and talent to Shane Co. for such a wonderful length of time! Congratulations on your recent anniversary, and enjoy your upcoming retirement!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Somewhere to call home!

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-A management team that truly cares about you as a person, not just an employee or a number -Flexibility in your position to either grow in your current position or within the company - No pressure sales environment that encourages you to be your self - TEAM environment meaning everyone celebrates each other’s success - Culture of the company is consistent, family orientated, and accommodating - They don’t allow their team members to treat others poorly, and take the culture of the company very seriously to protect one another

Cons

Working weekends in most positions is unavoidable, however they give you 3 weeks vacation just to start.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Feedback from someone of your stated tenure is very welcome, thank you for taking time to leave it! The management team DOES truly care about you and they let us know all the time. And we know working weekends to be there when the customer is can be challenging sometimes; thanks for making it happen!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 398 Reviews

Shane Co. Reviews FAQs

83% of Shane Co. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shane Co. 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shane Co. to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Shane Co. Job Seekers