Skillz Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skillz (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First a brief HR phone call and then directly onsite to SF (No technical phone screen). One thing that I felt weird (apart from not having a technical phone screen) was that the company was not ready to sponsor h1b in the first year. HR told me that they really wants to be sure that you are the right candidate for the company before they can file h1b for you. I think since we(international students) get only 3 chances for h1b, missing one chance is a big deal. So if you are an international student looking for a job just after graduation, clear this point with the hr first before taking things further.

Interview Questions

• so a total of 5 rounds. Unfortunately I could not get through after the three rounds.
    First round consist of java test. laptop will be provided to you with 6 tabs open(one question in each tab, you cannot run the program)
    q1> it was sort of a race condition type solutioon. when one thread satisfies the condition i,e if it is not null, it reaches the second line, by that time, another thread would have made the condition null. Something like that(you have to find the problem in this question and this was the problem)
    q2>multithreading question : you have to put wait in one of the methods so that both threads finish the execution
    q3>try catch finally
    q4>overridding equals and hashcode for hashmap
    q5>overridding equals method for arraylist
    q6>implement arraylist

Second round was a design question: i was asked to write the code for url shortener and then the vice versa of it. Then the interviewer asked me to make the complete system like when you type google.com, what happens, how the request goes and the complete flow. make sure that you make a load balancer and a caching mechanism in your system.

Third round was peer to peer interview: two interviewers came from different background and they asked me behavioral questions   1 Answer