KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Skidmore College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skidmore College

Skidmore College

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore College in Jul 2021

Interview

Go through big production with a panel of people. They claim to be open to people with different work experience but in the end the hire only people who previously did the job or were one step below. Creative thought doesn't matter.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss previous experience with donor.
    Answer Question

Skidmore College

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Skidmore College in Sep 2018

Interview

Very easy but a long training process online. Need to get approval from multiple staff members prior to even applying.. Signatures of sponsors etc and recommendations are required. overall experience was average. training was redundant at times so I would diversify the cases more

Interview Questions
  • How would you react if a tutee asked you to stop working and get lunch

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Skidmore College

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Skidmore College in Sep 2016

Interview

Worst experience ever. Began with the online portal with auto receipt. Had inside/friend in dept forward resume. Had initial phone interview that was promising in August. Brought in Sept 14 for in person with "search committee". Asked timetable-the manager wanted October but cautioned would be lucky if person could start Nov 1. Called and emailed manager multiple times. Emailed contact in HR to ask for the "thanks but no thanks". Did not receive that email until....DEC 1. If they treat potential employees like this, I can only imagine how poorly they treat employees. Typical elitist liberal arts college who don't believe they are....

Interview Questions
  • Could tell immediately they weren't really interested in anything I had to say. More to share how bureaucratic their department was and if I could tolerate that.

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY)

Interview

The in-person interview was friendly and relaxed. They reviewed your resume and asked your stereotypical interview questions, i.e. how will your past jobs help you in this role, what are your weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY)

Interview

It was very straightforward, apply through the school system and put in your resume. The people will call and you'll have a short interview to attend to. The interviewer didn't really care much about what you know but more of whether you are willing to learn. If you can show that you are willing to learn and contribute, you'll be a good fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY)

Interview

There was a phone interview with the staff in the office. The next round was an on-campus interview where I met with staff members from different offices in the college.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a professional mistake you have made.
  • In a crisis situation, how do you go about assessing different courses of action and choosing how to respond?
  • Tell us about a time you had to plan an event. What was the outcome?

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY) in Sep 2012

Interview

I received an email, indicating that there was a demand for chemistry tutors. I responded. The supervisor made sure I met the requirements, which included receiving a B+ in the course that I tutored. I attended a mandatory training lecture. He let me know what days were available to tutor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore College (Saratoga Springs, NY) in Sep 2012

Interview

Worked with Bob Carlton, who is lovely. He called me and we spoke about my experience and I was given a graphic design assignment for one of their products. This was over the summer so I wasn't on campus. I completed the assignment using my own Adobe programs and met with him when schools tarted. I began working soon after, although he ended up not really being my direct boss.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skidmore College in Apr 2009

Interview

Good experience. Strong emphasis on teaching.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed