Skidmore College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skidmore College Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant/Associate Director - Annual Fund Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever. Began with the online portal with auto receipt. Had inside/friend in dept forward resume. Had initial phone interview that was promising in August. Brought in Sept 14 for in person with "search committee". Asked timetable-the manager wanted October but cautioned would be lucky if person could start Nov 1. Called and emailed manager multiple times. Emailed contact in HR to ask for the "thanks but no thanks". Did not receive that email until....DEC 1. If they treat potential employees like this, I can only imagine how poorly they treat employees. Typical elitist liberal arts college who don't believe they are....

Interview Questions

• Could tell immediately they weren't really interested in anything I had to say. More to share how bureaucratic their department was and if I could tolerate that.   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore College.

Interview

The in-person interview was friendly and relaxed. They reviewed your resume and asked your stereotypical interview questions, i.e. how will your past jobs help you in this role, what are your weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skidmore College.

Interview

It was very straightforward, apply through the school system and put in your resume. The people will call and you'll have a short interview to attend to. The interviewer didn't really care much about what you know but more of whether you are willing to learn. If you can show that you are willing to learn and contribute, you'll be a good fit.

Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the staff in the office. The next round was an on-campus interview where I met with staff members from different offices in the college.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a professional mistake you have made.   Answer Question
    • In a crisis situation, how do you go about assessing different courses of action and choosing how to respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to plan an event. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I received an email, indicating that there was a demand for chemistry tutors. I responded. The supervisor made sure I met the requirements, which included receiving a B+ in the course that I tutored. I attended a mandatory training lecture. He let me know what days were available to tutor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same.

Graphic Designer and Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Worked with Bob Carlton, who is lovely. He called me and we spoke about my experience and I was given a graphic design assignment for one of their products. This was over the summer so I wasn't on campus. I completed the assignment using my own Adobe programs and met with him when schools tarted. I began working soon after, although he ended up not really being my direct boss.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skidmore College in April 2009.

Interview

Good experience. Strong emphasis on teaching.