Shiseido Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.7

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

While I didn't end up getting an offer, the interview process for a position at Shiseido was great. The in house recruiter was super professional and very responsive and the Director I met with was great. Both were very much invested in their positions with the company and seemed happy in their roles and excited about the direction the company is moving in - a great sign when you're interviewing! They were clear and concise about what they were looking for in a candidate and were interested in learning about my relevant experience. I'm sad I didn't get the job but hoping something will open up where I'll be a great fit!

Interview Questions

• We discussed my experience with digital agencies and influencer marketing tools   Answer Question

Global Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a talent recruiter, which felt laid-back with the objective being more about getting to know me and my background. A week later, I had an in-person interview with the Talent Recruiter and the Global Communications Director separately. The questions they asked were stimulating, challenging, and interesting to engage in. They both took the time to describe the structure of the company, the details of the role, and the future scope of the company, which I really appreciated. A few days after the initial in-person interview, I met with the Vice President of Global Communications. She was extremely kind, so much so, that the nerves went away and it felt as if I was talking to a close friend about my passion for the beauty industry. That evening, I received a call from the talent recruiter I had met with and she informed me that they wanted to make an offer but needed to reach out to three referrals. A day later, we discussed the offer over the phone and she then sent me a formal offer letter via email. All in all, I was very pleased with the entire process from start to finish. The organization of the interviews, the clear communication throughout, and kindness of each employee I met with truly made this a very enjoyable interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If your colleagues from your previous/current role could describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question
    • Which beauty influencers do you currently follow on social media and why?   Answer Question

Creative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR for a phone interview with the week. The following week I met with the position's hiring manager in person for about an hour. The offices are really nice but there weren't many people around.

Interview Questions

• Only cared about what cosmetics and skin care companies I'd worked for previously, none of my other experience was relevant.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Very Positive. Everyone I met was very professional & respectful. The Shiseido team was focus on the position and ensuring that I was the right fit. They also went out of their way to explain the current structure, changes that were on the horizon, and how my position would be affected.

My meetings were pleasant, two-sided, conversations vs. a typical, one-sided, interview.

Interview Questions

• Almost everyone asked me for a brief run-down of my career from start to present.   1 Answer

Influencer Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiseido.

Interview

The initial connection was easy. However, once I met with the HR woman it was a completely negative experience. I don't think I answered one positive question about myself and she seemed completely disinterested in anything I said. I keep seeing this position reposted constantly; I hope the company starts to question the interview process.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This was probably the worst interview I ever had. In life. I first met with a project manager, and that interview was pleasant and went smoothly. Next, I ended up meeting with 2 people at the same time, and it turned into a good cop/bad cop scenario, with the "bad cop" appearing to have a huge chip on his shoulders. Instead of having a conversation, the interview felt more like an interrogation. Good cop stayed mostly pleasant, asking questions every now and then, but it felt as if the bad cop was trying to break me (doubtful of my knowledge, negating what I said only to repeat it later as if I never said it/was his idea), all the while looking and acting disinterested... in fact, at some point during the interview, he accidentally shot a rubber band at me that he was playing with. After the interview, bad cop made it a point to turn to good cop and ask if there was anyone else they had to see (while I was still standing there), which was very rude and unprofessional. I'm describing the interview as difficult only due to the terrible personality I encountered. I was relieved not to receive an offer because, from the interview, I knew it would be a terrible working environment.

Interview Questions

• If you have 4 projects that would take an estimated 3 hours a piece to complete, and there are only 8 hours in a work day, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Events and Training Coordinator Interview

Interview

I first met with a few people on the team and then HR. It felt very rushed and the HR person who I spoke with did not seem interested in interviewing me and was late meeting with me. She also said she would follow up with me after and never did and it has been over 4 weeks. I expected more professionalism and respect from Shiseido and am very disappointed that they did not have the decent courtesy to send me an update after I gave my time by coming in to interview.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shiseido (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview process with Shiseido was seamless. I met with the hiring manager, hr partner and department head. They all seemed to have a passion for the brands in the portfolio which I appreciated. They all asked me thought provoking questions and also took time to give me texture around Shiseido which was helpful. I felt looped into the process and ended up joining, it has been great ever since :)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shiseido (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional, with standard interview questions, took about 30minutes. Interviewer was very upfront stating they had already pretty much narrowed down their choices and it was influenced by relations within the territory.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous employer relationship   1 Answer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiseido (Rutherford, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

One round of interviews. Interviewed by Director of Talent Acquisition then Hiring Manager. Talked about myself, and then the manager talked about position. We discussed then we thought it would be good mutual fit. Got a call week after with offer. Very easy. Pay is not the greatest, but they give bonuses.