Shawmut Design and Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 staff members during the first round and 3 staff members. Two separate recruiters reached out to me to initially schedule the interviews. The first round of interviews seemed as if they were convincing me as to why I should want to work for the company while the second day was full of many questions, mainly relating to my current position and my work ethic and drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Shawmut? What makes you stand out? How do you prioritize tasks? What is your normal day like?   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Good to hear we did get to the questions around your experience in the second round of interviews. We are making it a priority in 2017 to help interview teams balance the right amount of Shawmut ... More

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction.

Interview

Interview process started off very positive. Had a phone interview and was brought in for 1st rounds of in person interviews. I was told they were going to set up 2nd rounds. 2 weeks later, I got an email saying they found another candidate for the role. This whole time, I maintained an open line of communication with the internal recruiter. Good process until the end. Felt mislead and was disappointed.

Interview Questions

Shawmut Design and Construction Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear the communication during the interview process was open and ongoing but disappointed to hear we did not communicate at the end as we should have. We are making it a priority to ... More

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by a recruiter. I had tried a few channels and connections, but ultimately it was my online application that netted me an interview. It was a screening with HR. She was very thorough and knowledgeable of the industry and asked a few tough questions, but overall the interview went well. What didn't go well was them responding back to me. I eventually got a call back for a second interview nearly 3 weeks later, but by that time I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your typical day/responsibilities on your jobsite.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your new opportunity! We are always trying to find was to meet the needs of the business and our candidates. Hopefully, we can connect again in the future.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction.

Interview

Several managers came in for 1 to 1 interviews. It felt like they get a group of people and have an interview day where all the managers come in and explain the company. They do not have a particular job in mind when you interview. If they like you - they let you know what positions they have open.

Interview Questions

• Prior construction experience questions based on your resume.   1 Answer

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Some of our functions have several openings and we may adjust the interview process to determine an individuals overall fit and make a recommendation on a potential role or develop a role based on an ... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received an email 1 week later scheduling a 30min Phone Interview. After the phone screening I was called in for a 1on1. I met with 4 people, and received an offer the next day. Process took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am glad it worked out, and we are happy to have you on the Shawmut team!

HelpDesk Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

First and final interview, both groups of people were very friendly and very professional. The environment and atmosphere was warm and inviting. I enjoyed with the representatives from the different departments, to get a sense of who I would be working with and for.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I would like the change from being in a law firm environment to a construction firm.   1 Answer

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback, we are very proud of the culture and our employees. We hope that during the process you have the opportunity to meet several folks to help Shawmut and you make an informed ... More

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on line then phone interview with recruiter about 3 weeks later face-face team interview in office. Met the team and some outside the dept was never really challenged with any technical questions or experiences ?

Interview Questions

• Typical how do you play in the sand box and customer service questions.   1 Answer

Apr 5, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback, we are working to develop additional questions for our interview teams to really make sure we get to the details of ones experience, success and interests.

Cmst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial process was great. The program director was very friendly. I had my in person interview as a panel and met with 4 people. I thought it went very well, but never heard back after several follow ups. It's be about a month am a half and no response.

Interview Questions

• It was more conversational based with question from my resume. Very relaxed and informal.   Answer Question

Cmst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

First step was the phone interview with HR, followed by an in person interview with 4 people (2 hours) that are in different departments and was very casual, mostly trying to see if your personality fits and last round was with a higher up director.

APM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process started with a 30 minute phone interview. After it was determined that I was a good candidate for the position, I was scheduled for two one on one interviews over a two week time frame. Their HR staff was very helpful and managed the process well. The interview was relaxed, and generated good dialogue. Don't expect to be hammered with questions but rather a conversation on past experiences and what makes you a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some steps you take to manage an efficient process and contribute to a team environment?   Answer Question