Shawmut Design and Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shawmut Design and Construction

2.7

APM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process started with a 30 minute phone interview. After it was determined that I was a good candidate for the position, I was scheduled for two one on one interviews over a two week time frame. Their HR staff was very helpful and managed the process well. The interview was relaxed, and generated good dialogue. Don't expect to be hammered with questions but rather a conversation on past experiences and what makes you a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some steps you take to manage an efficient process and contribute to a team environment?   1 Answer

APM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Process started with phone screening interview. Passed that and next had to fill out a form and take a PI survey. Days later, got an email to set up the in person interview with 4 people, which was canceled the afternoon of the day before I was supposed to go in. Took a week before interview was rescheduled with 3 people this time, set for the following week, all told 2 weeks from initial interview date. Finish the interview process and the following week emailed by HR the team still hasn’t made a decision. Another week goes passes and another email, this time HR says the team decided the position was no longer needed and would be reopened in the future. Wow a promising situation turned into a disappointing waste of time, a month from process inception.

Interview Questions

• What is your construction background? How did you get into construction?   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2018 – Director People Strategies Team

We completely agree that the outcome here is disappointing and we are sorry that this process took as long as it did and that the dates and times had to be changed several times. This is not at all... More

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on line then phone interview with recruiter about 3 weeks later face-face team interview in office. Met the team and some outside the dept was never really challenged with any technical questions or experiences ?

Interview Questions

• Typical how do you play in the sand box and customer service questions.   1 Answer

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback, we are working to develop additional questions for our interview teams to really make sure we get to the details of ones experience, success and interests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very informal chat with friendly interviewer, outlined Shawmut's business plan and goals for the next 5 years and outlined exactly what my department does in terms of connecting with other departments

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

One at a time there were 4 different interviewers who stepped into a conference room to meet with me. They were seemingly experienced in the interview process and asked some text book questions and others right off the internet.
    They were refined and well spoken gentlemen. They offer a nice company and package.

Interview Questions

• They asked what would my coworkers say about me if they were asked   1 Answer

Oct 1, 2018 – Director People Strategies Team

Thank you very much for the feedback on your candidacy and interview process! We’re always striving to make the interview process as seamless and enjoyable for everyone that comes through our doors.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction.

Interview

Several managers came in for 1 to 1 interviews. It felt like they get a group of people and have an interview day where all the managers come in and explain the company. They do not have a particular job in mind when you interview. If they like you - they let you know what positions they have open.

Interview Questions

• Prior construction experience questions based on your resume.   1 Answer

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Some of our functions have several openings and we may adjust the interview process to determine an individuals overall fit and make a recommendation on a potential role or develop a role based on an... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was very thorough. Company cares a lot about cultural fit. Four different rounds of in person interviews. Be prepared to answer the unexpected. Initial interview was by phone and then I was later called in for in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Shawmut Design and Construction Response

Jun 29, 2018 – Director People Strategies Team

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad to hear things moved quickly. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Excellent screening process - also very casual, which created a very amicable atmosphere. All parties involved were extremely professional and courteous and clearly well-trained in conducting the interview process. Each step of the process felt natural and yielded positive feedback with regard to the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about my decision to leave my previous employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Over the course of the interview and follow up I met with many people, including CMST, two Assistant PM, PM, PX, Senior Estimator and the VP. I got a good feeling about the sense of team work, work ethic and culture from many different perspectives. It was a very positive experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received an email shortly after submitting my resume online, requesting a time for a phone interview. A few days later I spoke with a recruiter. I believe the phone call was supposed to last about a half hour, mine lasted closer to an hour. It went well, the call ended with the recruiter saying that I would be getting a call from another recruiter to schedule an in person interview. Within 48 hours I received a call to schedule an in person interview for the following week. I was informed that I would be interviewed by 4 people, individually.
    I met with the team and they all seemed to go well. Everyone was very friendly, asked me a lot of questions and answered all of mine.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have had to deal with on a job site?   Answer Question