SkinMedica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at SkinMedica

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SkinMedica (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I have been employed by two companies that are the leaders in medical aesthetics and dermatology. Through networking I was referred to Skinmedica. They were eager to meet with me and to pick my brain because I had worked for a past competitor. I drove two hours for the initial interview. We completed the interview at 12:00pm. They didn't invite me to join them for lunch. When I came down for the third interview they ordered a take-out burrito which I ate alone in an unused office (how awkward and wierd??). It was a strange unprofessional way to treat someone. I wrote thank you letters and sent correspondence requesting an update on the status of the position. Neither the Director of Marketing nor Human Resources Director had the courtesy to respond. No one ever returned my emails or calls.

Very amatuerish and highly unprofessional. I would not want to work for this management team. The strategy of the Senior VP of Sales is to duplicate what the competition is doing. I think he was more interested in what my past employer was doing versus my qualifications as a candidate. They have a decent product but is by no means a leader nor is it revolutionary. My advice is not to waste your time on this one.

From HR to the senior management team they are barely surviving. Not a player in the industry. My former company doesn't even consider them competition anymore. If you really want to work in prescription skincare or medical aesthetics, my advice is to target other companies within the industry that are established leaders. The industry is strong, but this company is not. They sold off their prescription skincare product line last year to decrease their high debt ratio.

Interview Questions

• What is the marketing strategy of your former company?   2 Answers
    • Can you work in an unstructured often chaotic environment?   1 Answer