Simba Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Simba Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A lot of Java concept, UML, and array questions.

After doing some research about this company I want to stay away from it. This is due to a recent buyout of company, low salary, and financial crisis.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview

Applied through school, interview process took roughly 2 weeks. Super nice people, even though there were a couple people in the room during the interview it was super laid back and they made sure to be disarming. Went over some personal questions about what I hope to learn, what I know about the company, etc. Then a few basic OOP questions and one whiteboard question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the overall process didnt take more than a week.
    Interview was very chill but alot of people were being interviewed at the same time
    went over bits of resume, then basic questions on design principles, oop, and basic c++ and java questions and a final coding question on whiteboard

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that asked me some easy technical Qs at the end. Next round was a panel interview with a manager and a team Lead. Some relatively easy questions about Java and C and one board question. Next round was with the VP. No technical questions here. It went smoothly but apparently they changed their mind about the position.

Software Engineering Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview

Interview is good prepared, the project managers are kind. Interview has 3 part. Part1 is introduce yourself, second is some personality question like how will you do if you have argument with your teammates etc. Part3 is all about technical question, which occupy half of the interview. Technical questions will cover your projects but most of those are focus on C++. Technical question for me is easy with a little bit depth. Prepare with the concept that you won't be able to learn in school.

Interview Questions

• What is the characteristics of C++.
      What is the different with C and C++…   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was scheduled for 30mins, but it ends up like 45 mins. There were two developers interviewing me, asking 10% about the resume, 40% about technical questions, and last they gave me a simple coding questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

quite interesting. recruiter phoned in and talked about 30 minutes. there were HR type of questions but there were some related to the work and projects. seems to be a bit of uncertainty in moving to next step.

Interview Questions

• typical HR questions. eg. tell me about yourself, what is your best strength...   Answer Question

Test Automation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I got referred by my friend. but still need to get phone interview at first,

then onsite interview with 2 hours. 1 for technical, 1 for non-tech. during the tech section. start with information about yourself, work experiences. then some foundation and basic questions about the programming languages. they will ask you both java , c++ questions. then come with an simple coding question. e.g. reverse array in place. then come with an OOD question. e.g. amusement park with attractions. design an queuing system. after that, it comes with non- tech sections. some behaviour questions like how you handle conflict, what is your proude project or task. your salary expect, what is your career goal after 3 or 5 years. e.g. finally, they will let you rank list of jobs from most favourite and most skilled to least.
    in the end, they will ask you do you have any questions?

finally, it will be an final interview if you passed onsite. you will meet VP talking go through all of your resume, every single time slot, if you have any blank Period, they will ask for sure LOL.
    then he will talk about the team, position and talk to you about whether you are a good fit for that team. then you can ask questions in the end.

totally, it takes three weeks for process the interview

Interview Questions

• Q: reverse array in place

Q: OOD question. e.g. amusement park with attractions. design an queuing system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simba Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through school, got contacted for an interview, interviewed and got job offer in less than 2 weeks. Was only interviewed by one person, very friendly and easy going vibe. Interview was scheduled for 30 minutes however it was more like an hour long interview. First half was experiences and specific classes and the second part was more technical. Questions that I didn't know where explained and answered, interviewer was very well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Java specific questions, abstract vs interface, pass by reference vs pass by value, final, finally and finalize, how does garbage collection work   Answer Question
    • Coding questions was to reverse an array in place   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview

3 process interview that included both technical and behavioral questions. First was a phone interview and then an in person interview with two managers. One hour will be a technical interview and another hour would be an behavioral/personality interview. Next would be a meeting with the CEO.