Shoe Show Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoe Show Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Waldorf, MD).

Interview

Okay so I have had a lot of problems withthe shoe Department and I want to start by saying I applied to the job with my friend, in hopes of getting the opportunity to work for the shoe department.but I am actually glad that I didn't get the job because I realized how unorganized the manager was in setting up my orientation he had already let me know that I had the job but he never spoke to me about anything he always spoke through my friend that end up getting the job as well. The unorganization started when I bought my uniform for the shoe department because I was told that I had the job and I had orientation but I went to orientation and made it there at least 30 minutes before the time he asked me to come I get there and he wasting time doing other things instead of actually telling me what I had to do about my papers then eventually he sat down with me and let me know what I had to do and being that I had work ,after this orientation I will have to still finish these papers so after my orientation that I have not completed I have called up to the store on multiple occasions just to find out that the manager was never there and he was supposed to reschedule another day for my orientation . He never did and instead of talking to me directly as a manager should, he spoke through my friend. Also I was told that I didn't get the job after I had the one day of orientation because I had another job and apparently I wouldn't put that job first which is understandable until I also found out that a lady at the shoe department said that I didn't get the job because of the way that I looked they thought that I was high at the interview supposedly and I don't even smoke but I continued with my journey of finding a new job just to find out that the manager keeps talking through my friend to ask if I needed a job... i would not reccomend working here because it is extremely unorganized , the manager is never there and the was the worst job experiece I have ever had!

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglas, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Douglas, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very short, it cut to chase. The questions were not difficult, but they were rational. It was online so it was easy to take a minute to think about the right response.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the same questions, In diffrent forms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick and easy. Went in for an application, filled it out, and gave to the manager. Went in for the interview the next day and there wasn't any questions. She just scanned the application and after she got a bunch of paper work for me to sign. My first day was the following day.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

First was a brief, one on one, phone interview to explain the responsibilities of the position and to ask basic background questions regarding my experience. Second was an in person interview, with two individuals at the corporate headquarters, asking more in depth questions about my experience and explaining the role further.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most positive/negative experiences you have had in your career so far.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I didn't even have an official interview. The DM was handing out applications, so I filled one out and handed him my resume as well. He read through my application and resume and offered me a job on the spot. If all happened very fast, and was not professional at all. After I was hired, they did a drug test, and that was the entire process.

Interview Questions

• He asked how long I had been in management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I was required to work 48+ hours a week and that I was required to close three nights a week. I asked if I could close two nights a week because I'm a single mother and it's hard for me to be away from my child, and the DM threatened to retract his job offer simply because I asked a question.

SM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoe Show.

Interview

Very direct and to point great review of benefits an well as expectations great review of job description and training a lot of discussion of the company and where it is going and where it is not going. Discussion of advancement as well as associate development and promotions from with in.

Anonymous Employee in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Dickson, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out a resume never heard back until I walked back in to check up on it. I finally got a call back for me to come back in for a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• If I had shoe sales experience   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoe Show (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I filled out the application, and was interviewed the same day, I was offered employment immediately following the interview, and started working in the same week. Interviewer has a sheet of questions they must ask during the interview. Simple common sense answers should be given.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoe Show.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring. They said yes and to come in and fill out an application. I came in and filled out the application. The manager looked at it right then and there. He asked very basic questions about my experience and availability. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Very basic things like "What makes good customer service?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoe Show.

Interview

Well I didn't really have an interview. I got an application and right after I walked up to the dm and handed in the application right after she asked me a few questions nothing to serious really just about if I go to school and stuff. I started at a brand new store meaning, i help opened a store which was kinda fun. But not really much of an interview. I was never interviewed by the HM I think only because they were still in the process of hiring HM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation there was none well that's if you call negotiation your hours. And I didn't really negotiate them I just said I would like to work x amount of hours and in the beginning I was able to get those hours